Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Good riddance 2020.

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some billboards say it all. Ventura Blvd

Happy New Year!

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that it will be wonderful to put 2020 in the rear view mirror.

I got a survey from amazon today where one question made me gag. I cannot post it here or the thread will get poofed. Fits right in with Mark's photos.

Time to start looking for another on-line retailer.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would look for another bank!

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bye 2020, l sure won't forget ya!

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:

:#

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭✭✭

If hindsight is 20/20

the only 2020 I want to see is in the rear view mirror

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2021 12:21AM

@TPGS said:
    Why is 2021 going to be any different than 2020? Does everything change at midnight? No it doesn't.

You maybe right but 2020 was a dog and it's in the books already. Hope

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TPGS said:
    Why is 2021 going to be any different than 2020? Does everything change at midnight? No it doesn't.

Exactly my thoughts. It is not the calendar year, but what we make of the time.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

But what if that bank has rolls of coins? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess it all comes down to how you choose to look at the glass. B)

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

To quote our friend @1630Boston, 2020 was a wicked pissah!

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to say good-bye to 2020. :)

For me it was a big improvement, 2019 was one of the worse years I remember.

Wishing everybody here all the best for the new year. :)<3

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Outside of the pandemic 2020 will go down as one of the best years of my life. As the saying goes, life is what you make it. Merry New Years! THKS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

What are you nerds still doing here ?

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

FYI those signs didnt last long even in California. I washed my eyes out with sanitizer after seeing that

m

I hope you didn't bend over to wash out your eyes with sanitizer from that sign. :#

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats congrats @Boosibri :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

2020 was a rotten year in almost every way imaginable.

On the coin roll searching front it was a bust. It ended in a fitting way when a friend was able to wrestle a couple rolls of new quarters (zilch in the 1 roll I opened) and 3 rolls of new nickels.

The one roll of nickels I opened was solid 2020Ps, but they were consistently the ugliest and dirtiest new nickels I have ever seen.

Good riddance 2020.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@abcde12345 said:

@Jimnight said:

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tom147 said:
    Stealing this from someone else. " After midnight hindsight will be 2020 " NO, everything doesn't change at midnight. But given we now have a vaccine ( which I got mine yesterday. Frontline EMS worker ) Hopefully we can turn the corner and get through this. Getting pretty d*%mn tired of this Covid crap.

Thank you for your service Tom! I share your optimism. This will be a tough Winter, but I think we will see some normalcy by Autumn.

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

With the ongoing pandemic and Trump still in office, tomorrow will look like 13-1-2020.......

That being said, looking forward to seeing 2020 in hindsight.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, 2020 sure has given us all a good hard look at who's who and what's what.

Hope everybody stays safe in the New Year.

mirabela
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

No reason to believe 2021 will be any better, but lots of reasons to think it will be worse.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:
    While on the whole, 2020 was a horrible year, what I will remember is 365 days in a row with my beautiful wife and the birth of my little girl who I’ve been able to see for the entirety of her life vs my previous travel ladden schedule. Silver linings in a sh*t storm.

What happened on the 366th day? Let’s not forget 2020 actually was a bit longer than usual!

Anyway, congratulations on your baby girl. I have a 6-year old and a 20-month old and it’s been wonderful to spend so much time with them and see them grow.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy New Year Doc and Thank you

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2021 12:12AM

E

• Options
    chesterbchesterb Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cya, wouldn’t want to be ya!

• Options
    Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a great year 🤷🏼‍♂️

BHNC #248 … 108 and counting.

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy new year all and a healthy one

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2021 4:14AM

I remember the Canoga Bowl in the San Fernando Valley- I suspect by now it is either gone or has been remodeled. It had a terrific mid century look

edited to add Happy New Year everyone

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

HNY.....bye-bye 2020.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file