Home Precious Metals
Options

Is the Reddit crowd going to target Silver shorts?!?!!?

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, can we officially call the reddit brigade a black swan?

I vote yes; sudden, unexpected, and a major market influence.

"When the rule of law collapses, civilization can no longer survive." - Martin Armstrong

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I use Coinbase for my crypto and I am not looking forward to the hassle of the day that I want to convert to cash.
    Maybe Dogecoin would be easier :#

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

doggycoin is a crypto not a trading platform.

"When the rule of law collapses, civilization can no longer survive." - Martin Armstrong

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dodgy coin

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

I use TD Ameritrade. I do not endorse them though. I have had some friction trying to borrow certain ETF shares. I'm thinking the market will recognize which platform executes the best trades with the least restrictions.... and money will flow towards them... we'll find them soon enough.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2021 5:07PM

@goldrealmoney79 said:
    @meluaufeet
    This si why I need to leave robinhood. Are there other free trade brokers anyone here can recommend? I dont like the feeling that I cant unload my shares or im not being allowed into trades with these guys.
    Cant believe they expect to IPO. at this rate, theyll be lucky to survive.

Almost all trading platforms have 0 commission trades. I have Fidelity and Schwab and all my trades are $0. Check the minimums. That I'm not sure of

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Not all of my trades on TD Ameritrade are $0.

• Options
    10000lakes10000lakes Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭

Etrade has zero commissions on buy orders and sell orders get some kind of small fee tacked on. I think it's some kind of exchange fee they pass along on the sales.

• Options
    Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭✭

@carew4me said:
    None of you lurkers are allowed to post on this thread.

Until spot hits $28

B)

It's 28 baby.

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭

@Clackamas1 said:

@carew4me said:
    None of you lurkers are allowed to post on this thread.

Until spot hits $28

B)

It's 28 baby.

Big Hug. You're Welcome. 💎🙌🚀 💎🙌🚀 💎🙌🚀 💎🙌🚀

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

As I predicted, a nothing burger, just a little temporary bun.

• Options

@derryb said:

Wow. Tough crowd!

Here is what comes with your nothing burger

*The Silver market is being talked about on just about Every news channel
    *New physical metal buyers have flooded in (don't we have a BST thread??? Are more buyers good or bad???)
    *Bullion dealers are sold out across the board, this is a very rare occurrence
    -->JM Bullion CEO on CNBC "We've sold 260,000 SAEs in 3 days, well beyond anything we have seen before"
    *Will this frenzy help or hurt Silver? :D

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2021 11:48AM

@carew4me said:

@derryb said:

Wow. Tough crowd!

Here is what comes with your nothing burger

*The Silver market is being talked about on just about Every news channel
    *New physical metal buyers have flooded in (don't we have a BST thread??? Are more buyers good or bad???)
    *Bullion dealers are sold out across the board, this is a very rare occurrence
    -->JM Bullion CEO on CNBC "We've sold 260,000 SAEs in 3 days, well beyond anything we have seen before"
    *Will this frenzy help or hurt Silver? :D

Yet, after all that, silver is up less than $2. The expectations of the Reddit Brigade (RB) affecting shorts on the futures exchange were clearly over valued. Lot of frenzy, a little price move. What they did was temporarily drive up premiums. If they are smart they are now shorting SLV.

Yes the pre-market frenzy did increase demand but only for the short term, I sold 25 tubes last night. What it didn't do is break the futures shorters nor send the price through the roof as many expected. As I explained numerous times yesterday, the RB cannot directly affect the futures exchange. All they can hope to do is temporarily increase physical demand a bit by instilling fear and that they did. Reminded me of 12/31/1999 when all the computers were supposed to lock up at midnight. However, by end of the week everyone with have their 'panic' silver and price will more than likely drop back the $2 it climbed.

Bullion dealers were not and are not sold out across the board. They pulled their product because they were sold on the coming skyrocket in prices. I notice APMEX, who was out of product last night because of "strong demand" is suddenly back this morning with hundreds of monster boxes available. I guess the US mint made a midnight delivery. Obviously they pulled their product because they too were sold on the coming moon shot.

I'm likely the biggest fan of silver you will find on this forum. But when it comes to analysis, particularly yesterday, emotion and hope should be checked at the door.

• Options

As expected... COMEX just increased margins on the silver future contracts. VXSLV closed at 78.81 (low of the day) with a top tick @ 137.95

COMEX did this in May 2011

• Options
    edited February 1, 2021 6:47PM

CRIMEX has better weapons than the Bandits.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2021 6:46PM

What’s all that mean for someone not “in the game”

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the COMEX stopped this criminal manipulation right in it's tracks.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    edited February 1, 2021 6:55PM

Yep, their playbook has many more pages and they've been around a whole lot longer.

