Home U.S. Coin Forum

Rick Snow?

I just heard that he had to close his business. His website and ebay store are down...anyone have any idea what happened here?

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW!! That is a shock!! No idea what has happened. Hope all is well, maybe just the pandemic slump. Cheers, RickO

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

If anyone knows for sure, other than Rick, it would be @ThePennyLady .
    Lance.

• PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkeigwin said:
    If anyone knows for sure, other than Rick, it would be @ThePennyLady .
    Lance.

No one would know better than the PennyLady
    that being said maybe TOO much info isn't good at this point

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just did a search and his website came up and I had no problem loading it and viewing it.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

I left Rick a message. His website did also come up, but without the usual coin offerings. I pray all is well.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I saw that too, only the main page comes up. Nothing on the Ebay side either. Hope all is well.

• shortnockshortnock Posts: 369 ✭✭✭

Wishing you well.

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear that, Rick. I too wish you well. Please hang in there. You deserve a fair chance to make things right and I'm sure you want to.
    Lance.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

I truly wish you the very best. You have always been great to me, both with my collection and as a teacher. I thank you for that and you and yours will be in my prayers. Best of luck, my friend.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope it all works out for all, sounds pretty headache inducing to me. Best of luck.

• astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn ... so sorry to hear, Rick. I wish you well. Stay strong and work through this the best you can. You have a lot of supporters out here!

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

It all depends on the wording of the contract re when and how this investor can legally get his money. I don't know any specifics about the situation, wish Rick my best, and will say nothing further about the matter.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope everything gets sorted out and returns to normal. I'm sorry to hear this.

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best of luck working through this Rick.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rick, I am praying and hoping that everything is made right for you. You are one of the good guys!!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Clackamas1Clackamas1 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rick - I wish you well. I have never had even the hint of a bad deal with you over the last 20 years. At the end of the day you are a giant in our community. I once had to deal with a hostile takeover and calling it hostile is an under statement.

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EagleEye

I don't know you personally, but wish you all the best in your situation. In the past 4 years that I've been in this hobby, all I've heard is good things about you and how you have helped so many in this hobby. Hopefully, that will be worth something and help you get through this.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't quote Mr. Snow in case he wanted to go back and edit his remarks.

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BryceM said:
    Wow Rick, it's refreshing to see someone so open and upfront about something as difficult as this. Best of luck to you. Legal stuff is always twice as painful as it needs to be and takes 5 times longer than it should. The lawyers always win.... everyone else, well, not always. I hope you land on your feet, and soon.

This.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EagleEye
    I really hope you will consider editing your post, or at least let your lawyer review it.

I don't care how obvious a case may seem or what verbal conversations you've had, it never helps to put incriminating statements in writing while the case is ongoing.

• SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck Rick!!!

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DCWDCW Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best of luck to Rick, a fine forum member and friend of the hobby.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope @EagleEye via his counsel can settle this before before fees go exponential.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2021 6:35PM

@ms70 said:

Even better the mods should delete this entire thread because of all the people who just can't resist being really crappy public defenders.

I'd like to play law professor: this is a civil matter, not a criminal one.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2021 6:49PM

@abcde12345 said:
    R. Snow: I hope your adversary doesn't read this as you pretty much admitted you are guilty.

Oh, yea. Whenever I get sued, which unfortunately happens on a routine basis, my Attorney(s) always remind me not to talk to ANYONE about the case.

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skier07 said:
    Why is Rick disclosing this type of information on a public forum? There is no upside potential to this.

It does prevent pages and pages of threads and threads of usually misinformation that could be more harmful than what was admitted to.

• NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

Goodluck and hope everything works out for you Rick.

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Crypto said:
    They can’t take your brain. No matter how it shakes out there will always be a seat at the table for the guy who wrote the book. Small cents are the backbone of the hobby. GL

Well said.

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck Sir

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• barberkeysbarberkeys Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck Rick.

Vern
    l
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.
  • savitalesavitale Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. I wish you the best of luck as you work through this.

• UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wishing you well Rick.

I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best of luck, Rick!

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm at a loss for words right now. That's rare

Rick, fight the good fight

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:
    I hope the moderator of the forums has the good sense to remove this thread.

The sooner the better.

• tcollectstcollects Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

God bless the United States Bankruptcy Code

• CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck Rick.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

This discussion has been closed.