Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I'm a Dodger fan, but..

124»

Comments

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭
    edited May 12, 2024 9:03PM

The bottom 3 or 4 depending on the lineup are still a big liability. This week they were a combined 8-65 or .123 average. Not good. T. Hernandez has turned out to be a great pickup. Pages started out strong but lately has reminded us he is still a rookie. Whole team still strikes out too much. What happens when Hayward comes back. Do they send Outman down?

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

They need Hayward. He's at least a 250 hitter with some power. Taylor has done nothing too. Not sure who the better defensive player is between Pages and Outman, but that is who i would play in center. Lux looks lost.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    CardGeekCardGeek Posts: 415 ✭✭✭

Outman has been really good. Outman seems to me to be a completely reliable centerfielder. Hayward plays right field. T Hernandez played left last night, I think. But, he usually plays right field.

Pages has been great. It's true though that sometimes guys come up and they're all pumped to be there. So they end up being amazing for a short time. Then they settle down. I know if this applies to Pages. I think Outman is probably better defensively.

Taylor is a really good defensive fielder. I've seen him make some great catches. Huge range. His bat though... Hitting a big .071.

Lux hit a triple last night. I totally cringed as he slid in to 3rd.

Dodgers have been getting a lot of value out of the bottom of the lineup.

• Options

Freeman not up to par so far. HE needs to step it up and then things really take off offensively. Heyward does have a decent bat.

• Options

Freeman is hitting .297. An announcer at one point this week said freeman was 0 for his last 10. Shrug.

I saw them put Heyward in at 1st once. It didn't go well.

They're scoring many runs most games. They're cruising along at a fine pace right now.

Yamamoto seems to me to be a really good pitcher.

• Options

anybody ready to give up on roberts. the team is in a total free fall. while maybe it's not all his fault, i think it's time for some new ideas/personalities. the GM has provided a complete all-star team for roberts and the team is in a total free fall. i've been done with him for the last 3 years,

• Options

They just won game 1 of their double header. They aren't scoring enough runs though.

Pages did cool off.

Teoscar Hernandez is doing really well.

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭

@olb31 said:
    anybody ready to give up on roberts. the team is in a total free fall. while maybe it's not all his fault, i think it's time for some new ideas/personalities. the GM has provided a complete all-star team for roberts and the team is in a total free fall. i've been done with him for the last 3 years,

They're just fine. They're 5 or 6 games up and are about to get Miller, Phillips, and Kelly back. If Buhler figures it out, they get Kershaw and Dustin May ramped up late in the season, they should be formidable.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CardGeek said:
    They just won game 1 of their double header. They aren't scoring enough runs though.

Pages did cool off.

Teoscar Hernandez is doing really well.

Anyone can "Beat The Mets"

Meet the Mets
    Greet the Mets
    They came to the park and beat the Mets
    Cover your head
    Prepare for the cries
    Guaranteed they can't hit for their lives
    Cause the fielders are really dropping the ball
    watchin' those relief pitchers losin' it all
    creaking creaking
    everybody hear the sound?
    'cause the New York M-E-T-S Mets are goin' down

It's the singer not the song - Peter Townshend (1972)

• Options

Maybe they heard me getting pissed off and won a couple.

• Options
    GrooGroo Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

Do Mets fans still whine about other teams "buying championships"?

They have Highest payroll in MLB history and prolly any going to even sniff a 3rd wild card berth. Guess they were wrong u can't buy a championship...

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Samthecat said:
    Wow this thread started in 2021 about how bad Dave Roberts is as a manager and nothing has changed. He is consistent

Consistently good! Dodgers fans must be getting spoiled. He has never missed the playoffs in 8 years. The Dodgers had a 5 game losing streak, first one in 5 years, I am surprised you all didn't want him fired.

Last year in the Playoffs they scored 2 runs in each game versus Arizona. Mookie went 0-11 in the series and Freddie went 1-10. They lost that series, not Dave Roberts.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

Yeah -- just feels like they need something different. Not sure what it is. I have noticed he's starting to pitch the starters a little longer. The Dodgers supply Dave with endless talent, he just doesn't seem to get the most out of the team. Just my opinion.

• Options

He isn't pitching the starters longer. I haven't seen anybody go over 100 pitches. Why do you think leaving pitchers in longer would help them win more?

The Dodgers under Roberts had the 4th best regular season in MLB history a couple years ago. I think you started saying Roberts should be fired right when that happened. What kind of numbers would you be happy with?

• Options

well you are correct about the pitches. i have noticed several starters going 7 innings but probably were under 100 pitches.

too many loose holes. betts to the infield, 6-9 hitters are terrible, no real ss and no real 2b, pitching woes galore. so i guess we can say either the gm isn't doing a great job or roberts isn't sure what to do with what he has. the postseason issues are certainly glaring.