Home Precious Metals

Is the Reddit crowd going to target Silver shorts?!?!!?

carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭

Destroy that paper metal.

Loves me some shiny!

Comments

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭

Loves me some shiny!
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2021 8:31AM

glad i backed up the 8% bonus truck last night. turning out to be a 12%+ bonus bucks offer.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

Anyone have Elon's number? ;)

Loves me some shiny!

Real chyron on CNBC this morning:
    "Gold down as investors flee to US Dollar as risk appetite wanes"

Loves me some shiny!

The Yellon Put.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fasten your seat belts.... going to be a fun ride for a while...Cheers, RickO

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone else here on reddit besides me? I don't post there but I joined a while ago. Wallstreetbets has made me a little cash for the portfolio, exposing some companies I would have never heard of. APHA being one that I am holding long term.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

stldanceartist yeah some of the coin subs are loose change, ha. I do like the CRH one though.

The show over there is crazy today, they (WSB) have some major eyes on it. Crazy crazy week.

• TPGSTPGS Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

Kitco News Bites.

Army of day-traders piling into silver? As prices rally, analysts point to $40 and higher

https://www.kitco.com/news/2021-01-28/Army-of-day-traders-piling-into-silver-As-prices-rally-analysts-point-to-40-and-higher.html

Social Disruption: complain>>coalesce>>strategize>>blitz>>disrupt

Loves me some shiny!
  • 3stars3stars Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Robinhood has just changed the rules - only allowing accounts to sell the likes of GME, AMC and not buy.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anarchy has a history of waxing and waning appeal among the youthful disillusioned. We seem to be in a waxing period.

edited January 28, 2021 11:29AM

@dpoole said:
    Anarchy has a history of waxing and waning appeal among the youthful disillusioned. We seem to be in a waxing period.

So very true! And when you spread on a layer of mass connectivity wax and another layer of pandemic lock down nihilism wax (with plebeians locked in their homes with gov stimmy checks looking for a roulette wheel), we'll get a shiny new monster.

Loves me some shiny!
  • ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DrBuster said:
    Anyone else here on reddit besides me? I don't post there but I joined a while ago. Wallstreetbets has made me a little cash for the portfolio, exposing some companies I would have never heard of. APHA being one that I am holding long term.

Been on reddit for 11 years. Has gone way down hill since 2015. I still use the /r/coins4sale and /r/pmsforsale subreddits and a few other like WSB and /r/conspiracy and a few other 2a related.

• coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

Robinhood opens almost all accounts as margin, unless you positively decline, so of course they shut down buying. Don't these suckers realize the big players will sell at the high and the millions of little guys will be holding a company that won't make a profit ever again, and they'll lose 50+ %. Pump and dump, the oldest securities scam in town. Now with the internet its become so easy to achieve.

The rationale applied to cutting off avg Joes from buying a stock they want to buy is" The avg Joe doesn't understand, we need to protect this dotard from himself. This is a Zombie company not worth $20 a share"!

Ok.

Would that apply to SLV? The fundamentals both current and historical for Silver (available physical metal, industry, ratio) are well documented as severely out of whack. Not me saying this..many traders,analyst.

As has been outlined in prev links...massive buying and holding of SLV would get very interesting.

Loves me some shiny!
    edited January 28, 2021 3:11PM

Hopefully, Ethereum is on deck. ;)

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TPGS said:
    "Is the Reddit crowd going to target Silver shorts?!?!!?"
    I say heck ya!!

GameStop was to burn hedge funds.
    Silver to burn down JP Morgan. B)

Burn down JPM? Lol according to the bulgarian conspiracy theorists around here JPM is sitting on MILLIONS of ounces.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@TPGS said:
    I say heck ya!!

Burn down JPM? Lol according to the bulgarian conspiracy theorists around here JPM is sitting on MILLIONS of ounces.

thats not real money to a bank

@bronco2078 said:

@blitzdude said:

@TPGS said:
    I say heck ya!!

Yeah I once tried to list gold as an asset at Wells Fargo. Lady told me they can't count gold because that's not a real asset. lol

• bidaskbidask Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2021 7:00PM

@stldanceartist said:

@DrBuster said:

Yes, it's been a good way to sell leftovers from my auctions. The r/coins sub, though, is basically people posting W-mint quarters, brown "toners, and PMD coins thinking they are mint errors. (No offense meant, we all have to start somewhere, but not where I want to spend my time. I'd rather lurk specific coin forums as usual.)

I've been reading about this entire situation and my initial (and persistent) thought has been, "Do you not realize that the rules will be changed once normal people start figuring out how to game them like the people who wrote them in the first place?" It's only inexperience that allows you to believe sticking it to billion-dollar hedge funds will result in anything but disappointment for most average people.

I've also wondered a) who else stands to gain by manipulating these dying companies' stock prices (existing shareholders?) b) if this is an attempt to "crash the system" by those with more sinister intentions.

Apparently this morning the ability to purchase further shares of GME, AMC and other companies has been either removed or significantly diminished, which has somehow surprised people whose plan was to continue buying in order to snowball the losses of those who shorted the stock.

I bought 100 shares of gme this morning to cover my short from yesterday

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Read this somewhere: "It is more than just a little bit hypocritical for the Wall Street establishment to be complaining about GameStop when they have been gaming the system for years."

