Home Precious Metals
Options

Why Bitcoin and Ethereum are so strong

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2021 10:10AM

Who said I was selling? Or you looking for my exit figure?

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2021 3:27PM

Thanks to Miles I'm in on classic at $27 and $36. The $36 was bought six days ago. Not too shabby.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Thanks to Miles I'm in on classic at $27 and $36. The $36 was bought six days ago. Not too shabby.

m

don't forget to buckle your seat belt.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DrBuster said:
    DOGE hit .60 this morning at one point, crazy but my RH account loves it.

What would make you want to sell it?> @DrBuster said:

Who said I was selling? Or you looking for my exit figure?

Im wondering if there is something that would cause/entice/scare/etc you into selling? A certain price, a regulatory decision, change in pricing direction (risk tolerance), etc.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    edited May 4, 2021 5:19PM

@cohodk said:

Im wondering if there is something that would cause/entice/scare/etc you into selling? A certain price, a regulatory decision, change in pricing direction (risk tolerance), etc.

In my case strong downward momentum while other popular crypto choices are climbing.

• Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2021 5:31PM

Litecoin is where its at!

• Options

@USASoccer said:

No, for today ETC is where it's at! ;)

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get the impression we are all having fun and enjoying the Crypto ride because we can afford to take the C ride. It’s an amusement park attraction that will cost us a bit of non-committed money to participate.
    There are going to be some steep ascents and descents and for those that can handle the
    High G —forces, it may offer differing rewards.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

Oh ETC Snap, Mark!!

• Options

I miss the R/H phone app confetti when I make a purchase.

• Options

Doge, Derrry??
    I have been dipping my smaller toes here and there, given Elon’s Saturday gala may cause a pop in price.

• Options
    edited May 4, 2021 6:02PM

dog no like derry. he bite. Do much better with the two E's. Sleep better too.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

I took my baseline hedge back plus some a while ago and everything rolling now is pure profit. No reason to sell unless I desperately need to . $1, tempting, $2, moreso, to the moon for hodl....why not.

• Options

laser projectionist attacks bank of england:

• Options

I would imagine bitcoin and Doge coin tattoos are going up in popularity, too.
    I may get a big E on my chest.

• Options

OK, things just went totally nuts with BTC.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

XLM

• Options

And to celebrate, got this on the way

• Options
    edited May 5, 2021 8:24AM

@MilesWaits said:
    OK, things just went totally nuts with BTC.

Been that way with ETC for a week!

• Options
    edited May 5, 2021 8:27AM

Remember to sell all crypto BEFORE Saturday Night Live airs >:)

• Options
    edited May 5, 2021 9:11AM

Classic just cracked $100. Slow down there nelly and rest a little

Ok, I just made myself I cup of coffee and it's at $111. I think I'll go back and make a pot this time

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2021 9:02AM

no, keep going! all in since last week.

• Options

It must be the coffee Mark so please don’t stop we are all depending on you now! Add a little sugar and cream if you must.

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2021 1:07PM

My how a bunch of you all's tunes have changed since a couple years back, especially towards my point of view on cryptos. Glad y'all are enjoying the ride.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2021 2:42PM

FWIW, I used to laugh at my brother for stacking PMs. Now I sell them to him.

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, Okay.

I was into cryptos back in 2017-2019, but got out because of the volatility.

So I just bought some, because this time it's for real, right?

Right?

;)

• Options
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another #Stimmy would be nice. I'll put this one 100% in my doggie coin wallet thing and become a welfare millionaire (after a couple of mouse clicks). Crazy world. THKS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Classic just cracked $100. Slow down there nelly and rest a little

Ok, I just made myself I cup of coffee and it's at $111. I think I'll go back and make a pot this time

m

Stupid question but what is Classic?

