• Options
    AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice colorful clad dimes you got there!

• Options

@Tom147
    What do you think of this one, minus the die cracking. It’d be a nice coin at 67+FT but, I’m not that lucky.

• Options

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AlanSki
    What is going on at the base of the neck on the 55. It looks FB to me as for grading I’m having a hard time reading your pictures. I also see to much chatter on the torch to be above a 66 however like
    I said I’m having trouble interrupting those pictures

Martin

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 55 looks solid 67fb, the 48 66fb. Of course I'm average to slightly above average in grading. Which means I'm only off by a point either way. LMAO !!!

• Options

@Tom147
    I really can’t tell from those pictures but I don’t think that 55 has it. I could be wrong by what I see in the photos.
    Take a look at the torch all the scuff marks up and down the torch. Look at you 67 and 66 (if you have any 66s) you won’t see that much chatter. Also not sure what on the lower neck line it might be toning if it’s not toning that coin might not make 65. But one again I don’t like the pictures. But pictures usually hide thing. I would not touch those coins at that type of said grade from those photos

Martin

• Options

I have 65 thru 67's in all years. Unfortunately I don't have access to them at the moment. I did go back through the pictures. I see what you mean on about the torch scuff marks on the 48. 66 at best but I do believe it would make full bands. The 55 looks better to me. Question I have, how would the die crack affect the grading ?

• Options

@Tom147
    Good question on the die crack. I really don’t know either. I would think that in lower grade 66 and lower it wouldn’t necessarily be a factor. However In grades above that, especially in higher dollar coins it may limit the grade.
    I would think @onlyroosies would have good insight on the question.

I hope he might give his thoughts on it

Thanks
    Martin

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

I do not believe the die crack would or should limit the grade.

• Options

@onlyroosies thanks for the feedback.

Also while I was actually on a computer and not my phone I like the above dimes better the pictures are somehow better than what my phone was showing. I hope the dimes owner did not take offense to my thoughts.

Martin

• Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just received my 1982-P MS67FB crossover

• Options

That is one clean Roosie.

• Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

forgot to add that it was an NGC MS67FT - straight graded over

• Options

I know it's hard to tell from pictures but ms67 kinda surprised me. 67+ wouldn't have surprised me.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2023 9:17AM

Does any grading service care about strike anymore? 😉

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2023 6:32AM

@wondercoin said:
    Does any grading service card about strike anymore? 😉

Wondercoin

You saying they give a Red 'card' like in soccer? ;)

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options

Fixed the typo.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

The #6 Silver Roosie set (Jay's FB Roosevelt Dimes) will soon jump to #3. Just needs a 1956D to complete his set.
    Congrats Jay, Now show yourself

Onlyroosies

• Options

Betting Jay isn't a Forum kind of guy. Does anyone know who Jay is? Is Jay even his real name? Hmmmmm!!
    I'll keep watching as his set continues to move up. It will take some big upgrades and a lot of time to pass Hansen and hit #2.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Betting Jay isn't a Forum kind of guy. Does anyone know who Jay is? Is Jay even his real name? Hmmmmm!!
    I'll keep watching as his set continues to move up. It will take some big upgrades and a lot of time to pass Hansen and hit #2.

Perhaps he's one of "us" in disguise... :o

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options

Perhaps he's one of "us" in disguise... :o

I don't think so. I've dug up enough info on Jay and his set to rule that out. I also believe he's holding back some Roosie's that would upgrade his set. I just don't know why. Maybe he wants to make a run at John's set, Maybe he's just playing with us.

• Options

I just know I'll be dropping to # 4 as the 56 D in hi grade isn't that hard of a coin to obtain. Looking at the rest of his beautiful set, it's something I can't compete with. I don't think he has a shot at John though, The Halcyon set has to many top pop 1/0's.

• Options

@Tom147 said:
    I just know I'll be dropping to # 4 as the 56 D in hi grade isn't that hard of a coin to obtain. Looking at the rest of his beautiful set, it's something I can't compete with. I don't think he has a shot at John though, The Halcyon set has to many top pop 1/0's.

