Options

Why Bitcoin and Ethereum are so strong

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, you're the one that made it about those who hold your paper. LOL

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

If this downward spiral were to continue, can we look forward to reading in the coming days and weeksthat the HODLers will claim to have already sold out and locked in their profits? As of now, they are on record in posts above as still being heavily invested in cryptos.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Baley said:
    If this downward spiral were to continue, can we look forward to reading in the coming days and weeksthat the HODLers will claim to have already sold out and locked in their profits? As of now, they are on record in posts above as still being heavily invested in cryptos.

I'll go on record as still in, far from heavy thank goodness. Maybe fellow reddit HODLers will dump all those big profits into some physical. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

Im just gonna assume your drunk, cuz i aint seein no mention of paper in this thread.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

Who else believes this time up ETH will flippen over BTC? Digital Oil vs. Digital Gold.

• Options
    edited May 23, 2021 3:15PM

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

Im just gonna assume your drunk, cuz i aint seein no mention of paper in this thread.

You're the one who mentioned it, put down the sauce. LOL

• Options

worldwide government agencies get back to work on Monday. Expect another hit piece on cryptos.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will the Elon effect wear off over time??? >:)

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@Baley said:

I'll go on record as still in, far from heavy thank goodness. Maybe fellow reddit HODLers will dump all those big profits into some physical. RGDS!

Further on record that after a little over 24 hours I'm just about back to where I was prior to the dip. Sometimes it pays to HODL.

• Options
    RobMRobM Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

It took me 6 months....... But using a "conservative strategy" of selling a little around localized highs, I managed to get all my principal ($X) back out of my PayPal cryptos and still have a remaining balance of $1.25X. Not sure what my strategy should be going forward. Thinking of just waiting to resume gradual selling if they ever get back to ATHs, but waiting until at least December to be in long term cap gains range. I'm not a fan of cryptocurrency, just a FOMO fool.

• Options

Cryptocurrencies are fun :)

I sure miss real money online poker in the whole USA :'(

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did somebody get on the SHIB train or am I seeing @RobM avatar wrong?

• Options

@DrBuster said:
    Did somebody get on the SHIB train or am I seeing @RobM avatar wrong?

Your eyes are not failing you, that is SHIB. But for the record, I have not owned any SHIB To date, I have only speculated in the 4 PP listed coins; simply FOMO. I never had an avatar over my first year in the forum, so I picked SHIB when I first learned about it; pup is kinda cute. I also do not own any DOGE even though in the forum 2021 investment contest.....Wow. Much gains. Very leader.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still have 1/4 of my initial DOGE (shouldn't have touched it the few times I got out/in). I did throw some play money at the SHIB, we'll see if it can fun run for me.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    worldwide government agencies get back to work on Monday. Expect another hit piece on cryptos.

good call.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

Seriously....I was researching a bunch of cryptos a week or two ago looking for one that might be explosive. I was going to get me a load of cummies. However, I failed to pull the trigger, and now I feel like a dummie.

• Options

These threads were so "in" just a few months ago? What happened?

Gotta love the psychology of markets. <3. Doesnt matter if the topic is silver, bitcoin, equities, or tulips, humans always say and act the same.

• Options

@cohodk said:

Gotta love the psychology of markets. <3. Doesnt matter if the topic is silver, bitcoin, equities, or tulips, humans always say and act the same.

And you're not as predictable? lol

• Options
    edited July 25, 2021 5:41PM

Cryptos offer a tax loophole: wash sale rules don’t apply, meaning that you can sell your bitcoin and buy it right back, whereas with a stock, you would have to wait 30 days or be penalized.

• Options
    edited July 25, 2021 5:45PM

This past week has provided an enormous ETH buying opportunity. It is likely not too late. It may well be on it's way to its May high of $4169. Tossed in the remaining chips @ $1858.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

All crypto's are froggy tonight

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@derryb said:
    This past week has provided an enormous ETH buying opportunity. It is likely not too late. It may > @derryb said:

@cohodk said:

And you're not as predictable? lol

Indeed. You should know by now that i see euphoria and apathy as major opportunity. And that i had to ressurect this thread after a month and a half of no activity should have alerted you to the apathy. You need to be more perceptive.

I think this is where you say "pay attention and try to catch up". Lol

Again, not afraid to addtess your questions.

• Options
    edited July 26, 2021 4:04PM

@cohodk said:

You should know by now that i see euphoria and apathy as major opportunity. And that i had to ressurect this thread after a month and a half of no activity should have alerted you to the apathy. You need to be more perceptive.