The COMEX will eventually break but it's gonna take a whole lot more demand for physical than the RB can muster. It will be the result of a loss of faith in the money masters and their funny money and not a result of faith in a bunch of gamers.

• Options

Perhaps the party is not yet over. There's a lot more going on out there then just the manipulation noise coming from these gamers. Time will tell but then again tomorrow is Groundhog Day.

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    Perhaps the party is not yet over.

In this financial climate? The silver party that really started in 2008 can only continue to get wilder.

• Options
    edited February 1, 2021 9:19PM

The weekend winners are the bullion dealers who are now asking $40+ for an ASE with spot at $28. As we all know high premiums never stick as long as COMEX is functioning. Anyone paying a 40% premium needs to do their homework.

These are the same dealers who were "sold out" yesterday when ASEs were priced at $30, but suddenly got unlimited $40 ASEs overnight. lol

• Options

@derryb said:
    The weekend winners are the bullion dealers who are now asking $40+ for an ASE with spot at $28. As we all know high premiums never stick as long as COMEX is functioning. Anyone paying a 40% premium needs to do their homework.

These are the same dealers who were "sold out" yesterday when ASEs were priced at $30, but suddenly got unlimited $40 ASEs overnight. lol

Never thought I would see the day but I'm proud of you. You are finally starting to see the light. RGDS!!!

• Options

I could could less about the WSB crew and what they think or do. But, I have a big stack of shiny after 25 years, so all this attention is fantastic, unexpected and welcomed. o:)

I simply used the froth to buy AGQ via my Roth for the first time Friday noon and dumped Monday around 3 pm.

Its was the the most obvious gain to be had since buying Amazon stock (still a no Brainer at $3200 per),

But now that Comex has pulled out their tool belt. I'm out , even if AG spikes again. nope. not me. very happy and thanks again for the buzz and excitement. Hope it continues! <3

hope they keep talking about Silver..that is great...I have never seen Silver dominate the news cycle like that..even in 2011.

(also sold off 3 rolls of spotty dogs at 32 oz) >:) .

hmmmmm....what is ZSL trading at this morning????...J/K LOL.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

The wsb guys never planned to do the silver squeeze. One dude posted about it I think and CNBC ran with it, they never made the play.

• Options

@DrBuster said:
    The wsb guys never planned to do the silver squeeze. One dude posted about it I think and CNBC ran with it, they never made the play.

Looks like the FED are not the only ones who can "talk up" a market.

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 963 ✭✭✭✭

You have to feel for those buying GME @ $300 or the lot of 100 ASE's off eBay for $4400.

Sold 6 tubes of generic to my local shop for $31. He had it sold @ $35 before I left the parking lot. In a few weeks when the credit card bills start coming due the deals will be available...

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@DrBuster said:

And there was still a bit of a stir. If there was a concerted effort it would go to 50 imho

• Options

@DNADave said:

@derryb said:

@DrBuster said:

And there was still a bit of a stir. If there was a concerted effort it would go to 50 imho

>

Exactly. It accomplished more in 1 day than 15 years of PM message board whining. B)

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    edited February 3, 2021 7:33AM

Fake News? In the financial press?

• Options
    edited February 3, 2021 3:09PM

old rats on a new ship

It's OK for the big boys to steer the market course, but there's a sudden need for congressional hearings when the retail players fight back.

• Options

SLV looks like a decent short term trade long right here.

• Options
    edited February 3, 2021 4:23PM

if you're sure about SLV you can triple down your bet with USLVF. It's over the counter and not available on all trading platforms. I know TD Ameritrade offers it and RH doesn't.

I've got UVXY in the bull pen warming up. Ninth inning approaching but there's a rain delay; it's pouring new dollars. I'm betting the ump's gonna get tired of waiting and yell "let's play ball."

• Options

I don't like trading USLVF. Have a couple of scars from that one. Lol

• Options

@derryb put UVXY on my watch list. Mahalo

• Options

UVXY - would not touch this with new round of stimulus checks on deck

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    BearlyHereBearlyHere Posts: 269 ✭✭✭✭

I had silver shorts once but they were very uncomfortable.

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ended up writing a very long post. Sorry. But here's a first hand account of the silver squeeze that actually happened with verifiable events and data. And also some relevant precious metals due diligence within the links.

Well, round 1 of the "reddit silver squeeze" was hedge fund propaganda. The hobby had stayed fairly isolated to coin collectors, preppers, doomsdayers, hobbyists and casual stackers. GME was halted, and the ability to sell was taken away. Before the next morning, silver ads were bought and CNBC pumped $SLV. It was suddenly all over the media. Articles on trading apps filled their news feeds to buy buy buy $SLV, because it's real money and will help you during covid! Fake accounts were made sharing photos of big silver bars (a lot by the same white guy and a lot with the same serial numbers). New rules had to be implemented on coin subreddits because of a massive slew of millions of bots.

