Options

Buster Posey is Retiring

13»

Comments

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dallasactuary

@Tabe said:
    For the record, Molina hit 17 or more homers three times. I'm apparently blind.

Also, three years is a pretty short prime.

@Tabe said:
    For the record, Molina hit 17 or more homers three times. I'm apparently blind.

Also, three years is a pretty short prime.

That’s ok, I couldn’t add 3 two digit numbers together; Molina hit 48 HR in that 3 year stretch, not 50. Now you know why I went with just three years 😉. And in my defense…

😁

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

129 OPS+ for Posey is pretty good. Only 5,600 lifetime plate appearances hurts. Threw out 33% of baserunners.

116 OPS+ for Munson and with 5,900 lifetime plate appearances. Threw out 44% of baserunners.

136 OPS+ for Tenace in 5,527 plate appearances. Threw out 36% of baserunners.

If someone is valuing the championship rings for Posey, then they all have multiple championships.

Had Posey played three more positive years then he separates himself from them. Otherwise, not much difference. Munson gets a little boost in my eyes because of an untimely death, and his home park adjustment doesn't adjust for the difficulty for RH hitters in that park, so his OPS+ in my eyes is a little higher than 116.