Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

May the Force be With this Thread - Show Off your Star Wars Cards!

13»

Comments

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

@72skywalker I know this is a stupid question...but are all of your encased toys graded? If so, can you share the grades? Are they difficult to get in high grade (like the 1977 Topps Blue series cards and stickers are)?

I truly do not know, because I never had any of the original toys.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭

@threeofsix said:
    @72skywalker I know this is a stupid question...but are all of your encased toys graded? If so, can you share the grades? Are they difficult to get in high grade (like the 1977 Topps Blue series cards and stickers are)?

I truly do not know, because I never had any of the original toys.

Yes. All of the encased carded figures are graded by AFA. They all are graded 75 which I am guessing is like a PSA 7ish. I bought all of them already graded so I am not sure how hard it is to get graded now. I also know that AFA graded figures graded 80 or 85 are almost twice as expensive. I am guessing that most of the ones you see on ebay are 70-75. They present well with some minor creases and such.

Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options

@72skywalker Thanks so much for sharing the details on your collection. It sounds like NM 7 is a great collector level to put such a set together. I love the way they display with all of the loose figures. It makes it come to life!! For the record - I lived a few blocks from the Hasbro factory when I was a kid but we moved long before Star Wars… otherwise I might have hunted enough of their dumpster figures to help you out with your Yakface figure!!! Alas!!! Happy hunting.

Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    ghooper33ghooper33 Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭

1980 Star Wars Yoplait Stickers

This is a fun set from Spain of what I believe are original art stickers. This is a huge set of 50 condition sensitive stickers that were either included with the yogurt or could be redeemed via a mail in set.

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
  • Options

1977 Star Wars Tokyo Queen

This is another set from Japan that was included in small notebooks. There were four different notebooks that contained these cards - I am not sure how rare the intact/unopened notebooks are because I have never seen one. If anyone has a pic please share!

(Apologies for the crappy image - my scanner finally died)

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭

I bet every time a Catholic hears "May the force be with you" they instinctively say (or think of saying) "and also with you" :blush:

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    WillymacWillymac Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2022 6:57PM

Deleted :-(

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

I hope everyone was able to take advantage of the non-sport PSA special last month and has some awesome Star Wars cards to show off soon!

1980 Star Wars Burger King

In 1980, Burger King did a few promotions for the Empire Strikes Back and one of the promotions was a panel of 3 cards. I haven't seen a full panel graded, but I have purchased a bunch of panel sets trying to put together a high grade set of these (which hopefully stays a high grade set once I get my cards back from last month's special :smiley: ). They made a cagillion of these sets, but many cards in the set still do not have a PSA 10.

• Options
    GeneralJimGeneralJim Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2023 8:20PM

@ghooper33 I am hoping someone can give me an idea as to what these are . They remind me of the 1985 Jewel prism basketball set from vending machines.

looking for 1988 Fournier estrellas stickers , 1985 Prism Jewel stickers , anything Jesse Owens .

• Options

@GeneralJim said:
    @ghooper33 I am hoping someone can give me an idea as to what these are . They remind me of the 1985 Jewel prism basketball set from vending machines. >

Hi General Jim,

I don’t know much about these cards, but there has been a full set for sale on eBay for a couple years now in the $7k range. I assume they are like the Prism basketball card set, but I don’t think any have been graded by PSA. They looks awesome!

• Options
    GeneralJimGeneralJim Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

@ghooper33 Thanks that’s awesome , I’ve never seen that listing. How many are in the set ? I bought these years ago as a group of 3 , have never seen any since .

looking for 1988 Fournier estrellas stickers , 1985 Prism Jewel stickers , anything Jesse Owens .

• Options

@ghooper33 said:
    I hope everyone was able to take advantage of the non-sport PSA special last month and has some awesome Star Wars cards to show off soon!

1980 Star Wars Burger King

In 1980, Burger King did a few promotions for the Empire Strikes Back and one of the promotions was a panel of 3 cards. I haven't seen a full panel graded, but I have purchased a bunch of panel sets trying to put together a high grade set of these (which hopefully stays a high grade set once I get my cards back from last month's special :smiley: ). They made a cagillion of these sets, but many cards in the set still do not have a PSA 10.

I'd love to hear how your graded set turns out!!! (I have my childhood set currently up on the registry!)

They are a tough "separate them yourself" set in high grade!!!

Live long, and prosper.
  • Options

@GeneralJim said:
    @ghooper33 Thanks that’s awesome , I’ve never seen that listing. How many are in the set ? I bought these years ago as a group of 3 , have never seen any since .

I don’t know if these cards are worth the seller’s asking price, I think they are pretty rare.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266072164085?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2k0hkCepQOq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Options
    rjcoy06rjcoy06 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2023 2:35PM

new new:

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    A mess of BK ANH/ESB panels ...

I was looking to see if these would be posted. I remember getting those as a kid. I don't think any panels survived in my hands, but I still have some singles kicking around in my non-sports box.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

1977starwarshansolofigure

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

This is as good as I got; dual signed ad slick

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 467 ✭✭✭

I have never seen those prism cards or the noodle vader. Congrats on owning those and thank you for sharing them. Super cool!

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2023 11:59AM

Some cool Star Wars stuff came up for sale on a recent Pawn Stars episode including a mostly signed PSA/DNA '77 Topps Star Wars set.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J31twJqE0E4

edit: some of these may not be recent.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Some cool Star Wars stuff came up for sale on a recent Pawn Stars episode including a mostly signed PSA/DNA '77 Topps Star Wars set.

That signed set is amazing. I wonder if it’s still complete or if it sold in pieces.

• Options

@ghooper33 said:

@erikthredd said:

That signed set is amazing. I wonder if it’s still complete or if it sold in pieces.

I'm not sure if this is the same set but there's one on ebay that has a link to a YT video.

Here's the ebay listing: https://tinyurl.com/3b4bjtd6
    and YT clip: https://youtube.com/shorts/7BNar5Ud-AA?feature=share

• Options

This is pretty cool,obviously he's missing a SW card wall unless I missed it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8bsu-K3eao

• Options

1983 Star Wars Dutch Campina. These stickers were released in ice cream bars in Holland. They are very condition sensitive, and though are listed as released in 1983, show images from Empire. I just received notice that PSA is no longer grading these when I sent in a set that would be an upgrade for me.

• Options

I just got back one of my non-sport special subs from March in.

1980 Star Wars York Peanut Butter Discs: this is a small 6 “card” set from Canada that was inserted under the lids of peanut butter.

These are my first graded discs, and I love the look in the PSA holders.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ghooper33 said:
    I just got back one of my non-sport special subs from March in.

1980 Star Wars York Peanut Butter Discs: this is a small 6 “card” set from Canada that was inserted under the lids of peanut butter.

These are my first graded discs, and I love the look in the PSA holders.

hey ghooper33,
    i dig those peanut butter discs... :)

• Options

I just got back two fantastic additions to my collection. I recently added the mid-90's Star Wars Decipher CCG cards into my sights, and I have a couple of the "Ultra Rare" foil premiums inserted into a set late in the production years. These cards are tough with grading because of the black boarders and rounded corners that seem to like to fray. The foils are especially tough to grade because they are so prone to scratches.

Anyone else collecting the Star Wars Decipher CCG cards?