Home Precious Metals
Options

Bitcoin Target Price

Comments

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2022 6:23AM

@jmski52 said:
    We have recently witnessed the destruction of money without even a single FED interest rate hike.

Except for the favored few - the stock market internals are anemic - most stocks are already in a bear market. Wait until the market sees that earnings for those favored few stocks can't support their stock prices, then you will see real capital destruction.

Can you expand on your vision? What "market internals" are anemic? What exactly do you see happening?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd argue gutter metal is not real money, It used to be but these days it would be considered suckers money. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭

gold/silver is the original money. Fiat currency, one after another, is only a temporary replacement. Currencies come and go as does man's faith in each of them.

Only one form of money has actually passed the test of time. Dollars may outlast you but they will not outlast gold.

B)

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

@cohodk said:

So gold is not money?

Nope, not at the moment. Like most things durable it has been temporarily replaced by something disposable but more importantly by something corruptible. Gold/silver are the original money. Fiat currencies, one after another, are only a short term replacement. Currencies come and go as does man's faith in each of them. As man also loses faith in those who create and provide these currencies he will return to what is durable.

Dollars may outlast you but they will not outlast gold. B)

• Options
    edited January 30, 2022 8:10AM

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

So gold is not money?

Nope

Oh boy...you aint gonna make friends on this forum. Lol

• Options
    edited January 30, 2022 8:13AM

@derryb said:

Dollars may outlast you but they will not outlast gold. B)

But what about bitcoin?

• Options

dollars will outlast bitcoin, bitcoin is a bigger ponzi than are dollars.

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

So gold is not money?

It isn't anymore. It can be used for barter, but so can lead, concrete blocks and a used lawnmower...

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

What "market internals" are anemic? What exactly do you see happening?

On one hand, former Goldman quant/analyst Charles Nenner says that most stocks are in a bear market and that the big tech companies are the ones supporting the market and that their earnings don't support their high prices. When the Fed does stop handing out free money to their friends and keeping interest rates artificially suppressed, it's game over for the stock market. Nenner thinks that the stock market is set up for at least a 50% correction in the not too distant future.

On the other hand, Gregory Mannarino is saying that the Fed's plan is to buy it all and to become the buyer and lender of last resort for the entire economy. The Fed is a privately-owned cartel and they have zero interest in the actual economy. It's only about money and control for the Fed, and Congress is willing to be bought, so the Fed's a pernicious cycle of money creation and lending money that costs them nothing to create that helps nobody but the cartel (and their friends/puppets). Mannarino thinks that the Fed will keep inflating the market to the moon but that it will inevitably crash bigtime and that most stock market participants stand to lose almost everything. Mannarino has no timetable for this crash.

What do I see happening? I've been totally out of the stock market for a long time. I think the stock market fundamentals have been artificially supported by the Fed for over a decade and that all of this BS money creation is simply bait for unsuspecting middle class savers and investors. In that sense, I agree with Mannarino 100% although he promotes his own volatility measure as a way to gauge when to get out. I think that playing with volatility is a good way to do alot of work that gets erased in the end. It's not worth the time & trouble for most people. Better to focus on having a life.

I agree with Bill Holter that it's better to own real assets that automatically re-price themselves as the monetary cycle goes through whatever abrupt changes take place. This includes precious metals at the core, with some land and other physical assets on the side. And some cash. I don't need to speculate. Do I know what's really coming? Nope, and neither does anyone else.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2022 9:59AM

Free market? lol

Bankers, via their sugar daddy the FED, are the market. And now we have Pharma, via its Washington serfs and state level puppets, fighting for it's piece of what used to be the American Pie.

Surprisingly most realize this to be true but yet cannot accept the reality that Precious Metal prices are equally controlled.

• Options

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

So gold is not money?

It isn't anymore. It can be used for barter, but so can lead, concrete blocks and a used lawnmower...

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

So gold is not money?

Then you'll remember all the discussions on this forum about this very topic.

Its a fun exercise to go back and read the thoughts and opinions of this forum over the last 15 years on this matter. Good reading on a cold winter day.

• Options

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

So gold is not money?

In much the same way the US dollar is used?

• Options

Do not confuse "money" with "barter."

Money is the medium in which prices and values are expressed. As a currency, it circulates anonymously from person to person and country to country, thus facilitating trade, and it is the principal measure of wealth. And this is why we don't price automobiles in used lawn chairs or even gold.

• Options
    edited January 30, 2022 12:29PM

@derryb said:
    For a proper reference to reality, maybe wealth should be measured in ounces of gold.

So dont measure autos in terms of lawnchairs, but measure wealth in terms of gold?

If you 10 million lawnchairs wouldnt you be wealthy?

• Options

@cohodk said:

only if you had 10 million buyers.

• Options

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

only if you had 10 million buyers.

Looks like i might wish i had a lot more lawnchairs. No shortage of buyers.

https://www.gminsights.com/industry-analysis/outdoor-furniture-market

• Options

@cohodk said:

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

So gold is not money?

No. The dollar in and of itself is of no use to the recipient until they engage in another transaction to exchange the dollar for something they need. Additionally, in a barter situation, a third party cannot arbitrarily change the value of the items exchanged.

• Options

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

So gold is not money?

No. The dollar in and of itself is of no use to the recipient until they engage in another transaction to exchange the dollar for something they need. Additionally, in a barter situation, a third party cannot arbitrarily change the value of the items exchanged.

Agteed..mostly. in a barter, the item(s) exchanged might also be useless as one may have to make several transactions to get what they finally need. The value of those items would be arbitrary though to each party.

This is where the bartering of PMs in a SHTF scenario becomes problematic.

