Home U.S. Coin Forum

I'm planning on doing a Massive ANA Show Report....

ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

So be sure to stop by my table (No. 312) so I can post photos of our members. I'm sure some may have forgotten what you all look like!

Charmy Harker
The Penny Lady®

Comments

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best table number on the bourse! That's the last day of production of the chain cent, 1793 :)

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to it!
    I am grateful that show isn't canceled.

peacockcoins

• ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2021 1:20PM

Coin displays and oenological crack-outs. B) For @ricko, copper and Cabernet. ;)

Does Women In Numismatics still have a charity raffle?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now I'm really looking forward to the Show!
    Awesome <3

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭✭

I will definitely be there. Will stop by and say hi.

• VernoVerno Posts: 327 ✭✭✭

Look forward to stopping by !

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ColonelJessup.... Please be sure to detail the brand/vintage of your oenological ventures. Cheers, RickO

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

And the cheese pairings please! Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• goldengolden Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always enjoy your show reports. Make it a great one.

• TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't wait. Absolutely love your show reports and have missed them.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

Forum software has a character limit!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2021 7:21PM

@ricko said:
    @ColonelJessup.... Please be sure to detail the brand/vintage of your oenological ventures. Cheers, RickO

I was raised in the valley of the moon Kenwood , Glen Ellen ,Sonoma Ca. The wines. Of all the cabinets there are 2that will always stand out. 1963 and 1968 Charles Krug Red Stripe 🤓
    Psychedelic.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be or not to be, in Charmy show report, that is the question.

"It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

@ColonelJessup .... Probably will not find this one at the show.... Cheers, RickO

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just post my picture from 3 years ago.

:)

Frank

BHNC #203

@ColonelJessup.... I cannot get Heitz Cellars out here, but I have been told the 2016 vintage was excellent. I would recommend an aged Gouda cheese with it. The richness of the Cabernet goes delightfully well with the nutty flavor of the cheese. Enjoy - Cheers, RickO

@HashTag said:
    Since I’m green with envy I must say what does this have to do with coins and why can’t I have some? I’ll pair it with my chicken nuggets and maybe go all out and get a large fries.

There are detractors of show reports with the extras,

But

PennyLady’s show reports are from airport to airport including meals and deals.

This one looks to be a mega-report with lots of photos.

You’ll get some real life photos of forumites with this one.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had that Heitz wine and it is wonderful! I plan to enjoy some long lost wining and dining during this show and will have a couple bottles of nice reds at my table, so any of you wine enthusiasts feel free to stop by, and if you want to be in my show report and would like a taste, just let me know! To keep it coin related, I have also beefed up my inventory and will have lots of Pretty Pennies for you copper folks to peruse!

Charmy Harker
    The Penny Lady®

@HashTag said:
    Since I’m green with envy I must say what does this have to do with coins and why can’t I have some? I’ll pair it with my chicken nuggets and maybe go all out and get a large fries.

Ima look up Heitz 2016 in Wine Spectator.

@Charmy hands me a glass as I'm gazing through the coins stacked on her backup table. Some call this tripling your chances to fall in love. <3

@# - Evidently in wines, as in coins, there is a commonly-shared delusion in the merit of systems which might quantify esthetic virtue. The linkage ends there. They use a 100 pt grading scale.

A recommended cracker or biscuit for the Gouda?
    Will the TSA let me bring cheese aboard in a carry-on, or do I have to check my bag?.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell

@ColonelJessup said:

@HashTag said:

Ima look up Heitz 2016 in Wine Spectator.

@Charmy hands me a glass as I'm gazing through the coins stacked on her backup table. Some call this tripling your chances to fall in love. <3

@# - Evidently in wines, as in coins, there is a commonly-shared delusion in the merit of systems which might quantify esthetic virtue. The linkage ends there. They use a 100 pt grading scale.

A recommended cracker or biscuit for the Gouda?
    Will the TSA let me bring cheese aboard in a carry-on, or do I have to check my bag?.

I've sure missed you and your wit! I believe you can carry on food in your bag (I know I have not had any problems with certain foods and I doubt they'll have a problem with cheese). Looking forward to sharing some wine and gab with you!

