Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I'm a Dodger fan, but..

1235»

Comments

• olb31olb31 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

X blowing up Roberts. he simply knows little to nothing about how to use his pitchers. he uses 5 or 6 everynight, the starters usually hang in there, but as soon as they come out, game over. i know i complain alot, but based on the hundreds of posts i saw on X, many people agree with me.

he only wins because they spend millions more every year than any other team. if he coached oakland they may go 10 - 152.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2024 10:41PM

@CardGeek said:
    Freeman is hitting .297. An announcer at one point this week said freeman was 0 for his last 10. Shrug.

I saw them put Heyward in at 1st once. It didn't go well.

They're scoring many runs most games. They're cruising along at a fine pace right now.

Yamamoto seems to me to be a really good pitcher.

This team will win the division like always but that will be it. > @olb31 said:

X blowing up Roberts. he simply knows little to nothing about how to use his pitchers. he uses 5 or 6 everynight, the starters usually hang in there, but as soon as they come out, game over. i know i complain alot, but based on the hundreds of posts i saw on X, many people agree with me.

he only wins because they spend millions more every year than any other team. if he coached oakland they may go 10 - 152.

He’s the only manager that could make the White Sox worse! Thought they would win the division and falter in the playoffs but now just winning the division is iffy.

i listened to river ryan's postgame after his first win, what a class act. awesome young man.

edited July 29, 2024 11:41PM

Agree, looks like they will have to rely on their young pitchers. With only hours left before the trade deadline only bargain basement pickups so far.

The DOdgers put Kyle Schwarber into the MVP race last night. At what point do you try to throw different pitches, walk the batter, etc. Why the Crap would you just keep pitching to him? Really frustrating year. Of course I would get rid of Roberts and try to get a new outlook. Might not be all of his fault, but the coaching/scouting looks off to me. And Prior would 100% be gone.

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2024 7:08AM

Schwarber had been hot well before Roberts, he had a 2 HR game 10 days ago as well.

He has always been streaky and will probably end up as top 10 all time in multi HR games career. I think he has 31 now.

Babe Ruth: 72 multi-home run games
    Barry Bonds: 71 multi-home run games
    Sammy Sosa: 69 multi-home run games
    Mark McGwire: 67 multi-home run games
    Willie Mays: 63 multi-home run games
    Alex Rodriguez: 62 multi-home run games
    Manny Ramirez: 54 multi-home run games
    David Ortiz: 51 multi-home run games
    Carlos Delgado: 49 multi-home run games
    Jim Thome: 48 multi-home run games

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

If that list is meant to be representative of the top 10 for the most multi-homerun games in a career, per MLB.com, it is not accurate
    https://www.mlb.com/news/most-multiple-home-run-games-in-baseball-c271745744#:~:text=Manny Machado (37), Giancarlo,than 30 two-homer games.

Then walk him.

@countdouglas said:
    If that list is meant to be representative of the top 10 for the most multi-homerun games in a career, per MLB.com, it is not accurate
    https://www.mlb.com/news/most-multiple-home-run-games-in-baseball-c271745744#:~:text=Manny Machado (37), Giancarlo,than 30 two-homer games.

You quoted active players.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • bgrbgr Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2024 8:10AM

@Cakes said:

Schwarber had been hot well before Roberts, he had a 2 HR game 10 days ago as well.

He has always been streaky and will probably end up as top 10 all time in multi HR games career. I think he has 31 now.

Babe Ruth: 72 multi-home run games
    Barry Bonds: 71 multi-home run games
    Sammy Sosa: 69 multi-home run games
    Mark McGwire: 67 multi-home run games
    Willie Mays: 63 multi-home run games
    Alex Rodriguez: 62 multi-home run games
    Manny Ramirez: 54 multi-home run games
    David Ortiz: 51 multi-home run games
    Carlos Delgado: 49 multi-home run games
    Jim Thome: 48 multi-home run games

Jackson Chourio: 1 multi-home run game.

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cakes said:

@countdouglas said:

You quoted active players.

Not at all. I'm not sure you read the article.

