Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who hear missed out on the 2021 cc Morgan? I know I did.

markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not buy the new cc commemorative for several reasons. First I was on vacation and second I used most of my money for coins on the originals, a cc Morgan and a 1921 peace.
I am wondering who else missed out and if so please share 😊.

Comments

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2021 6:54PM

I missed out :(

And now they've delayed the other ones!

I was hoping to get some of the other Mints to trade.

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm with Stef - too much aggravation to deal with the mint.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m right in there with Stef and Lakesammman.
    Slept in... ;-)
    I did have some intent behind that, but didn’t follow through.

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was not interested in these, and I was happy to not have the stress and frustration of the mint ordering system.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got in on 10-cc but went in for 10 “O” and where available then I thought about it and said I only need 5 went back and change it to 5 and got locked out. 🤬 oh well life goes on.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinsarefun said:
    I didn’t try. I knew it would be a disaster so why raise my blood pressure any more
    thank I do to myself :) I’ll get some down the road.

Unfortunately, if it’s a popular item, you can almost be certain that the mint web site’s ordering system will turn it into a disaster.

I didn’t try because I wasn’t interested. I would like to get the Peace Dollar, but I am not optimistic.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Forgot all about it, consumed with work, around 1430 I was like !@#$ I missed it, by then it was to late.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well..I did get one.... it was a hassle, but I got lucky. Thought for sure I would get closed out after three site glitches. But then it went through, and must have been one of the last since it was at 12:16... and people say it was not available right around that time. So, for once I scored. I will try for the Peace dollar... This is the first time I was successful getting one of these high demand items at issue time. The last one, the V75 ASE, I got through the benevolence of a forum member, since the site crashed on me until no longer available. Good luck to all on the secondary market. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

No attempt. Initially excited about the announcement, and looking forward to the offering until I read both offered same day, same time, and with no meaningful limit on purchases that may prevent these from being blown out in minutes, let alone dealing with the predictable hassle, and headaches per US mints website. To pay more, perhaps substantially over listing sours my appetite for any. Would seem hard to find any luster on these...

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried but couldn't get my order in on time - oh well, better luck next time

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does missed out on purpose count?

• Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

I got the ERP ASE of 2019, I didn't know about the V75 AGE (kicking self), and I missed out on the CC Morgans only because the O Morgans got in the way. I swear I hit "add to bag" many times from the page showing both coins, but I saw only 2 O-privy coins in my bag at checkout, and I figured I better fix the quantity to 10 and check out before losing out totally. I was all the way to the end of my second order with the CCs when I got "invalid product" instead of an order confirmation number. Oh well. Perhaps there will be brisk trading when they ship.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't even try. I was out of town and no way I was going to pay $80+ for less than an ounce of modern minted silver anyway. I like the Peace but will just wait a few years for all the hoopla to die down then I'll probably add a slabbed one for half or less than the original issue price. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    AtcarrollAtcarroll Posts: 343 ✭✭✭

I didn't try, not a fan of privy marks. I'd like to get at least one of the peace dollars if and when they are offered, but if i can't, meh.

• Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was busy and forgot all about it...maybe next time.

Jim

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hear some people missed out.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried,,,,,, I failed :(

GrandAm :)
  • Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    I hear some people missed out.

I hear some didn't care or even try.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

No interest here...

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    mpbuck82mpbuck82 Posts: 40 ✭✭

Missed out as well. I couldn’t log in when the madness started and a half hour later when I did get in they were all gone. I’ve been watching them all week hoping to find them back on sale with no luck.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not my series but I watched.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody gets one until they ship.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

First I’m hearing of it. 😀

LCoopie = Les
  • Options

@cheezhed said:
    Nobody gets one until they ship.

And if they didn't; wouldn't that be a sight to see?

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a normal job so have missed out on most anything special and exciting from the Mint since the early aughts. It has dampened my enthusiasm for Mint products considerably...I used to make sure and get a couple copies of everything they produced but no longer. Maybe I will take the day off and try when the next ones come out. Yeah...I can visualize that with my wife, telling her that I took a vacation day to try and maybe, if I am lucky, buy some coins!

And then I will never get out of doing Honey Do's again in my life! 'Remember when you took the day off to buy some coins that were sold out anyway? And you're telling me you don't have an hour to paint that door frame? I don't thin so!!'

K

ANA LM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file