Then hedge funds took their $SLV back with everyone's money as the dust settled. Millions of bots disappeared seemingly overnight and the ads were gone and the media moved on.

But it looks like this pump and dump of silver by hedgefunds has backfired. Reddit and other GME holders started to take a closer look at physical silver and COMEX, picking apart numbers.and settlements banks pay for rigging the market.

Now there's blood in the water. I bet the hedge funds didn't see this as a consequence of their pump and dump.

"If there is a shortage of something it's because the price is too low."

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/ljsu1c/there_is_officially_a_silver_shortage_and_silver/

I think it's absolutely hilarious that these hedge funds did a couple million dollar pump and dump, and have now ended up without any silver! Hah!! Like of all situations that could make paper silver even worse, haha. Now people who never cared for it are buying buckets of it.

I told you guys we would suddenly face an event that fundamentally changes the pricing structure of gold and silver. People are paying $50 per round and loving it, like I said last spring. We will continue to have mini squeezes until it really pops off.

See also:

SLV just amended it's prospectus saying they'll never able to cover (you gotta see this):

@derryb :)

Were it not for Bitcoin and Ethereum, more people would have fallen into the JP Morgan trap and had lifelong stores of wealth wiped out like my grandfathers did. Or like how they stole over 20 grand from me. This is why I am happy to see this fall apart.

• Options

Is Riot Blockchain being targeted? Crazy gains recently.

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

• Options

Update from the reddit crowd.

"March is gearing up to potentially be an earth-shattering month for delivery requests that could send silver soaring."

• Options

Epic Post. More information in 1 post than 5 years worth Kitco BS.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2021 1:33PM

"Is the Reddit crowd going to target Silver shorts?!?!!?"

Yes, with an advertising blitz (no, not the guy) to "BUY SILVER" funded by GoFundMe.

Be interesting to see if and who shuts it down.

• Options
    edited February 27, 2021 2:51PM

@derryb said:

Yes, with an advertising blitz (no, not the guy) to "BUY SILVER" funded by GoFundMe.

Be interesting to see if and who shuts it down.

LOL, Sounds like Ivan is going to be running off with a bunch of $$$ (although only $15K so far). Remind those little whippersnappers if they don't hold it they don't own it.

• Options

@derryb said:

Looks like the retailers are behind the move:

• Options

Just curious derryb...as someone who haunts these PM boards daily (6 post A DAY avg for 14 YEARS!, wow!)...

you don't like a billboard campaign pushing shiny to the masses?

what if this is just a massive conspiracy to MAKE PEOPLE AWARE OF AND PURCHASE SILVER!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2021 7:51PM

@carew4me said:
    Just curious derryb...as someone who haunts these PM boards daily (6 post A DAY avg for 14 YEARS!, wow!)...

Your math skills are pretty impressive. However, your deduction skills show a need for major improvement. lol

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dunno.... but if they are, maybe they should stop?? They appear to be driving the price down....

----- kj
  • Options

blitzdude is that guy on ev> @derryb said:

@carew4me said:

Your math skills are pretty impressive. However, your deduction skills show a need for major improvement. lol

You may be right. I don't buy slabbed bullion either :#

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

Fundraising Goal Achieved.

Sorry PM board ghosts :(

it looks like Billboards are going up internationally .... I mean these fools are suggesting people to BUY Silver (worthless gutter metal)?!?!?

This won't end well. I mean WE SHOULD KNOW. This board full of fools. Why don't they ask us about PMs so we can warn them....AMIRIGHT?

Anyway here is the the first list where they are going up. (I WISH WE COULD WARN PEOPLE TO STAY AWAY FROM PMs)

• TESLA HEADQUARTERS
    • OUTSIDE LBMA (LONDON)
    • HSBC HEADQUARTERS (LONDON)
    • JP MORGAN (NEW YORK)
    • DEUTSCHE BANK (GERMANY)
    • DUBLIN (IRELAND)
    • YELLOWHEAD (CANADA)
    • MOSCOW CITY (RUSSIA)
    • RHB BANK (SINGAPORE)
    • OUTSIDE OF CNBC HEADQUARTERS (USA)
    • TRANS CANADA HIGHWAY (CANADA)
    • ORLANDO ANAHEIM (USA)
    • JAPAN
    • ATLANTIC CITY
    • MEXICO CITY

WE WILL BE MAKING A LEDGER SO EVERY DIME IS CORRECTLY SPENT FOR RAISING AWARENESS ON SILVERSQUEEZE

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

looking forward to images of the billboards.

And, they are right; the only way to beat the CRIMEX shorts is to overwhelm the market with physical demand.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 3, 2021 7:44AM

The small position I have in RKT enjoyed the reddit action the past 2 days :) The beatdown today should be epic.