Home Sports Talk
Options

The official 2021 college football thread

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Texas Tech is trying to mount a comeback, nope sorry, it's too late, you should have played well to start the game!

• Options

Notre Dame leads Wisconsin 17-13, in the 4th.

• Options

Notre Dame just scored, it's now 24-13 Notre Dame leads over Wisconsin.

• Options
    edited September 25, 2021 12:52PM

Damn, Wisconsin just threw a pick six, Notre Dame now leads 41-13 with 2:13 to go in the game. I just have to say, the Badgers have played like garbage today at home and the cheese in Wisconsin isn't looking so good right now, this game is over folks.

Notre Dame - 41
    Wisconsin - 13

• Options

Oh my goodness, a tasty quote indeed.

"Show me a good and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure."

- Knute Rockne

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2021 2:48PM

Not a good start today for the Big Ten

Wisconsin gets rolled up at Soldier Field and Minnesota loses at home to Bowling Green. The Gophers were 30.5 pt favorites

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Not a good start today for the Big Ten

Wisconsin gets rolled up at home and Minnesota loses at home to Bowling Green. The Gophers were 30.5 pt favorites

m

Bowling Green. Ouch.

• Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2021 2:31PM

Georgia Bulldogs won 62-0 today. They were leading 35-0 after the 1st Quarter, then they put in their backup QB and other backups. GO DAWGS!

• Options

@WingedLiberty1957 said:
    Georgia Bulldogs won 62-0 today. They were leading 35-0 after the 1st Quarter, then they put in their backup QB and other backups. GO DAWGS!

They have a great team this season, that defense is rock solid, I can't wait to see how everything in the SEC plays out.

• Options
    edited September 25, 2021 3:21PM

Michigan's fighting Jim Harbaughs are playing Rutgers right now, both teams are 3-0 and the fighting Jim Harbaughs are leading 20-13 in the 4th quarter.

• Options
    edited September 25, 2021 3:57PM

How about Michigan's Fighting Jim Harbaughs, they beat Rutgers 20-13 to start the season with a 4-0 record.

Final

Fighting Jim Harbaughs - 20
    Rutgers - 13

• Options

Well, Alabama just blasted Southern Miss on the opening kickoff, roll the footage!

• Options
    edited September 25, 2021 5:11PM

Oh wow, check out this play by the Auburn backup quarterback on 4th down with the game on the line, unbelievable.

• Options

The college rankings are Soo broken. Go Georgia!

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Penn State is spanking Villanova 37-3, that game is in the 4th quarter, Penn State has a pretty good team this season.

The " kinky" Lions are doing better! Glad that Sandusky stuff is " behind" them.

• Options
    edited September 26, 2021 2:55AM

Oh my goodness, Clemson lost yesterday to NC State 27-21, ouch. That's two losses already for Clemson. Times are certainly hard for Dabo Swinney, he was looking pretty rough at the press conference after the game....

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Swinney was a mess yesterday, his Team was playing terrible and he couldn't seem to stop the bleeding. it's tough when players like Lawrence carry the Team and then leave without a replacement.

there were several Top 15 Teams that lost yesterday, I think two in the Top 10. expect movement and also some good insight into the voting bias that exists. not everyone loses ground the same when the losses are equitable, but I'd expect Clemson to tumble after a 2nd loss, this one to an unranked Team.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go Dawgs, WOOF!!!!!!

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

We'll see how the #1 defense in the country does today. Arkansas has a team this year so hopefully this is a good game.

• Options

Georgia's defense looks to be the real deal, they have yet to allow unbeaten Arkansas to score a single point, it's 27-0 in the 3rd quarter.

• Options
    edited October 2, 2021 2:19PM

Michigan's Fighting Jim Harbaughs are beating Wisconsin 20-10 in Wisconsin right now.

• Options
    edited October 2, 2021 11:59AM

Georgia just scored, they're beating Arkansas 34-0 in the 4th, this one is over. Here's the game summary....

• Options
    edited October 2, 2021 2:19PM

The Michigan Fighting Jim Harbaughs are 5-0 after beating Wisconsin today.

Final

Fighting Jim Harbaughs - 38
    Wisconsin - 17

• Options

looks like maybe 2-3 in the Top 10 are going down today, including Notre Dame and maybe Oregon.

• Options

@keets said:
    looks like maybe 2-3 in the Top 10 are going down today, including Notre Dame and maybe Oregon.

And they do.

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

3-8-9 all lost and 6 squeaked past an unranked Team by a TD. looks like the deck from 5-10 gets re-shuffled tomorrow. B)

• Options

Number 10 lost as well

m

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cincinnati beat the Irish in South Bend and it really wasn't close. Bearcats kicker missed two easy field goals in the 2nd half.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    edited October 3, 2021 5:15AM

Number 10 lost as well

yeah, Mark, I just saw that this morning. should be an interesting re-alignment with upward movement of some Teams that should improve their possible Bowl Games. I really don't see much to alter the eventual Championship Game which will be Georgia vs. Alabama unless something really unforeseen takes place. I see Georgia winning that one with a possible point total North of 80.

• Options

Clemson unranked this week.