He added the 56D in 66FB. Probably just a hole filler for now. Jay is now solidly in the #3 spot. I think he has a shot at passing Hansens set, No way he can pass John, and John has no intention of selling or breaking up his set anytime soon.

Jim, Do you still have your 63P 67FB. Jay needs that coin. Might be a deal to be made.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:

@Tom147 said:

He added the 56D in 66FB. Probably just a hole filler for now. Jay is now solidly in the #3 spot. I think he has a shot at passing Hansens set, No way he can pass John, and John has no intention of selling or breaking up his set anytime soon.

Jim, Do you still have your 63P 67FB. Jay needs that coin. Might be a deal to be made.

Nick,

I gave up on the coin after 13 submissions and sold the coin.

• Options

Nick...PM sent

• Options
    edited March 27, 2024 8:21AM

Our newest collector "Jay's FB Roosevelt Dimes" just added a spectacular addition to his set. Proving he is a very serious Roosie Collector. Congrats "Jay" as you continue your climb to the #2 spot and acquiring your first pop 1/0 Silver Roosie

Onlyroosies

• Options

Hey Nick- where did that 1947-D dime that just got graded 68+FB originally come from?

My suggestion to John (for what it’s worth) assuming that he just decided to pass on the 68+FB dime… sell all your great coins to Jay now (and others that want them). Then, we can market your Mintage 2 1975 NO S dime I sold to you along with my Unique 1976 NO S Ike. You should do great overall and “pass the baton” as I did once and Nick did twice! 😊

Wondercoin.

• Options

@wondercoin said:
    Hey Nick- where did that 1947-D dime that just got graded 68+FB originally come from?

My suggestion to John (for what it’s worth) assuming that he just decided to pass on the 68+FB dime… sell all your great coins to Jay now (and others that want them). Then, we can market your Mintage 2 1975 NO S dime I sold to you along with my Unique 1976 NO S Ike. You should do great overall and “pass the baton” as I did once and Nick did twice! 😊

Wondercoin.

Mitch,

The coin came from Coppercolor (Jeff Kelbe) at last year's FUN Show. I believe it was handled over a few drinks.

• Options

Thanks. I now remember reading about that.

I was curious if it “pedigreed” way back when to Nick’s first set, my set, Steve’s set, Craig’s set, your set or anyone else I may have missed. lol.

Wondercoin.

• Options
    edited March 27, 2024 7:14PM

@wondercoin said:
    Thanks. I now remember reading about that.

I was curious if it “pedigreed” way back when to Nick’s first set, my set, Steve’s set, Craig’s set, your set or anyone else I may have missed. lol.

Wondercoin.

My set was never in that category. Although, many of them now reside in top sets.

Do you recall the 1952 in Johns Set?

• Options

A pic would help on that 1952 please! 😉

• Options

@wondercoin said:
    A pic would help on that 1952 please! 😉

• Options

Wow!

• Options
    CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been working on and off on a Roosevelt clad set since 2014. I am hoping to complete this year prior to the ten year anniversary. The set is not designed to be at registry set, but in organizing it the past few weeks, I did create a registry set. I am three coins short. I have not had any luck in finding a specimen that I like. I am fairly picky, so I had rather keep the set incomplete than add a coin that does not fit the goals of the set. The recent breakup of Danny’s set, really is what got me interested in this little set the past couple weeks. I was able to pickup about a half dozen of his #2 set coins that works well in mine set. The last three coins that I need, he has better (lower pops) than what I am looking for.

Paul gave permission to post this on his thread. His thoughts on my needs are: The 1969 is a tuffy, but the 92 and 98 are doable. Post on the Roosie thread I'm OP on and you might get a hit. To be honest, I'm not sure who is still looking for Roosies anymore.. So here goes… Do anyone know where can find at least a couple these Roosevelts?

