Home Precious Metals

deleted

derrybderryb Posts: 36,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 4, 2021 5:23PM in Precious Metals

never mind, what could have been an informative track of spot and premiums has been removed. I'm not going to tolerate being accused of "manipulating" data by one of the trolls, especially one who spends most of his time here manipulating what is said.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

think there will be a difference in premium between old design and new design?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

Initially yes. But won't matter here, we're looking at APMEX random year prices.

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

$35.99 all you want, right here. :cookie:

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you quoting prices from the same time?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

don't need a time. spot price is sufficient

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume @cohodk is asking if both kitco and spot are, for example, at 12 noon EDT each day.

Higashiyama
    edited May 3, 2021 6:27PM

@cohodk said:
    Are you quoting prices from the same time?

different time each day

@Higashiyama said:
    I assume @cohodk is asking if both kitco and spot are, for example, at 12 noon EDT each day.

Does Apmex change their pricing throughout the day? Spot had a $1 move today so was the Apmex screenshot taken at the close of spot trading or this morning before spot rallied? On a day like today, when spot had an outsized move, it would be easy to manipulate the data to support a narrative. And that would be a shame.

@Higashiyama said:

Kitco and APMEX taken at the same time, not the same time each day

@derryb said:

@Higashiyama said:

Kitco and APMEX taken at the same time, not the same time each day

Excellent.

edited May 3, 2021 7:19PM

@cohodk said:

@Higashiyama said:

Does Apmex change their pricing throughout the day? Spot had a $1 move today so was the Apmex screenshot taken at the close of spot trading or this morning before spot rallied? On a day like today, when spot had an outsized move, it would be easy to manipulate the data to support a narrative. And that would be a shame.

If you had bothered to look at the timestamp of the data post you would have seen that it was after 5 PM. The real shame and only manipulation I'm aware of here is the way you twist others' words and attempt to cast doubt on anyone who dares to disagree with you.

edited May 3, 2021 7:29PM

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@Higashiyama said:

If you had bothered to look at the timestamp of the post you would have seen that it was after 5 PM. The real shame and only manipulation I'm aware of here is the way you twist others' words and attempt to intimidate anyone who dares to disagree with you.

I never said YOU manipulated the info. I was only explaining how it could be manipulated.

Just because you posted at 5pm doesnt mean you screenshotted the Apmex at 5pm.

I was quite interested in your post, but as you and everyone knows i fight for truth and transparency. Funny how so many always want to fight against that.

I scrutinize data and the presentation of data. One should never be intimidated by the truth.

edited May 3, 2021 7:34PM

You fight to be king of the hill, don't be so insecure.

@derryb said:
    You fight to be king of the hill, don't be so insecure.

Stop with the projectionism.

Im not here to fight you.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh well.... There goes a useful and interesting thread. :/ Cheers, RickO

@ricko said:
    Oh well.... There goes a useful and interesting thread. :/ Cheers, RickO

Go for it, I don't think you are in the cross hairs.

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another episode of "the world according to cohodk".

@cohodk said:
    ... it would be easy to manipulate the data to support a narrative. ...

BOO !

useful thread gone.

bring it back!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb ... :D Well, at least I am prepared... experienced firearms trainer in high level tactics and response. Cheers, RickO

edited May 4, 2021 9:03AM

@MsMorrisine said:
    useful thread gone.

bring it back!

Yup. He took his ball and went home. I thought it was a good thread....good enough to want to ensure its accuracy. I thought we would all find that important.

Apparently the society we now live in would rather cancel logic, rationalism, reason and pragmatism. Years ago i thought this point was way off in the future, but seems its here now.

Got polymer and steel?

• taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

Apparently the society we now live in would rather cancel logic, rationalism, reason and pragmatism. Years ago i thought this point was way off in the future, but seems its here now.

Nice you have been able to fit in to the new normal without missing a beat...

He didn't go home, he just refuses to play your silly king of the hill game.

So, who is in charge of ensuring your accuracy?

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

DB, just ignore his nonsense. Bring back the thread and do it the best you can.

Have a nice day
    edited May 4, 2021 12:00PM

best he can?

this is easy and he was doing fine as it was. the questioning was overboard.

@streeter said:
    DB, just ignore his nonsense. Bring back the thread and do it the best you can.

I agree.

@derryb said:

So, who is in charge of ensuring your accuracy?

You and everyone else. Just as it should be. Would we really want less?

Not my place to call others a liar. One of you is enough.

@derryb said:
    Not my place to call others a liar. One of you is enough.

Nor mine and i never have.

• WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭

I remember doing this years ago using spot and the prices charged by Tulving for 90%, ASEs and AGEs.

0 premiums at Tulving these days.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    0 premiums at Tulving these days.

Touché....along with dozen's of other con artist bullion dealers over the years.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@Higashiyama said:

If you had bothered to look at the timestamp of the data post you would have seen that it was after 5 PM. The real shame and only manipulation I'm aware of here is the way you twist others' words and attempt to cast doubt on anyone who dares to disagree with you.

It's what paid shills do.

PCGS is gonna lose this whole new generation of collectors. I mean they pretty much already have, but allowing problems like these to fester has never been good for anybody's bottom line. Gen Z almost doesn't even know they exist.