Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A December to Remember...Show your Presents!

Comments

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@slimies said:
    picked this one up .. quite the ink shift on it

Wow! Was this an early 3d card? 😀

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:

@slimies said:
    picked this one up .. quite the ink shift on it

Wow! Was this an early 3d card? 😀

ill have to find some glasses and find out if it will work ..xd

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭

@Bosox1976 said:

Very nice Mike! 60 Topps is my favorite set all time and the first vintage one I built. Awesome card!!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    1957 Bob Cousy ROOKIE in a high end PSA 8 !!

In my humble opinion, one of the most iconic basketball cards ever.

Since just about every one of your acquisitions makes me speechless, let me pivot and ask about the picture itself. Is that picture from your phone?! Whatever you're using there is as good as my scanner and it's got me befuddled. How can the pic at that angle not have any reflection showing from the slab? Please clue me in on how you're doing this.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two more Justin Fields cards - none of the Bears relic cards are player worn yet - so picked up a couple of college ones that I really liked.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 my son is a Buckeyes fan. That patch auto is sick!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very happy to add this 59 Mays to my collection. This is an upgrade. > @Kid4hof03 said:

A few pickups from the month

The first Pete Maravich card I ever had was a 1979 Topps, couldn't pass up this pack

Congrats on that Maravich pack. You can never go wrong adding a Jabbar. Well done.

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thehallmark - Hello there.

I'm just using my cell phone, desk and a stamper with tape for a "lean to" easel.

The stamper angles the card back and then I just work the overall angles until I can get a photo without reflection. It usually takes a couple attempts and some cards are easier than others.

Once I have the photo I like, I run it through LunaPic to sharpen it up which is a free online photo editor website. If there is dust, dirt etc. on the case that is showing up I manage to edit/blend that out.

I'm not very sophisticated with a fancy camera or anything like that etc.

Hope this helps.

• Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2021 3:14PM

Great mixture of stuff folks. Love viewing the wide assortment that we all collect and thankful that you all share the images.

Some odds and ends. Purchases from Goodwill and Marden's (discount chain up here in the North).

Xbox One games aren't anything special but didn't have them so into the collection they go. Our local Goodwill (about an hour away) hasn't had much these past couple years but I like to go in anyway as you never know. The Xbox 360 game is complete and disc is spotless. The PS3 game is missing the manual but $1 for a spotless disc is a good addition as well. Wedding Crashers was half off and another addition for my wrestling collection.

Headed over to Marden's and spotted a small stack of vinyl and found this.

$12 for an album that sells for $25 to $30. Small tear in the shrink. Will probably open at some point.

And a small handful of 12" singles from eBay. Our tree is up where I take pics so will use the ones from the listing.

Thankfully the labels that were used for cataloging where the ones you can peel off so no damage when removing those.

The Trammps - Soul Bones/Love Magnet 12" single (Still sealed, small cut corner upper right).

Foxy - Hot Number 12" Single (Side 1 playback VG+ side 2 strong VG with some noise here and there. Lots of visible scuffs.
    DJ stamp on label side 2).
    Frank Tovey - Luxury/Collapsing New People/Concrete 12" PROMO (VG+)
    The Main Ingredient - I Just Wanna Love You 12" single (VG+ Fairly clean with some light pops and clicks here and there).
    Ramsey Lewis - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In/Just Can't Give You Up 12" single Purple Label (VG+)
    The Weather Girls - Well-A-Wiggly 12" single (VG+ Gold stamped promo on rear).

Samantha Sang - From Song To Dance 12" PROMO (VG Bit of crackle. Proper cleaning might help).
    Samantha Sang - In The Midnight Hour 12" PROMO (VG Bit of crackle. Needs proper cleaning).
    Rufus Blaq - Make It Hot 12" PROMO (VG pops and clicks AMAZING Bass).
    Link - I Really Wanna Sex Your Body 12" single PROMO (VG bit of noise throughout otherwise AMAZING sound quality).
    B.G. The Prince Of The Rap - This Beat Is Hot (VG- 2 copies included in the cover both need to be cleaned).

This one Kim Larsen And Jungledreams – Time Bomb / Rock N Roll City 12" PROMO (STRONG VG. Was unplayable due to heavy BOOGER substance. Cleaned up nicely and plays with some noise in quieter sections).

Before:

After:

Edited to add:

Forgot about these. I scour Amazon's warehouse section and spotted Ultra Pro Platinum 16 pocket pages described as Condition: Used - Very Good Item will come repackaged. Price $3.57 delivered. They arrived in the right packaging.

Except one little problem:

Meanwhile before these showed up another box was listed as Condition: Used - Very Good Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged. Slight increase in price of $4.15 delivered. Curious to see if they send the right item but can't complain considering what these cost.

Second box arrived today and it is the right pages this time.

No issues with the pages in either box, just damaged packaging which is no big deal.

• Options
    voxels123voxels123 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

Those Ruth cards are absolutely legendary. Congrats. I've enjoyed all of the cards posted. Great variety and great pics!

This one came in today! Took the family to watch him play back in 2019 and it made for some great memories!

• Options

Cards look great in the case! Looks like you already need another one.

• Options

That is a sweet ‘59 - impossible to improve on the centering. That one could easily be an 8. Great pickup.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mrburns443 said:

For Sure, Mr. Phillips would say "Splendid" on that one.... :)

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mrburns443 said:

Oh man, this is my favorite basketball card I’ve seen in a long, long time.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

@backbidder said:
    1972 wax box series 3 (Aaron, Clemente)

BOOOM! I had one of those about 20 years ago. I wish I kept it in tact. Is that an early Christmas present Brian? You opening it or keeping it sealed?

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

finally knocked the /44 of my list of trying to complete the run. If anyone has a lead on the /8 I would appreciate it. Thats the last one I need.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    backbidderbackbidder Posts: 233 ✭✭✭

@gemint said:

@backbidder said:
    1972 wax box series 3 (Aaron, Clemente)

BOOOM! I had one of those about 20 years ago. I wish I kept it in tact. Is that an early Christmas present Brian? You opening it or keeping it sealed?

Definitely NOT ever opening.

• Options
    edited December 27, 2021 4:18PM

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    1st '56 mantle ..... and last ....

Really sharp Mantle. Congrats!

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on your first Mantle. They are like potato chips - hard to stop at just one 🤣

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those 77 baseball packs are sweet!