Charmy Harker
    The Penny Lady®
    edited August 5, 2021 1:54PM

The Gouda will keep in my hotel room fridge overnight. The Heitz 2016 will be delivered to my hotel Weds AM. And.... I'm buying more wine for @BigMoose and @MrEureka at dinner that night...., with luck Barolo for an osso buco or more likely an Amerone that doesn't overwhelm my linguini marechiara. What time does Gibson's open for lunch Thurs?

I will wear a shirt for Picture Day that doesn't clash with spilled Cabernet. :p

420 flash mob at 5:45 - Hall C, loading dock #2. No cash bar. Vaccination card required or bring your own.

@ColonelJessup said:
    Working under the pressure of a national show is no picnic. :#

• 2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭

great. miss them dearly. enjoy the show.

WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look forward to your report! They always make me smile...

K

ANA LM
    edited August 5, 2021 6:09PM

@HashTag said:

420 flash mob at 5:45 - Hall C, loading dock #2. No cash bar. Vaccination card required or bring your own.

Please send a private message and explain yourself or tell me if you’re just a big 😈

Binary thinking is destroying the intellectual fabric of American life. Explaining the former shouldn't disqualify me for the latter. Also, I made a part of that up.

The 420 flash mob at Long Beach is at 6:45 in the lower level of the Convention Center parking garage. There is a cash bar. @MrEureka and I are its bankers

• cnncoinscnncoins Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

Coloneljessup as your body deteriorates your mind has gotten sharper. Congratulations and will see you next week.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to it.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

@ThePennyLady said:
    I'm working on my show report - should be ready soon!

the forum software has been deleting people's posts.

I advise that you copy and paste your post to notepad before the post attempt just in case it disappears.

Thanks, I always save my report on my computer just in case!

Charmy Harker
    The Penny Lady®
  • MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as you came back feeling ok Ma’am…looking forward to your report

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awaiting the show experience report

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

this is the City.........................Chicago, Illinois. It was a Wednesday and quite balmy, I working the day shift on So-Called Dollar patrol. My name is keets and I ain't got no partner. The thread below is true, no names have been changed to protect anybody.

absent the 2021 Summer ANA report there's this one from 2014.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/10892308#Comment_10892308

edited August 19, 2021 4:14PM

@HashTag said:
    Yolo

Please stop. I really don’t understand or want too. Hey check out the humor thread put it there. I happen to enjoy the colonels posts. What ever your reason I feel it’s in the wrong thread. Don’t no don’t tell me about yolo
    And I really am interested in the OP as it’s someone new to me ( plus homey I really don’t like rude people)

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @ColonelJessup .... Probably will not find this one at the show.... Cheers, RickO

That is one of my favorite wineries in Napa

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Circa 1975, my senior year at school. I was working at the BOTTLE SHOP in Belvedere, CA part time a couple evenings a week. Jos Heitz used to make the rounds every week or two and leave us a couple of cases to try out. IIRC, he started with Zin. Seems he has quite a following now. He's done well. IIRC he was about 40 at the time and a nice guy.

And oh those '62 Louis Martini cab sav and Mondavi Private reserves. We had a limit. Two bottles. If you pushed it you lost your 'privileges'.

Have a nice day

@streeter said:
    Circa 1975, my senior year at school. I was working at the BOTTLE SHOP in Belvedere, CA part time a couple evenings a week. Jos Heitz used to make the rounds every week or two and leave us a couple of cases to try out. IIRC, he started with Zin. Seems he has quite a following now. He's done well. IIRC he was about 40 at the time and a nice guy.

And oh those '62 Louis Martini cab sav and Mondavi Private reserves. We had a limit. Two bottles. If you pushed it you lost your 'privileges'.

63&68 Charles Krug cab. Red stipe.

@Boosibri ... It is hard to get in this area.... Used to get it all the time when I lived in Seattle. Cheers, RickO

• remumcremumc Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭

Heitz is one of my favorite wineries also. I have visited there on multiple occasions, & have a few bottles I brought back in my cellar.

Looking forward to the report!

Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Youz guyz just spend way too much on vino. Walmart house cab sav. $2.94 a bottle non vintage. Lay it down, I don't know why because it has a plastic cork and give it about 3+ yrs. Add an ice cube- good to go.

Have a nice day
  • mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

For me Mateus is as good as it gets. Comes in white and red. The liquor store where I buy my Korbel brandy doesn't stock it but can order it for me.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file