We might finally get out of this gutter metal yet. RGDS!

• TPGSTPGS Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

This breaks down Wall Street Bets plans to short the silver market.
    They believe the gold to silver ratio is really 8 to 1. You mine 8 ounces silver for every ounce of gold mined.
    Skip down to the down to the middle of the page and read:
    "The short squeeze:"
    "The fundamentals:"
    "What to buy:"
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2021-01-28/goldfix-wall-street-bets-silver-short-thesis-full

None of you lurkers are allowed to post on this thread.

Until spot hits $28

B)

Loves me some shiny!
  • LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver to the moon, and such

It's all about what the people want...

• hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@bronco2078 said:

@blitzdude said:

@TPGS said:
    I say heck ya!!

Yeah I once tried to list gold as an asset at Wells Fargo. Lady told me they can't count gold because that's not a real asset. lol

That is crazy.

If they are, they are doing a pretty bad job.

@3stars said:
    If they are, they are doing a pretty bad job.

Appears the can move an almost bankrupt video store and movie theater but looks like they may of met their match in the metals market.

edited January 29, 2021 12:58PM

There is no evidence that the Reddit crowd is looking at the silver market. SLV volume is heavy but in no way outsized. It was heavier in August.
    The bigger picture is that they will be looking for new conquest and hopefully the populist ray gun will be aimed at Silver.
    The next 6 months may be the same or much more interesting...who knows...but disruption has occurred and that always reverberates.

Loves me some shiny!

@carew4me said:
    There is no evidence that the Reddit crowd is looking at the silver market. SLV volume is heavy but in no way outsized. It was heavier in August.

Sure looks like they were doing more than looking at it to me....

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/silver-market-jitters-display-reddit-100051622.html

Reddit Investors Piling Into Silver Drive Up Prices a Second Day
    Eddie Spence and Yvonne Yue Li
    Fri, January 29, 2021, 12:12 PM
    (Bloomberg) -- Silver jumped for a second day as the market remains on high alert after a call by Reddit posters to create a short squeeze sparked sharp moves on Thursday.

Fake news? Lulz

• jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

@carew4me said:
    The bigger picture is that they will be looking for new conquest and hopefully the populist ray gun will be aimed at Silver.
    The next 6 months may be the same or much more interesting...who knows...but disruption has occurred and that always reverberates.

False. There are many posts that they are looking at the silver market on Reddit. Also, if you look up SLV on Stocktwits, you will note the dramatic message volume increase over the past week. There is no other reason why silver went up so much the past two days.

I agree there is activity. I don't think the activity or focus is significant or sustained enough to really move spot ...
    The hope is that once the GME trades unwind then Silver will get a stronger look. But the silver market is a much different
    beast than a dead brick and mortar play and much harder to move. That being said, silver is neing talked bout, written about. We should all be overjoyed!

Loves me some shiny!
  • jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

@carew4me said:
    I agree there is activity. I don't think the activity or focus is significant or sustained enough to really move spot ...
    The hope is that once the GME trades unwind then Silver will get a stronger look. But the silver market is a much different
    beast than a dead brick and mortar play and much harder to move. That being said, silver is neing talked bout, written about. We should all be overjoyed!

Correct, 100%. I wasn't sure what you meant in that prior post. Silver is a very different beast with the heavy manipulation by the huge banks. It's not as hard to move a stock with a market cap < $1B lol

The banks have been manipulating the silver price higher for a good 10 months now. Once they stop it's back to the gutter. THKS!

• bidaskbidask Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask said:

Gee whiz I feel like I should be on robinhood and read Reddit WSB

I shorted GME again and covered same day today

Never done that in my entire 40 year career

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

If silver gets to $1000 (or even $100) who's going to buy it. No dealer is going to pay you $10k for your 10 oz bars because they know it will drop like a huge brick shortly.

• hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask said:

@bidask said:

Gee whiz I feel like I should be on robinhood and read Reddit WSB

I shorted GME again and covered same day today

Never done that in my entire 40 year career

Smart

• meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

Robinhood just announced they are capping holdings in 36 stocks... SLV is included....

Look out below?

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

@meluaufeet said:
    Robinhood just announced they are capping holdings in 36 stocks... SLV is included....

I thought manipulation in silver didn’t exit

It's all about what the people want...

It occurs when a group aka banksters, robinhooders attempt to artificially increase the silver price. The suppression conspiracy is all just Bulgarian noise.

edited January 30, 2021 8:23AM

@3stars said:
    If silver gets to $1000 (or even $100) who's going to buy it. No dealer is going to pay you $10k for your 10 oz bars because they know it will drop like a huge brick shortly.

If silver gets to $1000 (or even $100) it is because someone is buying at that price. It's called price discovery.

edited January 30, 2021 8:23AM

@blitzdude said:
    It occurs when a group aka banksters, robinhooders attempt to artificially increase the silver price. The suppression conspiracy is all just Bulgarian noise.

Tell that to the GME shorts. LOL

“A bunch of guys made a bet, got killed, then doubled and tripled down and got killed even more.”

• jrt103jrt103 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭

Someone posted on Twitter:

Billionaires: "600$ is a lot of money if you invest it wisely"

Also Billionaires "Wait, no. Not like that."