Home Sports Talk
Options

2022 NBA playoffs discussion

123457»

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've said all along that for the Celtics to win it they needed to do it in 6.

I expect the Celtics to win game 6

The only way I see them letting the Celtics win game 7 is if it is decided that Curry gets the MVP. But time will tell. I'll be watching.

• Options
    charliej2356charliej2356 Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

Warning! Cuidado!

This thread is controlled by fans of da C's (disease?). Say nothing negative about Boston!

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tis true that many people who have attended GSW games since the team won a title in 2014-2015 and has now played in 6 of the last 8 Finals do so only because it is the "trendy" place to be seen.

Many fans of the GSW who followed the team as it wandered in the desert from late 70's through the early 2010's (during which it made the offs 3-4 times) are priced out of attending games since the move to Chase Center.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:
    Tis true that many people who have attended GSW games since the team won a title in 2014-2015 and has now played in 6 of the last 8 Finals do so only because it is the "trendy" place to be seen.

Many fans of the GSW who followed the team as it wandered in the desert from late 70's through the early 2010's (during which it made the offs 3-4 times) are priced out of attending games since the move to Chase Center.

My meme wasn't meant for those fans just a certain one here. (you're not the one lol) 😉

• Options
    edited June 14, 2022 1:20PM

A little trivia.

The man who sung the National Anthem last night just before tip off (Tony Lindsay) is the brother in law of the husband of my wife's best friend.

I have met and gotten to know Tony over the years. Great guy with a storied career in Music.

• Options

@SanctionII said:

It sucks from a fan standpoint but the Dubs owners are willing to spend more in tax alone than the team's salary cap to keep together the core over the years while adding players that make a difference. I'd take that over cheaper tickets anyday.

This current Celtics core of top 7-8 players are all contractually locked in for the next few years so we'll see if Boston's ownership group is willing to spend into the tax to add to this team.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

i think the first rule of trash-talking is forgoing your right to do so when your huevos shrivel up to the size of cheese puffs and you hedge yourself out of 1000 bucks

• Options

@charliej2356 said:
    Warning! Cuidado!

This thread is controlled by fans of da C's (disease?). Say nothing negative about Boston!

I shouldn't respond here, but I will. You know darn well that's not how it went down. If you want me to take screen shots of all of the back and forth, on this thread and the other one you started, and dissect it, I will.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@charliej2356 said:
    Warning! Cuidado!

I shouldn't respond here, but I will. You know darn well that's not how it went down. If you want me to take screen shots of all of the back and forth, on this thread and the other one you started, and dissect it, I will.

Please don't dissect anything, Dr. Lecter. You'll be in a better mood after da C's win Game 6. Yep, the fix is on. As I opined before, this series smells fishy to me. I've heard that Game 7 will be played at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco.

• Options

@charliej2356 said:

@thisistheshow said:

@charliej2356 said:
    Warning! Cuidado!

Please don't dissect anything, Dr. Lecter. You'll be in a better mood after da C's win Game 6. Yep, the fix is on. As I opined before, this series smells fishy to me. I've heard that Game 7 will be played at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco.

I predict a game 7 win by GS.

• Options

I've got More Than a Feeling that Boston wins the game tonight ...

• Options

@charliej2356 said:

Thanks for giving me some peace of mind.

• Options

Game 6 could be a blowout win; or it could be a nail biter with the winner being the team that makes a winning basket as time expires.

I prefer a nail biter, perhaps even a triple overtime affair B)

Go Celtics, because I want to see a Game 7 (though I suspect Curry will be on fire tonight; plus a "Game 6 Klay" performance will likely happen).

• Options

Celtics are winning tonight. Let's not think about game 7.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@charliej2356 said:

Thanks for giving me some peace of mind.

Great response! [although many won't get it]

• Options

☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    ☘️☘️🤷

• Options

Tonight would be a great night to see some of our role players come out and hit some threes to open up the paint.

• Options

Just so everyone here can watch this game and enjoy it for what is is without stressing one way or the other, here's what's going to happen. Actually , here's what's going to happen both tonight and game 7.

Celtics win game 6 tonight.

Celtics only chance to win game 7 is if they play near perfect basketball. And that will include them going to the rim with intent. Intent to score, not looking for the foul or looking for contact.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Just so everyone here can watch this game and enjoy it for what is is without stressing one way or the other, here's what's going to happen. Actually , here's what's going to happen both tonight and game 7.

Celtics win game 6 tonight.

Celtics only chance to win game 7 is if they play near perfect basketball. And that will include them going to the rim with intent. Intent to score, not looking for the foul or looking for contact.