The Dodgers have won 5 in a row! They have the best record in Baseball and they have the second highest run differential.

What a bunch of spoiled fans!

@Cakes said:
    The Dodgers have won 5 in a row! They have the best record in Baseball and they have the second highest run differential.

WHen you spend like they do, you better dominate. With a couple of decent pitching decisions, they would have won at least 5 - 8 more games and would be sitting pretty. Roberts has cost Kershaw every bit of 20 wins in his career by removing him at least an inning to quick. Sometime 2 innings to quick. Starters need to go 6 -7 innings at least. Not 3 2/3 or 4 1/3.

Last Night Roberts did what he should do. Stone 5 and Knack 4. Keeps the bullpen fresh. I am not a huge of fan of rotating 6 or 7 pitchers per game. Pick 3 and go with them per game. They used 2 last night so that frees up at least 1 pitcher if not 2.

edited August 14, 2024 12:02PM

@olb31 said:

@Cakes said:

WHen you spend like they do, you better dominate. With a couple of decent pitching decisions, they would have won at least 5 - 8 more games and would be sitting pretty. Roberts has cost Kershaw every bit of 20 wins in his career by removing him at least an inning to quick. Sometime 2 innings to quick. Starters need to go 6 -7 innings at least. Not 3 2/3 or 4 1/3.

There are 3 or 4 other teams that have spent big the last decade that haven't been to World Series 3 times and won 1. They also lost a close series to the cheating Astros or it could have been 2 rings.

You must have forgotten that prior to Roberts you last went to the WS in the 80's. >:)

For context I was a life long Orioles fan but switched over to the Nationals once they got their team.

Don’t understand Roberts letting each reliever pitch only one inning in close games. A pitcher can go 3 up and 3 down on 10 pitches and won’t be on the mound the next inning.

@ElvisP said:
    Don’t understand Roberts letting each reliever pitch only one inning in close games. A pitcher can go 3 up and 3 down on 10 pitches and won’t be on the mound the next inning.

X was blowing up. I'm not the only person that wants him gone. He simply has no idea how to manage his pitching and not just this year. Starters go 6 - 7 innings, almost without exception. If they throw 120 pitches so be it. Most teams bullpens are very average. And the Dodgers may be slightly better than average but barely.

When they won Tuesday, Stone went 5 and Knack 4. That's the way to coach it. The guys in the bullpen are there for a reason, they aren't starters or they just aren't above average pitchers.

Kopech is pitching awesome. He needs to pitch at least 2 innings every stint.

Vesia has done decent, Banda has been ok. They have Grove in the Bullpen. Knack needs to stay up and probably the rookie lefty too. Hudson, Phillips -- Not much there in my opinion.

• azvikeazvike Posts: 377 ✭✭✭

Just a thought after 5 pages of posts...but shouldn't this be in the Sports Talk forum?...LOL

@olb31 said:

@ElvisP said:

X was blowing up. I'm not the only person that wants him gone. He simply has no idea how to manage his pitching and not just this year. Starters go 6 - 7 innings, almost without exception. If they throw 120 pitches so be it. Most teams bullpens are very average. And the Dodgers may be slightly better than average but barely.

When they won Tuesday, Stone went 5 and Knack 4. That's the way to coach it. The guys in the bullpen are there for a reason, they aren't starters or they just aren't above average pitchers.

Kopech is pitching awesome. He needs to pitch at least 2 innings every stint.

Vesia has done decent, Banda has been ok. They have Grove in the Bullpen. Knack needs to stay up and probably the rookie lefty too. Hudson, Phillips -- Not much there in my opinion.

…..and they sent Knack down the next day. 😳

YEP Dumb move. Knack is pitching well.

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭

If a reliever pitches 4 innings and has options and you need relievers why wouldn’t you option them and call up another? I’m not understanding the dilemma here. The brewers worked out your pitching in that series. Kershaw has the best start at 5.2 innings. Knack saved the BP with his 4 inning save and was probably unavailable for the next 3 days.

chilling 40/40 moment!!!!