Home Sports Talk

Doug Pederson under fire

13»

Comments

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not responding any more in this thread unless I get paid to do it.

My price is $50 per sentence, but there is a Wednesday special today of three sentences for $100.

Payable in cash, silver, or gold. PSA graded Mantles acceptable.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

My price is $50 per sentence, but there is a Wednesday special today of three sentences for $100.

This thread is a perfect example of how absolutely meaningless things get blown WAY out of proportion.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

@stevek said:

This thread is a perfect example of how absolutely meaningless things get blown WAY out of proportion.

Regardless of your opinion it’s actually a pretty big sports story and it’s all over the internet. CU Sports Talk should be covering this unless you prefer another who is the GOAT type thread 🤷‍♂️

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Tabe said:

@stevek said:

The coach just wanted to see what the rookie QB could do in that situation under pressure. While at the same time trying to win the game. That's all it was.

This explanation would make more sense if the coach hadn't pulled a rookie in favor of a FOURTH-YEAR quarterback. Sudfeld joined the Eagles in 2017.

And again had he also taken the easy 3 points at the half as well. Nothing can be said to argue against this being an epic bush league game by the Eagles. The only question was it Pederson himself or was he following orders. Case closed and it’s not even remotely debatable. Anyone that disagrees just doesn’t understand the game of football. 🤷‍♂️

stevek understands he is just in fan defense mode , logical thinking isn't required for that.

If you recall he also defended Joe Paterno :D

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

@Tabe said:

@stevek said:

The coach just wanted to see what the rookie QB could do in that situation under pressure. While at the same time trying to win the game. That's all it was.

This explanation would make more sense if the coach hadn't pulled a rookie in favor of a FOURTH-YEAR quarterback. Sudfeld joined the Eagles in 2017.

And again had he also taken the easy 3 points at the half as well. Nothing can be said to argue against this being an epic bush league game by the Eagles. The only question was it Pederson himself or was he following orders. Case closed and it’s not even remotely debatable. Anyone that disagrees just doesn’t understand the game of football. 🤷‍♂️

stevek understands he is just in fan defense mode , logical thinking isn't required for that.

💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

@Tabe said:

@stevek said:

Thanks for remembering. :D

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

@Tabe said:

@stevek said:

💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

💥 What, over something Bronco posts? :D

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thi> @stevek said:

edited January 6, 2021 2:11PM

@doubledragon said:
    Thi> @stevek said:

!

Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in.

;)

edited January 6, 2021 5:32PM

And I promise to keep this thread up to date, I have my google search programmed with the words "Latest Doug Pederson tanking news", so if anything new develops, I'll be right on top of it!

😂😂😂😂😂

Oh, Pat Mcafee supports Cris Collinsworth's on-air comments about the Doug Pederson tanking scandal. This is one for the home team!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportscasting.com/cris-collinsworths-recent-comments-garnered-a-fired-up-reaction-from-pat-mcafee/?amp

chris is a dink , he sucks in the booth . I hate listening to him so if hes against anything im for it

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@stevek said:

Regardless of your opinion it’s actually a pretty big sports story and it’s all over the internet. CU Sports Talk should be covering this unless you prefer another who is the GOAT type thread 🤷‍♂️

Thank you! Proved my point perfectly, and I really don't believe you can prove who a GOAT is.

Since I think this is a ridiculous discussion, I will not be returning, but have fun to those that disagree!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

This is the latest Doug Pederson tanking cartoon, hot off the press!

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are 14 teams in the playoffs. The talking heads on TV just spent 30 minutes talking about the Cowboys and Dak. Let’s not be the talking heads. Let’s talk about what’s relevant, like the Buffalo Bills.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

This is Double D reporting to you live on the latest development in the Doug Pederson tanking scandal. There has been a video released of Jalen Hurts after Doug Pederson benched him, and in the video, Jalen Hurts appears to be saying, "It's not right". Here is the video evidence.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2021 6:36PM

DD SpyCam ( patent pending )

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

No pick in the draft is guaranteed to make into the Pros. You should play to win at that level Jalen Hurts was playing to win. Maybe that's why Peterson took him out. :'(

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

One thing I haven't heard discussed is the lack of guarantee that a draftee signs with a team. There has been more than one instance of a draft pick refusing to sign with a team (Eli Manning and Chargers).

It would be sweet justice for Pederson to pull a move like this to get a certain draft pick and then once the pick is made the player refuse to sign with a team that is willing to throw games.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

@AFLfan said:
    One thing I haven't heard discussed is the lack of guarantee that a draftee signs with a team. There has been more than one instance of a draft pick refusing to sign with a team (Eli Manning and Chargers).

It would be sweet justice for Pederson to pull a move like this to get a certain draft pick and then once the pick is made the player refuse to sign with a team that is willing to throw games.

Agreed 100%. I also mentioned in the Jets thread that it would be absolutely hilarious had the Jets secured the #1 pick and Lawrence decided to stay at Clemson

edited January 7, 2021 10:00AM

Jason Kelce said in December about tanking "The moment the team feels like you as an organization aren't doing your job for me to go out there and win, all of a sudden you've shown who you are. You don't care about me or this team."

If I were drafted by the Eagles, I would take a long, hard look at this incident, and I wouldn't like what I see. I was watching this game, and was disgusted. Those guys were out there fighting their guts out to win and Doug Pederson just threw it all away like it was nothing.

And next year is next year, you need to show respect to the guys on THIS years team, that went through all this covid crap, and endured a hard season. Give them a chance to win their last game of a season that was anything but normal. They earned a chance to win their last game. Well, congrats Doug, you went from 9th to 6th.

From 9th to 6th.

ya you are all wrong :D

NFL football is only about the allmighty dollar

Now that I've cleared that up

edited January 7, 2021 5:04PM

The latest Doug Pederson tanking meme, hot off the press!

So, we meet again.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss bronco2078

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......