Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***2022 ASE's sold out by enrollments? The W & Unc. No Way! The S is UNLIMITED mintage OFFICIAL ***

HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 26, 2022 7:47AM in U.S. Coin Forum

************According to the email I received from the mint, both proofs and the uncirculated eagles are sold out thru enrollments.
They say that it is unlikely that many will be available when they go on sale. Will this be the case or is this just hype to get more enrollments? ** Remember that box of chocolates thing** !!!

Remember I warned that the mint was up to new tricks this year to game the gamers. Sold Out ? Available, Back Order, Available again, Remind Me, Back Order again. They just keep coming and coming.
They are producing a boatload of these coins. You will be amazed at the final quantities.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

Comments

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the Enrollment page.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2022 6:13PM

Oh my

The mint said sourcing silver was tough.

We’re finding out how tough if they can’t produce more ASE

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

From the email I received from the mint:

For the first time in Mint history, the 2022 American Eagle Silver One Ounce Proof Coin (S) and the 2022 American Eagle Silver One Ounce Uncirculated Coin (W) have sold out on enrollments.

Fortunately, we still have some of the 2022 American Eagle Silver One Ounce Proof Coin (W) available, but as of today there are fewer than 13,000 units remaining.

It is unlikely many units will be available on the scheduled release date of April 14. If you have not already enrolled and want to own a 2022 American Eagle coin, we suggest you enroll today. All enrollments receive free budget shipping and ensure you’ll stay current in the program.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    charlesf20charlesf20 Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

?

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2022 7:05AM

No! the email says "product enrollments" are sold out. That means you will have to compete on product launch date/time because what will be available will be very limited and likely sell out quickly. If you had an enrollment already, your irder will likely be automatically fulfilled.

(l8-)>>

• Options

I would suggest enrolling for any product you "might" want, then deactivate the enrollment a week before on-sale date, if you don't want it.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

@edgar said:
    No! the email says "product enrollments" are sold out. That means you will have to compete on product launch date/time be cause what will be available will be very limited and likely sell out quickly. If you had an enrollment already, your irder will likely be automatically fulfilled.

Someone is paying attention. :)

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fortunately I stopped collecting the ASE. I had complete set of the uncirculated and almost complete set of the proof less th 95-W.
    After my double by pass I gave both sets to my daughter.
    But I still get W proof as gifts for my grand children.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have an enrollment for the W ASE... but only use it occasionally. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

Maybe now they will do what they did with the Quarters and come in on the last day and limit everyone to 5 just to make sure everything is fair.

• Options
    stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

I hope the ASE-S proof enrollment opens up. Or at least they'll have some to order.
    I'd HATE for that to be the 1 ASE proof I'd have missing. Just stupid. (Or pay 3-5 x for one on the open market, I'm sure HSN will have a bunch. ;) )
    Anyone think they'll cancel the "S" proof this year?

• Options
    edited March 24, 2022 7:19AM

@JBK said:

@edgar said:
    No! the email says "product enrollments" are sold out. That means you will have to compete on product launch date/time be cause what will be available will be very limited and likely sell out quickly. If you had an enrollment already, your irder will likely be automatically fulfilled.

Someone is paying attention. :)

Yes and apparently some are not paying attention. All should read the opening post again and think twice if needed. :)

• Options

The mint email states " for the first time in mint history the coins sold out on enrollments " Enrollments have closed on many coins in the past and were available at on sale time so what are they trying to imply ? Will only cancelled enrollments be available at on sale ? Will they suddenly obtain more planchets and produce more ? Is this just another mint scam to entice more enrollments ? The possibilities are many. This is the mint so remember that box of chocolates thing !!!! B)

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

May be a possible scarcity.. or may be hype. Another thing to consider... as far as I know they can produce more ASE later this year... there is a lot of the year 2022 left. We've seen that scenario before.

----- kj
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Emergency issues on the way. 🙀

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

Looks like no limits

• Options

The mint needs a new copy editor. They are needlessly confusing people.

As I understand it, they offer a certain number of enrollment subscriptions. Those do not (supposedly) account for the entire mintage.

So, it is certain enrollments that are booked full ("sold out"), not the coins themselves.

