Home U.S. Coin Forum

How would you handle this situation as a buyer or seller ?

124»

Comments

• SonnyDSonnyD Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Cougar1978 said:
    Why this unnecessary trashing of Sonny D? He is right on. Who are u J to trash a poster like that. Totally agree with him - cash is king. Has this place become like that show Fear the Walking Dead? I guess your another one I need to push ignore button on lol. No interest / use in what u have to say J.

Thank you. Don’t forget to block my cat he don’t care much for you or Mr.Texas

Just a man and his cat huh? Now I understand.
    Here's to your next 20,000 posts, CHEERS!

Ounce by ounce the stack grows .

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SonnyD said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Cougar1978 said:
    Why this unnecessary trashing of Sonny D? He is right on. Who are u J to trash a poster like that. Totally agree with him - cash is king. Has this place become like that show Fear the Walking Dead? I guess your another one I need to push ignore button on lol. No interest / use in what u have to say J.

What do you understand ? Greed. Anarchy. Lack of respect. Lack of common sense?

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2021 8:16AM

Cash n carry is not in conflict w capitalism.

The op dealer sounds more like a salesman / telemarketer than a real dealer w the item in inventory. I would not even return that sellers call. Now that it’s only $200 MV (and likely drop some more) op could probably counter offer at $100 or simply say “no longer interested.”

Btw - don’t mess with Texas. Remember BS walks / cash money talks. Cheers

Coins & Currency

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@SonnyD said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Cougar1978 said:

What do you understand ? Greed. Anarchy. Lack of respect. Lack of common sense?

If you're a good boy scout you came prepared, with cash. If you're taking people for their word, you're going to get took.
    What about taking the first full cash offer is anarchy to you? Is there only "The one true way" of doing business? You sound like a cult leader trying to transcend me...

@Cougar1978 said:
    Cash n carry is not in conflict w capitalism.

The op dealer sounds more like a salesman / telemarketer than a real dealer w the item in inventory. I would not even return that sellers call. Now that it’s only $200 MV (and likely drop some more) op could probably counter offer at $100 or simply say “no longer interested.”

Btw - don’t mess with Texas. Remember BS walks / cash money talks. Cheers

Clearly not our people.
    God bless Texas.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MasonG said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Just an agreement to purchase at a future date.

Or not, depending on who you are unfortunate enough to be dealing with.

That is why I never presell or prebuy these things. As I said at the time of release, I thought it was a mistake. If you bought too cheaply, the sellers will back out. If you bought too high, the buyer will want to back out. So, as a net seller of these, I knew I'd be selling at the lowest possible price anyway, at least for the 50% that would back out.

@jmlanzaf said:

@SonnyD said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@SonnyD said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@SonnyD said:

@MasonG said:
    This thread needs to be retitled "How to completely blow your reputation for only $100".

Or "1800's mindset in 2021"

I have news for you Sonny Boy, it's also 2021 laws. You can be taken to court for breaking a contract, written or oral.

In Texas anything over $500 HAS to be in writing or your suit will be dismissed. I know my State law, Sir.
    And on another note; you're going to waste more time and money in court to recoup what you could have sold to the next Joe?

Sonny. I have many friends in Texas and they are honorable folks. You are apparently not. Do unto others? That’s not it. You are an example of a weasels behavior. You can not really only care about you? Really? What a lonely life as birds of a feather who only care about themselves.

Maybe you have more time in your day than everyone else but my 24hrs are dedicated to me! Not sorry for that.
    What you call "honor" I call contradictory to capitalism....which is the world I live in.

That is a really offensive characterization of capitalism. Capitalism is not adverse to honor and certainly relies on people honoring contracts. What you are talking about is anarchy not capitalism.

Well my anarchist capitalism pays the bills so....that's the end of my conversation.
    Make your money how you want and I'll make mine.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SonnyD said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@SonnyD said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@SonnyD said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@SonnyD said:

@MasonG said:
    This thread needs to be retitled "How to completely blow your reputation for only $100".

