Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

May the Force be With this Thread - Show Off your Star Wars Cards!

Comments

• Options
    ghooper33ghooper33 Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭

I just picked up a 1977 Star Wars “Pacosa Dos” album of cards. These albums were issued in Spanish speaking counties, and this example is from Puerto Rico.

It is missing 2 cards but the fronts of all the cards look pretty nice. I started another thread about this, but I would love any suggestions on how to get these glued cards out of the album.

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
  • Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

2017 New Zealand Mint - $2 "Coin" -- it was a 40th Anniversary Star Wars 1 oz. Silver Bar

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DotStore said:
    2017 New Zealand Mint - $2 "Coin" -- it was a 40th Anniversary Star Wars 1 oz. Silver Bar

please tell me they have a han solo frozen silver bar!?!

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

That would actually be really cool -- and something that could look great as a silver bar. They have done a few Star Wars themed "coins" so you never know...

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭

1977starwarshansolofigure

• Options

Inspired by @1951WheatiesPremium 's Hershey card pictures, I wanted to show off mine as well.

In 1980 Hershey candy bar boxes contained one of five different cards to be hand cut across six products. The Darth Vader card was available on the Reece's Crunchy and Mr Goodbars.

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2021 1:37PM

@blurryface said:

@DotStore said:

I've been checking randomly, coolest I've found is this one (not mine and insanely overpriced IMHO): https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Death-Star-Niue-2-oz-Silver-5-2018-Proof-Ultra-High-Relief-Coin/154193796043

ETA: @UFFDAH bringing the heat again, wow!

• Options

I am not sure what these cards are - stylistically they are similar to the 1977 Star Wars Menko hand cut cards, but these are not in that checklist (that I know of). They were not too expensive so I took a chance and bought them.

Anyone have any information around these cards?

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

yoda looks pissed.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

May the 4th be with you

Happy Star Wars Day!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    May the 4th be with you

Happy Star Wars Day!

May the 4th be with you as well!
    This thread has so much /drool in it, sooo cool!

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Happy 4th all!

She was great in the Mandalorian. I didn’t realize it was her until the credits.

• Options

@Barfvader said:
    May the 4th be with you, always.

And an old school way to watch the originals.

Han shoots first in these ;)

• Options
    WillymacWillymac Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2021 3:48PM

Got fuzz along the bottom - bought this YEARS ago -for like $100 - dont think its trimmed but the fuzz has always bothered me...didnt think GAI was one that would grade trimmed cards

• Options
    azvikeazvike Posts: 356 ✭✭✭

left edge sure looks trimmed (poorly)

• Options
    WillymacWillymac Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2021 4:05PM

The insert edge holders, black foam, are indented that’s def not trim on the left just a wedge shaped inner holder to allow the corners to be visible

The bottom is what I have always wondered about - but first graded gai are usually solid - and it would be such a bad job that I think it’s factory cut fuzz

Given star wars nuts prices I was looking to cross it over but that’s on hold now with the pause…

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

I love them still on the box. I had to cut mine out

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

that was living large back in the day - a six pack of Whatchamacallits with a bonus card!

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

@rtimmer said:

I love them still on the box. I had to cut mine out

Holy Smokes! Beautiful cards!

• Options
    Bearkat21Bearkat21 Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2021 8:40PM

I’m working on the 1977 Topps set raw. But have these stashed away that I might go ahead and get slabbed soon just so I don’t get the urge to open.

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the big day is over but this guy is still "jacked up" and partying....

• Options
    ChewliesGumChewliesGum Posts: 71 ✭✭

Just got this back from bbce a few weeks ago. Pretty tough to find rack pack.

• Options
    edited May 5, 2021 9:40AM

I had two I wanted to try...

@UFFDAH said:

Little known fact: While the picture for that card was being taken, C-3PO is looking at a picture of Steve Balboni.

@UFFDAH said:

Wow, C-3PO looks like he just pulled a Jimmy Brown rookie right from a pack!

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    edited May 17, 2021 7:49PM

The cards are in rough condition, but considering these came from New Zealand ice cream I will give them a pass :smile: .

1977 Star Wars Tip-Top
    There are 15 total cards in this set, and about half the set are from the movie and the other half are from Ralph McQuarrie’s original concept artwork.

• Options
    or246or246 Posts: 108 ✭✭

Currently working on 1970 Topps Hockey PSA 9 set
  • Options
    NaithGNaithG Posts: 21

Just some of my recent purchases

• Options
    NaithGNaithG Posts: 21

Also not seen many of these here in England

• Options
    picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

Giant size comic books.. 1977

• Options

1977 Star Wars Scanlens: These were one of six different Topps variations issued in different countries. The Scanlens cards were from Australia. The first 66 cards are the same as the U.S. versions, with the exception of the thinner card stock and rougher cuts.

Below are two of my favorites.

• Options

1983 Star Wars Swedish Nellba: This is an unusual set from Sweden that is broken down into three different series. The picture quality of these cards are very poor...

Series one:
    6 Star Wars cards as part of an overall set of non-sports cards. Dates seem to be all over the place for these cards
    Series two:
    Numbered 200 - 278. These cards sold in packs and have three different variations
    1) the front have "Stjärnornas Krig" listed on the front (this translates to "The Stars War"
    2) "©" is listed on the front and back of the card with a description of the card on front
    3) No "©" on the front or back with the description of the card on front
    Series three:
    Numbered 301 - 326. These cards also sold in packs and have three different variations (none of the variations have "Stjärnornas Krig" on the front)
    1) No "©" on front or back
    2) "©" and text on the back of the card
    3) "©" and text on the back of the card, but printed on thinner and non-glossy paper

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just FYI, I put a PSA 8 '77 Series 1 pack and a bunch of ESB grocery racks up in BST if anyone is interested.

And since I haven't seen one posted in the thread yet I'll share my 1980 ESB unopened pack from Greece.

Arthur

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options

1977 Yamakatsu Winner Cards.

These cards come from the set in my first post, but these three cards are the "winner" variations distinguished by the red text of the back of the cards. These cards were in the gamble books (and not in the cello that I opened), and could be sent in for a prize.

On a side note, I think it is time for a new scanner :)

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

I have these 3 send-away posters from Cascade detergent.

• Options

This is a neat pickup - and it still fits within my self imposed "vintage" Star Wars from 1977-1983. I am not super crazy about the pre-war baseball playing cards, but the price was too good to pass these up.

1983 Star Wars ROTJ "Play for Power" card game.

There are 13 different images for these cards, and wow did they pick out some random Return of the Jedi characters!

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

Love the cards, love the mail ins, love the comics, love the glasses… thought I would show a sentimental favorite. I had a friend that worked in movie theater in 1983. It actually hung in the theater…

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options

Picked up a solid Mr. Goodbar…

• Options

1981 Star Wars Dixie Cup cards.

These strips of cards were inserted into boxes of Dixe Cups with four cards in each strip. There are a total of nine different panels, but they are very condition sensitive because they are on very thin paper stock and were rolled in the top cup at the top of the Dixie cup box.

• Options

been a while since contributing to the star wars thread. doing some reorganizing and forgot about this silver bar:

mando beskar bar:

• Options
    rjcoy06rjcoy06 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭

Ripped a couple of boxes of the new Star Wars Galaxy Chrome

• Options

@72skywalker said:
    Sorry for the triple picture. Don't know what happened.

A display that cool deserves three pics!