Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

... deleted

AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 9, 2023 7:41AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭✭✭

Surfaces look boinked (cleaned/smoothed) - although that could be the light and image - and maybe a couple edge issues, but it has AU+ details

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

wings of eagle look AU+

hair band of liberty looks AU-

Coin surfaces look messed with.

Good luck!
    Surf

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is AU details, cleaned.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with all the opinions already voiced. AU cleaned or polished. I hope you didn't overpay for it because it's essentially a bullion coin. At least it looks to be genuine.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Appears authentic with the already stated issues. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    mountain_goatmountain_goat Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

Here is MS-62 for comparison.

• Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

AU details

👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

AU details, cleaned. That is probably why it is not slabbed.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

looks like you need to be at ms62 ,or higher, to be above melt on that issue. i can imagine a slight premium in AU+ already in a holder with exceptional eye appeal. this one does not have any of that going for it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file