1 Alabama 5-0 1,541 (53)
    2 Georgia 5-0 1,497 (9)
    3 Iowa 5-0 1,381
    4 Penn State 5-0 1,360
    5 Cincinnati 4-0 1,320
    6 Oklahoma 5-0 1,248
    7 Ohio State 4-1 1,094
    8 Oregon 4-1 1,069
    9 Michigan 5-0 1,053
    10 BYU 5-0 990
    11 Michigan State 5-0 852
    12 Oklahoma State 5-0 749
    13 Arkansas 4-1 745
    14 Notre Dame 4-1 701
    15 Coastal Carolina 5-0 694
    16 Kentucky 5-0 662
    17 Ole Miss 3-1 601
    18 Auburn 4-1 448
    19 Wake Forest 5-0 412
    20 Florida 3-2 343
    21 Texas 4-1 303
    22 Arizona State 4-1 297
    23 N.C. State 4-1 279
    24 SMU 5-0 136
    25 San Diego State 4-0 111

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    edited October 3, 2021 11:21PM

I know it really doesn't matter but this poll is so dumb. Oregon beats OSU at the horseshoe and OSU is ranked ahead of them? Makes no sense.

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    I know it really doesn't matter but this poll is so dumb. Oregon beats OSU at the horseshoe and OSU is ranked ahead of them? Makes no sense.

m

Oregon just lost to an Unranked team lol.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

Mark, the voting logic never makes sense. within the Top 10, it is very "Conference decided" exactly how far a Team falls when the loss is under identical circumstances. to carry on the Ohio State comparison, a few weeks back the Buckeyes beat unranked Tulsa 41-20 and "fell" a few spots in the next Poll. the following week another Top 10 Team did the same and moved up.

on its face, the Oregon comparison makes sense but that movement has more to do with the point we're at in the season. it's always better to lose sooner than later. combining that with what I said above, if an SEC Team had lost under similar circumstances they probably would have only slipped back 1-2 spots instead of five. it is how the voting bias happens until there's some type of expanded playoff. arbitrary voting like we have now is ridiculous.

all I know for sure is that Georgia and Alabama are currently the best Teams, everyone else is suspect. with the CFP voting, is former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice a logical choice to be on that committee??

• Options
    edited October 4, 2021 10:59PM

@coolstanley said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

Yet Oregon beat OSU at Ohio State. Head to head trumps all especially on the road. Using your logic it makes OSU's loss even worse. After all Oregon got beat by an unranked team and yet they beat Ohio State. Did I mention it was at The HorseShoe?

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@coolstanley said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

Yet Oregon beat OSU at Ohio State. Head to head trumps all especially on the road.

mark

Does it? A few yrs ago Ohio State lost to unranked team at home early in the season...And then won the National Championship.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    edited October 4, 2021 11:43PM

@coolstanley said:

@Justacommeman said:

@coolstanley said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

Yet Oregon beat OSU at Ohio State. Head to head trumps all especially on the road.

mark

Does it? A few yrs ago Ohio State lost to unranked team at home early in the season...And then won the National Championship.

So Oregon still has a chance. Good to know. Then again Oregon lost on the road in a Conference game.

All I'm saying is that Oregon should be ranked ahead of OSU right now. For goodness sakes they beat them. Can't get a better comp then that. I'm not talking rest of the way.

m

• Options

Mark, while that makes sense to you it is illogical. there are more factors involved than who beat who.

I recall a conversation from decades ago one one of the NFL pre-game shows. one commentator was taking your stance and the other was explaining the non-sense of it something like this:
    --- Team "A" beats Team "B" by 10 points, Team "B" beats Team "C" by 10 points, Team "C" beats Team "A" by 10 points.
    --- does that mean Team "A" is 30 points better than themselves??

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

Evidently whoever beat Oregon should be ranked above both Oregon and OSU.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    edited October 9, 2021 9:46AM

Oklahoma down 21-7 to Texas right now in the Red River showdown.

• Options

Texas just scored again, they are now beating Oklahoma 28-7.

• Options

look for more movement in the Top 10 this week:
    --- No. 6 Oklahoma is down 28-7 to No. 21 Texas to start the 2nd quarter.
    --- No. 2 Georgia plays No. 18 Auburn this afternoon. I wouldn't expect the Bulldogs to lose but these rivalries always present the upset.
    --- No. 3 Iowa plays No. 4 Penn State, one of them will drop.

• Options

Oklahoma is mounting a comeback, the score is now 28-17.

• Options

Texas is leading Oklahoma 41-33 in the 4th, this is getting interesting.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2021 12:39PM

Unbelievable last 5 minutes. OU leads 48-41!

Texas betters pulling their hair out and wives hiding all sharp objects.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

After being down 28-7, Oklahoma has now taken the lead, Oklahoma leads Texas 48-41 in the 4th, unbelievable.

• Options

Texas just tied it up , it's 48-48 with 1:23 to go in the game, this is epic!

• Options

just a heads up with the Poll Voters in mind: with the score now 48-48, should Oklahoma be penalized in the voting for a game like this against the 21st ranked Team?? I only ask because Ohio State beat an unranked Team 41-20 and fell in the Polls.

• Options

Oklahoma busts off a run for a touchdown with 10 seconds to go in the game, Oklahoma wins, Oklahoma wins, 55-48!

• Options

Iowa just knocked off Penn State 23-20, Penn State had 4 turnovers today.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Penn State dominated early. That’s the funny thing about college football. Momentum can change in the blink of an eye.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.