• Options
    RobMRobM Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2021 8:40AM

Classic is the original Ethereum, symbol ETC. There was a fork (disagreement resulting in splitting the blockchain into two different entities) related to whether to make certain changes after the original Ethereum blockchain was exploited. The original author of Ethereum and others in the community went with the more secure and scaleable Ethereum (ETH), leaving the original, renamed Ethereum Classic (ETC) to those in the community that believe the code is law and refused to make the changes. If DOGE, a meme/joke crypto can go to the moon, there's no reason a previously disregarded and forgotten, but more serious crypto, can't get to at least Mars, lol.

• Options

The Economist's lead article this week describes government's inevitable entre into digital currencies, with all the advantages and unprecedented governmental control such a move allows:

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2021/05/08/the-digital-currencies-that-matter

• Options

@skier07 said:

Stupid question but what is Classic?

Thread is worthless with pitures

• Options
    edited May 9, 2021 8:41PM

@USASoccer said:

I appreciated this post. I've been researching it for awhile but was gun shy. I got dirty in it the day after

Thank you for the push

m

• Options

Bitcoin is too stable, I am getting bored with it >:)

• Options

I just loaded up on SHIB.

• Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭

So this last week has been super fun. I quit using % and have begun x cause its way easier. ETH 4X.

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options

Perhaps the stock Coinbase (COIN) made a bottom. The turn could be in. COIN reports earnings this week.

• Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    Perhaps the stock Coinbase (COIN) made a bottom. The turn could be in. COIN reports earnings this week.

I've been using robinhood but its limited to available cryptos. I wanted to buy the SHIB but no option. I am going to open a coinbase and it says refer someone and get $10 free bitcoin. So if any of you cheap fools want the referral let me know before I open the account. Just think someday your $10 could become $10K. :sunglasses:

• Options

Wanted to buy some Shib too, but oh well, I have Robinhood and Coinbase and that is enough temptation.
    And they, CB’s ethers and such, did not rest on their low end laurels for long - did they!

• Options

I'm using RH and Kraken. Looking to replace Kraken.

• Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am long on ethereum, so moved it to blockfi and earn 4.5% on it.
    For my other smaller stuff coinbase. Have a robinhood too, but never funded it.

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options

I think Bitcoin is close to being irrelevant. It is getting killed by most of the alt coins over the past 3 months. And, why spend $60K for something with minimal utility, just name recognition, when you can buy something with arguably more utility (ETH, LTC, BCH, etc.) that is gaining in name recognition for a tiny fraction of the price? Anyone else see this disconnect, especially with recent inflation numbers and proposed spending levels. If BTC was worth $55K in Feb, it should be trading much higher today since it has become so mainstream. Something broken?

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    edited May 12, 2021 12:58PM

OK, Cohodk. I get that it's over.

Bitcoin? Crypto? The American economy? Western Civilization? The world as we know it? Carbon-based life forms?

• Options
    RedstoneCoinsRedstoneCoins Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

@Sandman70gt said:
    ETH to da moon!!
    Up 265% since the end of Nov.
    What else has an ROI like that?

Enron.

• Options

oh Elon :D

• Options

Well my bunghole hurts. lol

• Options

@RobM said:
    I think Bitcoin is close to being irrelevant. It is getting killed by most of the alt coins over the past 3 months. And, why spend $60K for something with minimal utility, just name recognition, when you can buy something with arguably more utility (ETH, LTC, BCH, etc.) that is gaining in name recognition for a tiny fraction of the price? Anyone else see this disconnect, especially with recent inflation numbers and proposed spending levels. If BTC was worth $55K in Feb, it should be trading much higher today since it has become so mainstream. Something broken?

price is irrelevant. Percentage gain or loss is the only thing that matters.

• Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    oh Elon :D

Musk didn't come to the conclusion to stop accepting bitcoin on his own. He was told to, or else lose Tesla's only real source of profits....energy credits.

• Options
    edited May 14, 2021 12:35PM

Discuss what cryptos could have a good future that are NOT in the news, ie BITC, ETH, or DOGE :oB)>:)<3:p

And Why?