As usual, you see "euphoria and apathy as major opportunity" to comment about others and seldom about the topic at hand.

you confuse apathy with lack of excitement. When cryptos get back on a roll the excitement will return.

• Options

Indications are the crypto bull is back. Expecting BTC to get past $75K this time. Maybe ETH to $6K. EOY targets.

• Options

• Options

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

You should know by now that i see euphoria and apathy as major opportunity. And that i had to ressurect this thread after a month and a half of no activity should have alerted you to the apathy. You need to be more perceptive.

As usual, you see "euphoria and apathy as major opportunity" to comment about others and seldom about the topic at hand.

you confuse apathy with lack of excitement. When cryptos get back on a roll the excitement will return.

Great!! Sounds like another opportunity. 🙂🙂

• Options
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    B)B)
    Congrats to those who got in.

Im on the train. But going off the rails is certainly in play

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2021 8:11AM

I'm noticing a trend. lulz!> @derryb said:

B)B)
    Congrats to those who got in

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    I'm noticing a trend.

You consider half a days' price movement a trend? LOL No wonder you can't make any real money.

Here's what a trend looks like.

• Options

lol

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭✭✭

As Mark Twain stated... "There are lies, damned lies and statistics."

Beats me on how Bitcoin is trending or where it will go in the future. But being somewhat familiar with statistics... I do know one can get them to show about anything they want, given right selection of time periods, scales, etc.

----- kj
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2021 12:09PM

lol back at 'cha. gutter crypto, lol.

as pointed out on 7/25 the trend has been up and it continues up. Those who focused on a .86% half day drop missed great opportunity. Appears you joined them.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course, you traded the move perfectly again, didn't you? Always right! 😉👍

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

@Baley said:
    Of course, you traded the move perfectly again, didn't you? Always right! 😉👍

You know he did. Keyboard legend in his own mind.

• Options
    edited August 2, 2021 9:29PM

Not always; usually. In this case dead on. Sorry it infuriates at least two of you. Stupid is supposed to hurt. You'll get over it. Try focusing on your trading, not that of others - it might help sooth the pain.

PS, out at 2616.

• Options
    edited August 1, 2021 6:38PM

@derryb said:
    Not always; usually. In this case dead on. Sorry it infuriates at least two of you. You'll get over it. Try focusing on your trading, not that of others - it might help sooth the pain.

PS, out at 2616.

LOL you didn't even know what ETH was 5 years ago. What a joke. Congrats you seemed to have found a way to lose even more $$$$ than what you do buying and storing gutter in your bunker.

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a lot of rent money being picked up by the gubberment is instead going into crypto.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

PS, out at 2616.

Are you bought back in, it’s up to 2750 today.

I saw you said you bought in @ 1850 and said it could go past 4000 and to get in , when the price was like 2250

I’m just wondering if you are buying&selling the ebbs and flows
    Vs.
    Hodling as some people also say pays off in the end

If you don’t wanna answer that’s okay, it just looked like you were giving alerts earlier.

Disclaimer: Personally I own no eth

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

He sold as stated in the post but he will soon tell you he miraculously bought back in at the dip just before the latest surge. LOL I didn't even realize I made $$$ in ETH today with the monster Robinhood gainz. I'll take it.

• Options
    edited August 4, 2021 9:16PM

buying&selling the ebbs and flows but also saying whatever I think will keep gutterhead chasing his tail

• Options

@derryb said:
    buying&selling the ebbs and flows …

Have you given any thought to hodling 32ETH to gain interest by staking?

Etherum is going full Proof of Stake for electricity efficiency. Today another phase activated where Proof of work miners (energy intensive) rewards decreased toward the path of zero rewards.

For individuals holding 32ETH (minimum threshold) in a user custody wallet moving forward will be eligible for interest by helping secure the network.

I want to say some third party custody offer interest on a smaller amount (pooled users to meet threshold) but it may involve locking funds for a month.

• Options
    edited August 5, 2021 1:21AM
  • Options

@derryb said:
    simple in and out, nothing else.

Understood, locking funds for a months time is the very antithesis of that strategy

Good luck!

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

ETH for the win, still climbing today!

• Options

@ShadyDave said:
    ETH for the win, still climbing today!

Derbs sold @ $2616 and probably went in more gutter ASE @ $34-35. Win some lose some. lol Congrats on the win!

• Options

ADA kicking ass :):):)