• Options

@HATTRICK said:
    The mint email states " for the first time in mint history the coins sold out on enrollments " Enrollments have closed on many coins in the past and were available at on sale time so what are they trying to imply ? Will only cancelled enrollments be available at on sale ? Will they suddenly obtain more planchets and produce more ? Is this just another mint scam to entice more enrollments ? The possibilities are many. This is the mint so remember that box of chocolates thing !!!! B)

“For the first time in mint “History “ is not exactly encouraging. Not seen that before ( cat’s laughing at me because ofcourse it’s the first time )
    I agree some clarification would be nice but I guess what part of “first time ever “ don’t I understand 🤨🙀🦫

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2022 4:04PM

@HATTRICK said:
    From the email I received from the mint:

For the first time in Mint history, the 2022 American Eagle Silver One Ounce Proof Coin (S) and the 2022 American Eagle Silver One Ounce Uncirculated Coin (W) have sold out on enrollments.

It is unlikely many units will be available on the scheduled release date of April 14. If you have not already enrolled and want to own a 2022 American Eagle coin, we suggest you enroll today. All enrollments receive free budget shipping and ensure you’ll stay current in the program.

May be hype, but I read it as the production limit of these, much like the Sally Ride quarters, is accounted for by enrollments. The statement makes it clear in the last paragraph that "it is unlikely many units will be available on the scheduled release date" Alot of people boosted enrollments of these last year. I think any of the S and Unc available will be from those enrollments dropping down.

Beginning with the 2021 ASEs and now through the women's quarters it should be clear that if you want something that is available by enrollment you should be enrolled. It is free to enroll, free shipping, and you can always drop down ahead of the release date - why wouldn't you?

• Options
    edited March 24, 2022 4:30PM

They sure as heck sold all the 3- roll Sally’s and 100 coin bags through enrollment. Why would they not do the same with ase’s.
    I repeat… they just did this ,to us , 2 days ago. Smuglr, It sure sounds like they would do this in a heartbeat 😉🙀🦫
    HAT. They mention the release date being SOL. Didn’t see that, wondering how this is going to play out.

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2022 5:21PM

W mint ASE in the Congratulations set.
    S mint ASE likely in the LE Silver proof set
    ....neither is subject to enrollments.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2022 6:14PM

Clarification from the Mint ? Don't count on it. Confusion is one of their main sales tactics. :o

Round and round and round it goes just like one of those mint spinning wheels.

• Options
    edited March 24, 2022 6:30PM

And the congratulations set has the type 2 ase W proof for the first time. It’s one of my picks. Last year was type 1 ase.
    Gunna be huge for congratulations set collectors. First of the new run
    Will they change the packaging?

And here’s where the S ase is available Limited edition set coming out of SF this year 😉

• Options
    edited March 24, 2022 6:41PM

Ofcourse they posted the pictures ten seconds after I said “I wonder if they will change the packaging.
    No. Same same

• Options
    edited March 24, 2022 6:50PM

It says the product "series" is available for enrollment. The series has a specific product code which does not reflect a single year, but rather all years. They usually close enrollments 2 weeks (?) prior to product sale for order processing, if they haven't "sold" all of the available enrollments.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    originalsandmanoriginalsandman Posts: 155 ✭✭✭

can someone explain to me why the congratulations set has been so popular?

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2022 7:05AM

I believe a certain number of the ASEs are allocated to enrollment sales and that number has been reached, thus the enrollment sellout. When the ASEs do become available to the public on the website, keep in mind that the published mintage will include those already sold via enrollment. It would be nice for the mint to reveal the number of coins allocated to enrollments.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

@originalsandman said:

A workaround for getting an ASE that is sold out?

• Options
    originalsandmanoriginalsandman Posts: 155 ✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@originalsandman said:

A workaround for getting an ASE that is sold out?

yeah, but i've seen them advertised for sale for so much more than a normal ASE W...just never understood. Thanks!