• Options
    edited January 31, 2022 8:56AM

@taxmad said:

The dollar in and of itself is of no use to the recipient until they engage in another transaction to exchange the dollar for something they need.

Commonly known as "passing the buck." And the only reason the recipient accepts the dollar as payment is his blind faith that it will be accepted when he goes to spend it. Keep in mind that he does accept it already knowing it will have lost some value when he flips it.

• Options

@cohodk said:

This is where the bartering of PMs in a SHTF scenario becomes problematic.

No, this is when items of necessity become money. SHTF? PMs will be useless.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

"SHTF? PMs will be useless."

Agree 100% with the above analogy

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

@derryb said:

Money is the medium in which prices and values are expressed. As a currency, it circulates anonymously from person to person and country to country, thus facilitating trade, and it is the principal measure of wealth. And this is why we don't price automobiles in used lawn chairs or even gold.

On my planet I barter with $$$ DOLLARS $$$ daily. RGDS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

Paying asking price with dollars is not bartering. LOL

• Options

@derryb said:

So to keep with the OP, is your bitcoin target price zero?

• Options

sure, i'll play along.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2022 8:44AM

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

So to keep with the OP, is your bitcoin target price zero?

nope.

Buy when they hate them (now)

Sell when they love them (the future)

My last move was buying ADA at 1.02, Buying COST around 480, and an ounce of Gold way above spot.

• Options

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

Who says I pay asking price? Cash is king and MANY businesses still offer cash discounts.

• Options

@cohodk said:
    How is El Salvador doing?

Better or worse than OBJ?

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

Who says I pay asking price? Cash is king and MANY businesses still offer cash discounts.

good to know that somebody is able to talk Publix and Walmart down on their prices. lol

• Options
    edited February 2, 2022 7:45PM

>

My last move was buying ADA at 1.02,

Are you sure you still have it. Was it stolen?

• Options

What volatility? lol

• Options

@derryb said:
    What volatility? lol

And still volatility derivatives are lower than 6 weeks ago.

• Options

what volatility derivatives? lol

• Options

Buy high sell lower, way to go ace.

• Options
    edited February 5, 2022 12:43PM

@blitzdude said:
    Buy high sell lower, way to go ace.

focus on why you are losing money while others are making money. Fix that and then you too will be an ace.

• Options
    edited February 5, 2022 5:59PM

Perhaps in another decade. or three.......your gutter will be back to break even. Stack on!!!

• Options

gonna start calling you the Jim Cramer of the PM forum. You've earned the title. Continue to make us proud.

• Options
    RobMRobM Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Crypto commercial blitz during Superbowl. If prices go up another 10% between now and then, I may sell a little.

• Options

B)

• Options

@derryb said:
    gonna start calling you the Jim Cramer of the PM forum. You've earned the title. Continue to make us proud.

That could be a compliment. His predictions, over the years, haven't been as bad as yours.

• Options
    edited February 9, 2022 9:30AM

@OPA said:

@derryb said:

That could be a compliment. His predictions, over the years, haven't been as bad as yours.

As I have always predicted spot silver will remain volatile. And as I have always predicted it will continue to offer paper trade profits that I for one have used over the years to build a near zero cost silver stack. I remain on record that silver prices are way undervalued (premiums continue to support this) and I continue to make that claim as I continue to add to the stack.

Dolllar destruction. . . well, I rest my case.

Ethereum. . . again, I rest my case.

Blitzboy's can't see the forest for the trees. His prediction (it's actually a hope since he obviously sold all of his at a loss) is that silver will never go up, so he finds solace in attacking those who disagree.. So, you are in agreement with him? lol

I also predict he will continue to troll because he can't stand the fact that others have prospered where he has failed.

• Options

@OPA said:

@derryb said:

Cramer: Peter writes, “Should I be worried about Bear Stearns in terms of liquidity and get my money out of there?”

No! No! No! Bear Stearns is fine. Do not take your money out. If there’s one takeaway, Bear Stearns is not in trouble. I mean, if anything, they’re more likely to be taken over. Don’t move your money from Bear. That’s just being silly. Don’t be silly.

• Options

I 'm not a fan of JC, but just like derryb, he did have some good picks over the years. Priceline, that he touted about 10 years ago, was one of them

• Options
    RobMRobM Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

So no crypto bump leading up to superbowl. If new investors do not come in droves over next few weeks as result of ad blitz tonight, then cryptocurrency market may have similar fate to that infamous sock puppet. I am least hoping for a boost, but if it does not materialize, BTC back to $20Ks, ETH under $2K.

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    Perhaps in another decade. or three.......your gutter will be back to break even. Stack on!!!

Stop the trolling. Stick to oats. You have no competition.

Have a nice day
  • Options
  • Options

ira-financial-hacked-36-million-in-cryptocurrency-stolen

interestingly, nobody has ever hacked my bullion stack

Canaduh has just announced that their banks can shut off any accounts that they deem to be troublemakers, anything related to the trucker movement.

more reasons not to put much into fiat-based imaginary assets

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2022 5:15PM

we are all now prisoners of those we foolishly gave power.

• Options

@jmski52 said:
    ira-financial-hacked-36-million-in-cryptocurrency-stolen

interestingly, nobody has ever hacked my bullion stack

Canaduh has just announced that their banks can shut off any accounts that they deem to be troublemakers, anything related to the trucker movement.

more reasons not to put much into fiat-based imaginary assets

You mean like a bank account? A 401K? An annuity? Social Security? Lulz!

• Options

You mean like a bank account? A 401K? An annuity? Social Security? Lulz!

My interpretation of the video that I watched was that the announcement referred to bank accounts.

I knew it would happen.