Here's hoping the home crowd gets so loud that Darryl Strawberry gets PTSD flashbacks to '86! >:)B)>:)

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck Boston fans........ should be a great game. Got the Brats simmering in a pan of onions and beer, sitting back with a few sips of moonshine and gonna enjoy the game tonight no matter the outcome..........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

I just want to see a win tonight and give yourself a chance in game 7. If you want the league to consider you legit contenders then go out and prove it.

• Options

Yikes - Did I just hear the game announcer just say GS 22 in a row?

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

ROOKIE COACH GETTING SCHOOLED. if you have a significant size advantage, post up your big guys and make them stop you. pretty easy. trying to play the warriors game of spread and fire, is not to the celtics advantage.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

What happened?

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

I'll be darn, Boston down by 8 just like that - Hmmmmm

• Options

really sad ending for boston. had a 2-1 lead and looked dominant, too totally inept. not a kerr fan, but give him props he's a much better coach. celtics coach is only good at calling time outs.

• Options

The 2nd half will show us what these Celtics are made of , win or lose...

• Options

@Brick said:
    What happened?

I can't say...

• Options

@olb31 said:
    really sad ending for boston. had a 2-1 lead and looked dominant, too totally inept. not a kerr fan, but give him props he's a much better coach. celtics coach is only good at calling time outs.

Udoka did a lot of great things for the Celtics this year. I was pleasantly surprised with him. That being said, he hasn't been perfect and his mistakes are now in a huge stage. Still, I am not a Kerr fan.

• Options

But the coach is not the main reason we are down 20 in the 2nd half of a championship elimination game.

• Options

I'm not giving up until they do.

• Options

gotta use your size. warriors have no shot blockers.

• Options
    edited June 16, 2022 8:32PM

@SanctionII Congrats on the win, GS closed out this series like champs. They showed that they were clearly the better team.

• Options

Congratulations to all of the Warriors fans out there!

• Options

I appreciate everyone who participated in this thread, you made the playoffs all that much more fun.

• Options
    edited June 18, 2022 10:43AM

Erikthredd.

Thank you, however I give your kind words to the GSW.

I have lived in the SF bay area since 1986, but the team I am a fan of is the Broncos of the NFL (since I grew up in Denver).

As for hoops, I am a fan of the game and enjoy watching good teams play (i played in high school and college).

I have watched the GSW teams for 36 years now, including the horrible teams of the pre Lacob era. Simply because of where I live.

Once Lacob bought the team its fortunes changed for the better. Since 2012-2013 the team has played very well. It has been very entertaining as it has great players, coaches, management and ownership.

This year's team dealt with multiple injuries and took a while to jell. When it did, it was a well oiled machine, particularly on the defensive side of the ball (just look at Boston's stats during the finals). It also had a deep roster with interchangeable players, including four (Curry, Thompson, Wiggins and Poole) who can explode for 30+ point scoring.

I wanted the Celtics to win Game 6 so there could be a Game 7. However, it does not surprise me that the Celtics lost tonight.

I think losing Games 4 and 5 took it out of the Celtics mentally, making tonight a very difficult game to win.

Hopefully next year these two teams will have a rematch.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,777 ✭✭✭✭✭

Celts folded to a better team.

The C’s got a solid group that should be back soon

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Celts folded to a better team.

The C’s got a solid group that should be back soon

I don't think the Warriors are better, I think the Celts got out coached. Celts tried to play the Warriors game instead using the height advantage and forcing the warriors to guard the post. Williams and Horford had 3 - 5 inch height advantages over the guys covering them, plus with Williams leaping ability, he could score at any time. Watching Tatum, Brown and Smart getting striped over and over was like watching a pee wee team just starting out and doing the same thing over and over.

Celts, need to pass more, need a point guard and one more bench player. The lack of passing and their tough road to the championship tired them out. They scored 120 in the first game and then couldn't score 90 the last three.

Curry, was no doubt, the best player on the court. And the warriors fed off him. Horford may have been the Celtics best player, but they didn't use him as such.

• Options

olb31 states "I don't think the Warriors are better".

He then goes on to state he thinks the Celtics got outcoached; and he states multiple reasons why the Celtics lost in the Finals (not using their height advantage by posting up down low, Brown and Smart getting stripped, needing to pass more, needing a point guard, needing one more bench player, getting tired out and not being able to score in the last three games).

olb31's own statements demonstrate why the Celtics are not better than the Warriors (at least in the 2021-2022 Finals). :)