1969 MS65FB. POP 3/8
    1992-P MS67FB POP 18/3
    1998-D MS67FB POP 5/3

My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004
  • Options

Currin, what's the name of your Registry set ? I'm kinda hesitant to bring this up but...... I do have all three which obviously are not for sale as they're in my # 5 set. I didn't realize the pop on these three. That being said, I will check my inventory. If I have duplicates ( kinda doubtful given the population ) I'll be sure to reach out to you. I'll let you know one way or the other. Probably be mid next week as I'm dealing with a family crisis at this time.

• Options
    CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Tom,
    Sorry to hear about the family crisis. That’s the most important thing you have going on. If you do find anything that will help. Pease let me know.

My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004
  • Options

Since Jay hasn't replied to any post on the boards I don't feel it's my place to comment on the 47D 68+FB. If you go back and reread a few of my previous post it's pretty easy to figure out where the coin came from.

Nick

• Options
    edited April 1, 2024 11:58AM

Nick- my question was simply does the coin have its roots in any of the coins or coin collections that we created the magnificent Superior brochure about? Has nothing to do with whether Jay comes here or not. It’s a simple question about the coins and collections that were pictured or mentioned in the Superior brochure. Was the coin part of those collections or coins mentioned in the coffee table book that I took great pains to produce for Roosie enthusiasts? If anyone else knows, feel free to answer as well.

Wondercoin.

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:
    Was the coin part of those collections or coins mentioned in the coffee table book that I took great pains to produce for Roosie enthusiasts? If anyone else knows, feel free to answer as well.

Wondercoin.

Wondercoin,

What coffee table book are you referring too? I would love to have one. How much?

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

Paul. The special stand alone Superior catalogue selling the JHF set where with the help of Nick, I pedigreed each coin that was for sale in the collection to a specific Roosie collection / collector. You have that book - yes?

Wondercoin.

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mitch,

Is that the #1 JHF set that was sold I believe through Heritage. If so, then yes, somewhere I have that catalog. Not sure where it is or if I still have it as I haven't seen it in years.

I will look for it.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@wondercoin said:
    Nick- my question was simply does the coin have its roots in any of the coins or coin collections that we created the magnificent Superior brochure about? Has nothing to do with whether Jay comes here or not. It’s a simple question about the coins and collections that were pictured or mentioned in the Superior brochure. Was the coin part of those collections or coins mentioned in the coffee table book that I took great pains to produce for Roosie enthusiasts? If anyone else knows, feel free to answer as well.

Wondercoin.

The 47D 68+FB was found raw in an album by Jeff Kelbe within the last 2 years. Submitted to NGC where it graded 69FB. I bought the coin from Jeff and resold it about 10 months later. the coin was then crossed down at PCGS to 68+FB and sold to a private collector where it resides now.

Nick

• Options

Paul. No. It was sold through Superior auctions, because they agreed to publish the stand alone coffee table paperback book at no charge to get that consignment.

Thanks Nick.

Wondercoin

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

I havent contributed to these dime threads in a while but I’m happy to show this latest purchase, courtesy of Gary!

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

How easy or difficult is it to find clad Roosevelt dimes with eye appealing, multi colored toning like that present on the 1966 dime shown immediately above?

I have a few toned early clad Roosevelt dimes (mostly SMS dimes and proof dimes) that are very attractive.

I also have a set of toned MS silver Roosevelts that I bought years ago. Overall the set of silver dimes are eye appealing, but except for a few coins, they would grade at best an MS63 or MS64.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rosie, a grape knee-high, please.
    Question. On the reverse of this 1969 quarter, in the south-east looks to me like a finger shaped, view of a sunrise tone, peaking through the darkness.
    This to me screams AT

The obverse although, reflects how pastel's are so smooth without the print as on the reverse. NT. It just popped up so ...?
    Any helpful conclusion's to this mystery ?

• Options

@emeraldATV said:
    Rosie, a grape knee-high, please.
    Question. On the reverse of this 1969 quarter, in the south-east looks to me like a finger shaped, view of a sunrise tone, peaking through the darkness.
    This to me screams AT

The obverse although, reflects how pastel's are so smooth without the print as on the reverse. NT. It just popped up so ...?
    Any helpful conclusion's to this mystery ?

Dude, we are Roosie guy's, don't know anything about them quarters. ;)