I have news for you Sonny Boy, it's also 2021 laws. You can be taken to court for breaking a contract, written or oral.

In Texas anything over $500 HAS to be in writing or your suit will be dismissed. I know my State law, Sir.
    And on another note; you're going to waste more time and money in court to recoup what you could have sold to the next Joe?

Sonny. I have many friends in Texas and they are honorable folks. You are apparently not. Do unto others? That’s not it. You are an example of a weasels behavior. You can not really only care about you? Really? What a lonely life as birds of a feather who only care about themselves.

Maybe you have more time in your day than everyone else but my 24hrs are dedicated to me! Not sorry for that.
    What you call "honor" I call contradictory to capitalism....which is the world I live in.

That is a really offensive characterization of capitalism. Capitalism is not adverse to honor and certainly relies on people honoring contracts. What you are talking about is anarchy not capitalism.

Well my anarchist capitalism pays the bills so....that's the end of my conversation.

@SonnyD said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@SonnyD said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@SonnyD said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@SonnyD said:

@MasonG said:

You could also pay the bills by robbing banks. That doesn't make it ethical.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

I definitely have had my eyes opened by responses in this post.
    Some scary :# , some humorous :D, some sad :( and some devilish >:)
    Wayne B)

Kennedys are my quest...

• Morpheus1967Morpheus1967 Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

@Cougar1978 said:
    Btw - don’t mess with Texas.

Well, we have all been warned lol. I mean, who even says this type of thing anymore? Oh, wait.

@SonnyD said:
    God bless Texas.

@MasonG said:

@WAYNEAS said:

It's good to be aware there are people who will screw you over if they think they can get away with it.

If you feel you've been screwed because you didn't come with the cash ready to rock and roll, that's all you.
    I skipped ethics class sorry nerds.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt anyone who has been following this thread will want to deal with these two. It's sad really.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

I'd rather be a low class hustler than a outright sucker.

@PerryHall said:

I doubt anyone who has been following this thread will want to deal with these two. It's sad really.

We don't deal in promises anyway. Come with cash or keep walking.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SonnyD said:

@MasonG said:

@WAYNEAS said:

It's good to be aware there are people who will screw you over if they think they can get away with it.

If you feel you've been screwed because you didn't come with the cash ready to rock and roll, that's all you.

That’s not all you skipped.
    Self centered pompous class you passed

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@SonnyD said:

@MasonG said:

@WAYNEAS said:

That’s not all you skipped.
    Self centered pompous class you passed

And I'm still making money.....go figure.

• goldengolden Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand why you are even asking this question.

edited November 1, 2021 1:06PM

I don’t do (gamble on) pre buys or presales. Consequently never would be in situation like op. And if something I am offered off bourse a deal for me pay them in cash. Have never backed out of a deal. At a show all sight seen transactions are final.

As far as the op it’s his call. That’s a terrible situation. Idk the details of the agreement or if it’s even signed or even if the seller could work something out or would have a snowball in heck collect on it if default on what $250 bal. I think one option work something out satisfactory both parties. That’s his call.

Coins & Currency
  • I still think the relevant point is that you wouldn't offer a hundred more if the value of the coin jumped, you would just consider it a good deal. Why would you expect the price to drop because the value drops (though I will admit it can't hurt to ask!!!).

edited November 1, 2021 1:15PM

@matklang said:
    I still think the relevant point is that you wouldn't offer a hundred more if the value of the coin jumped, you would just consider it a good deal. Why would you expect the price to drop because the value drops (though I will admit it can't hurt to ask!!!).

It doesn’t hurt to ask. However I don’t do pre sales / pre buys. I would only do one if prepared take it on chin and move on. And I have taken a lot on the chin over the years. Not all facts of that disclosed at beginning of thread……my point has been it’s the op call. He did not seem happy w outcome.

Coins & Currency
This discussion has been closed.