• Options

While your at it see if you can get an explanation for the limited edition set. Cardboard is the only difference between proof W ase OGP and congratulations set They used to have clamshell display cases now fuzzy cardboard junk

• Options
    stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    While your at it see if you can get an explanation for the limited edition set. Cardboard is the only difference between proof W ase OGP and congratulations set They used to have clamshell display cases now fuzzy cardboard junk

I was in agreement, but the other possible allure is ... each coin is separately encapsulated. No lenses to break open. So easier to send individual (popular) coins for grading. Just my 2 pence.

I also thought these special sets came out around the time the coins were available and sold out just as quickly? (Maybe that was last year?) Well, maybe not the LE silver set, thats typically later in the year, after the regular silver proof set.

• Options
    edited March 25, 2022 12:04PM

@Bullsitter said:

@HATTRICK said:

The possibilities are many. This is the mint so remember that box of chocolates thing !!!! B)

Here you go Hat.... B)

"For the first time in Mint history" A U S Mint box of chocolates. Love it ! <3

• Options

@Bullsitter said:

@HATTRICK said:

The possibilities are many. This is the mint so remember that box of chocolates thing !!!! B)

Here you go Hat.... B)

"The Mint is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're (not) going to get."

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but not seeing a workaround for the unc. So is enrollment the only way to acquire?

• Options

@SPalladino said:

I was incorrect about the LE silver proof set. Instead of a S mint ASE proof, it will have a W mint ASE proof.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2022 7:58PM

Right, so no workaround for the unc as I see it. May increase quantity on enrollment now. Hard to believe they will be sold out prior to release date.

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

How does it work when the enrollments are sold out then a lot of people go in and increase their enrollment quantity? Maybe that's is what the mint means by unprecedented demand. How else do they know that demand is so high. Is there a place to go and say I want to still order and then the mint knows demand is high. Then they come in and limit everybody to just 5 again.

• Options

@SPalladino said:

@SPalladino said:

I was incorrect about the LE silver proof set. Instead of a S mint ASE proof, it will have a W mint ASE proof.

It sez San Francisco on the description limited edition set

• Options

@Bullsitter said:

@HATTRICK said:

• Options

@younique said:

@Bullsitter said:

@HATTRICK said:

Ya agreed. It’s not like the mint would advertise the heck out of something and then dump it at the last minute 🙀😂😂😂🦫
    So are you guys going to get both the morgan and peace proofs this fal😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options

TBD...May be additional US Mint shenanigans...

• Options
    edited March 25, 2022 10:13PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@SPalladino said:

@SPalladino said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@SPalladino said:

@SPalladino said:

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins.html
    Read the March 22 article on the LE silver proof set.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2022 10:22PM

Ok, sets including proof "W" & proof "S" are workarounds. Nothing in the way of workaround for uncs. So, uncs already sold out by virtue of enrollments? That would represent 35,000 enrollments - limited to 5 per household - Never have seen a sellout prior to release date and never a hhl, not on unc ASEs.

• Options
    edited March 25, 2022 10:54PM

@younique said:
    Ok, sets including proof "W" & proof "S" are workarounds. Nothing in the way of workaround for uncs. So, uncs already sold out by virtue of enrollments? That would represent 35,000 enrollments - limited to 5 per household - Never have seen a sellout prior to release date and never a hhl, not on unc ASEs.

Limited edition set is now..
    No work around for the S proof. Seems their putting a W MM ASE with the rest, dime thru half being S MM. Something’s getting shipped because they have to assemble the sets. West Point to SF ? Less items. Makes no sense.

• Options
    edited March 25, 2022 11:16PM

Yes, the LE should contain a "W" eagle. So, add 50,000 to the proof "W" by virtue of the set if CoinWorld is correct. No eagle in annual silver proof set. Was just talking uncs.

• Options
    edited March 25, 2022 11:23PM

I was thinking because the rest is from San Francisco the ase would be. Found this and perhaps this explains why, although seems silly. The W proof and the congratulations set give access to the 22W type 2. The W last year was a type one 🙀🤨 ( the 2018 LES was SF with the ase)

• Options

Good night. Saturday morning with coins. See you then 😉🐈🦫

• Options

@younique said:
    Right, so no workaround for the unc as I see it. May increase quantity on enrollment now. Hard to believe they will be sold out prior to release date.

Pre-sale enrollments will be sold out. There will still be ASEs available on release date.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file