Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Booked my Flight for the ANA!

BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crazy to be back to coin shows. Anyone else planning to go?

Comments

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good for you. I’ll be at Long Beach in the fall.

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me, too - booked my flight, my hotel room, made arrangements for the Club Table that I'll be helping out at, and am just finishing up my Exhibit Application. Nice to finally get back to at least semi-normal.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    panexpoguypanexpoguy Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

All reservations made.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to see so many planning to attend. Show reports please... and bullion sales should be interesting if the current dip continues. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Long Beach tickets are booked!

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am struggling with the idea of paying what? $230/night for a hotel room. :no_mouth:

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well to all those who do attend we will be at table 911 Guess we are the emergency coin dealer this year

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I can, I will be there, but booking about 2 weeks in advance if I do.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

I am struggling with the idea of paying what? $230/night for a hotel room.

Don't stay at the "official" convention hotel - I'm right across the street at the Crowne Plaza Hotel for $140/night.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Booked my hotel yesterday. This will be my 51st ANA convention. Can't wait.

• Options

@2ndCharter said:
    I am struggling with the idea of paying what? $230/night for a hotel room.

Don't stay at the "official" convention hotel - I'm right across the street at the Crowne Plaza Hotel for $140/night.

Oh, thanks for the tip. Time to go check and see if I can get off work.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

My hotel is about $88 including taxes. Drive a little and save a lot.

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@panexpoguy said:

My hotel is $210 a night and very close because Chicago PD frowns on drunk driving. I tell them it is Numismatic Miracle Juice but they say it is Scotch.

hahaha

Indeed, some of my best coins were bought while juicing.

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread is worthless without details. Airline? Airplane? Seat?

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options

I have a ton of miles and credits from cancelled flights over the past year so I booked a First Class Ticket on American - Seat 1A on all flights!! Then, free shuttle service to my hotel right across the street from the Convention Center.

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be there. Just a four hour drive. Well worth it!

• Options

I can only do the Tuesday do fly in and out that day from vacation with my family in northern Michigan.

• Options

Looks like I am going, Tuesday to Thursday.

• Options

@2ndCharter said:

I have a ton of miles and credits from cancelled flights over the past year so I booked a First Class Ticket on American - Seat 1A on all flights!! Then, free shuttle service to my hotel right across the street from the Convention Center.

Bulkhead and almost no view of the wing? Yuck. Gotta at least sit in 2A. Or maybe the exit row with the wing 🥰

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    jdmernjdmern Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

We'll be there at table 1323!

Justin Meunier

Boardwalk Numismatics

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still thinking about it.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options

Bulkhead and almost no view of the wing?

I don't mind the bulkhead and it guarantees nobody in front of me sticks the back of their seat in my face. Besides, I really like being the first one off the plane.

• Options
    NoGoldNoGold Posts: 41 ✭✭

I noticed some of the hotels near the convention center that had rooms last month are now sold out for the ANA dates.

• Options
    Ike1964Ike1964 Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

I will be attending. Not sure which day yet.

• Options

@2ndCharter said:
    Bulkhead and almost no view of the wing?

I don't mind the bulkhead and it guarantees nobody in front of me sticks the back of their seat in my face. Besides, I really like being the first one off the plane.

Yeah, but no seat in front of you to put your feet under.

I was in Anchorage last summer and got upgraded to 2A on the flight home. One guy really wanted to be first off, so right before we got on the runway to takeoff, he decided we arrived and grabbed his stuff and ran to the front of the plane. He was the first one off, but after we taxied back to the gate to kick him off. At least I got a great view of the action from my seat 😂

• Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:
    Crazy to be back to coin shows. Anyone else planning to go?

Likely still in AK. Can't go to my place in Canada. Jan FUN '22?

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got my room reservations tonite. Will be there most of the week.

• Options
    RockyMtnProspectorRockyMtnProspector Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be there!

GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.

Gonna get me a $50 Octagonal someday. Some. Day.
  • Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will attend but not sure which day. Need to check in with some dealers to see what works best.

• Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

The real mystery here is why Boosibri isn't driving.

• Options

@Coinosaurus said:
    The real mystery here is why Boosibri isn't driving.

On vacation in northern Michigan with the family which is a 6-7 hr drive vs the normal 2. I get one day to myself apparently which will be a quick trip to the ANA. Flying from Traverse City to Chicago and back in a day.

The Latin American pieces in the Cape Coral sale are a must see for me.

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:

Better to see them in a more relaxed and less crowded environment in NYC lot viewing.

• Options

@pruebas said:

@Boosibri said:

Better to see them in a more relaxed and less crowded environment in NYC lot viewing.

Have you viewed them yet?

• Options
    FishproFishpro Posts: 381 ✭✭✭

The week before ANA is a big show in Las Vegas,

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shows, shows and more shows. Yeah!

Looking forward to going to some.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    FishproFishpro Posts: 381 ✭✭✭

Can go to Las Vegas and get warmed up for the ANA

• Options

If I counted correctly, there approximately 420 tables. I could have mis-counted.
    I thought previous W.F. ANA shows were larger. Is the number of tables set in
    stone or will they be able to add more to meet the demand. There are approximately
    70 still unspoken for tables. I figured this being one of the largest shows since the
    pandemic shut down tables would be in demand

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tibor said:
    If I counted correctly, there approximately 420 tables. I could have mis-counted.
    stone or will they be able to add more to meet the demand. There are approximately
    70 still unspoken for tables. I figured this being one of the largest shows since the

I did read that they are limiting it to around 500 tables to adhere to public health guidelines and social distancing but more may be added if guidelines are changed by the time of the show.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:

@pruebas said:

@Boosibri said:

Have you viewed them yet?

Not yet.

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be there for for the duration, starting with "Dealer Day" on Monday. I'm sure the show will be fantastic. Not so sure what to expect for Dealer Day though. Does anyone here know how many tables they sold for Dealer Day?

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options

@Tibor said:

The ANA just started assigning tables last week. The process is slow,it will continue this week.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go look at the prices of those tables! Unless you are selling 100K+ they make ebay look like the sweetest deal on the planet! Don't forget all the other costs involved which moves the bar way higher.

@Tibor said:

• Options

Anybody else planning on going? This should be a good show.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes! Another show in my hometown State.
    Only about 40 miles away. I'll be there looking for any "door raffles!" :*
    Some of you may know why? :D

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep looking at the assigned floor map and I don't see the US Mint there. Am I missing something? I would think they would take the big spot next to the Tyrant Collection.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

In previous years, the ANA would have an area set a side for foreign mints along
    with the U.S. mint. They would have "Passport Cards" for YN's and parents that
    they could fill with a coin from each mint. I don't see that either.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file