Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Has the US Mint closed??!!

I’ve been trying to talk to a rep for days. Seems the latest roll out of “Morgan” dollars has caused them some problems?? I’ve also tried the option of leaving my number so a rep could call me back when available. A week later - no call……🤔.

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be the fulfillment company at fault, but sorry to hear they are nonresponsive.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,842 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do the live chat. Don’t call them as you’ll be very disappointed as I can see you are.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

My experience is when I have very infrequently returned a product to the Mint they required I call them to initiate the refund. Have any of you had different experiences?

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

The next time you make a direct phone call to the mint ask to speak to Mary. She's very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly.

• Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

They might as well close with how bad their website has been :smiley:

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

I did the have them call you back thing just this last Wednesday after doubling ordering on the Smint morgans. They called back a few hours later from a phone number in Texas I believe it was - area code 972. Was able to get my extra order cancelled ok- well so far anyways.

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Covid regulations still have them short staffed and/or working remotely in CS. Even the Chat feature is occasionally not available.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    jmcu12jmcu12 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭

This is what we (Tax Payers) got when they (The US Mint) chose a vendor with the lowest bid!

Awarded latest "YOU SUCK!": June 11, 2014
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,843 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like the mint closing would be rather a big news story. ;)

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    From their site, says they are 'determined' to help you and that you can easily reach them?
    United States Mint

Customer Service
    The U.S. Mint is determined to provide you with a delightful shopping experience. If you need to contact us with questions or concerns about shopping, your order, or another U.S. Mint matter please use our Live Chat Feature or call Customer Service at 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468) to easily reach us. You may also find answers to your questions in our FAQs.

You should post this in the forum humor thread :D>:)

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

They're ghosting the people :open_mouth:

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they are all striking... (striking coins).

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey they got your money already. No reason for them to pick up the phone.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

@gumby1234 said:
    Hey they got your money already. No reason for them to pick up the phone.

And If they want more money, they just print more.

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    seduloussedulous Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are calling for or about 2021 Morgan dollars, good luck. I think they are sold out.

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

• Options
    IlikecolorIlikecolor Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

@sedulous said:
    If you are calling for or about 2021 Morgan dollars, good luck. I think they are sold out.

I got an email confirmation on the D minted Morgan but not the S mint. My bank account has been charged so I was trying to inquire/confirm the S mint purchase. I can usually contact them pretty easily - not this week…..

• Options

@coinbuf said:
    Seems like the mint closing would be rather a big news story. ;)

At this point - so would them answering their phone! 🤪

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

Telephone & Shipping are in train wreck mode

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@Ilikecolor said:

@sedulous said:

I got an email confirmation on the D minted Morgan but not the S mint. My bank account has been charged so I was trying to inquire/confirm the S mint purchase. I can usually contact them pretty easily - not this week…..

I hope you are not S---- out of luck...

Yeah, that's the correct number of dashes... Smint out of luck.

• Options

@crazyhounddog said:
    Do the live chat. Don’t call them as you’ll be very disappointed as I can see you are.

Unfortunately their website says the Live Chat option is not available. Seems they are in a real jam with the latest releases….

• Options

@Ilikecolor said:

@crazyhounddog said:

Unfortunately their website says the Live Chat option is not available. Seems they are in a real jam with the latest releases….

Dead chat is available... But doesn't really help...

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ilikecolor said:

@crazyhounddog said:

The chat availability goes on and out. They must make it unavailable when the queue is to long.

I called them last week. 97 minutes on hold. Taken care of once they answered.

• Options

Anyone had any luck with live chat or is it permanently unavailable? Ive been trying to sort out a refund for around a year now and I got a letter warning me that If i dont pay back the charge i dipsuted with my bank, they will report me to a debt collection agency.

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's almost like their business model doesn't require good customer service.
    People flock to buy their product regardless......

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Mint :D
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not true, but fans of Dr. Brule will remember :)

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options

Is the live chat much better than the phone representatives?

• Options

The Live Chat just went back online. I used it last week. Worked well.

• Options

@jonhimgu said:
    Is the live chat much better than the phone representatives?

Kind of depends on which representative you get and when you call. The representatives are often getting screamed at after the new product releases, and when troubles ordering are plentiful. I called in after the 2-coin SAE reverse set to suggest some things, and the phone rep was in an awful mood. She was surprised I didn't want to yell at her.

You can't kill the messenger. The US Mint employees are stuck operating in the same system as the customers.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck to ya…
    I have made an executive decision and I will not be purchasing anything from the Mint that requires a return.
    I will keep all purchases, or sell them via BST, rather than try to deal with their return system.
    Too complicated, too slow, too unpredictable and requires too much time.
    I feel much better, now.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file