Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

November to Remember card purchases..... for election month 2020!

Comments

• Options
    graygatorgraygator Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2020 6:18AM

@pdub1819 said:
    Excited to share. I’ve been wanting this card for such a long time. Looks like the “alteration” was someone’s attempt to remove some residue from the back.

>

Awesome card! I dream of getting one eventually.

At least when you buy altered you can be sure to get what you pay for.

• Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

@graygator said:

@pdub1819 said:
    Excited to share. I’ve been wanting this card for such a long time. Looks like the “alteration” was someone’s attempt to remove some residue from the back.

>

Awesome card! I dream of getting one eventually.

At least when you buy altered you can be sure to get what you pay for.

Thanks! I was even looking for a proper protective case for it.

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2020 2:16PM

A basketball rc.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pdub1819 said:

Great looking Gehrig. Congrats.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dewey!! Love oddballs like that.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

@JBL said:

Wow!!! Nice looking cards for the grade. Congrats.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

two successful crossovers delivered today

and then these were recent purchases that arrived today as well.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow Tim, that is one hell of a sub!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

@BJY83 said:
    Picked up this game used and signed Dale Murphy bat for under $100 where the seller failed to mention it being used in his listing.

I collect game used bats and that my friend is a steal! Great buy!

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2020 6:36AM

^ next seat over woulda been his jersey #. like optic contenders cards! 😉

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:

upper edge chipping retouched? left edge looks tapered maybe?

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dictoresno said:

@NGS428 said:

upper edge chipping retouched? left edge looks tapered maybe?

Very possibly something with that upper edge.

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

This guy was a good QB.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@orioles93 said:
    Just got these big boys back from PSA. Very happy with the grades, and super excited about the Alcindor. Wilt will be for sale if anyone is interested,

Wow that is incredible

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options

@orioles93 said:
    Just got these big boys back from PSA. Very happy with the grades, and super excited about the Alcindor. Wilt will be for sale if anyone is interested,

Big time congrats. An Alcindor 8 is a major hit!! !Wowsers.

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭

@orioles93 said:

the kareem abdul-jabbar is really nice.

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

@orioles93 said:

Wow awesome return on the Lew Alcindor. I'm interested in the Wilt as I need that card to finish off my set. PM sent.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    These are from my collectors club sub that just got home from Newport Beach today and are now freshly scanned. Extra bonus? The 1968 Topps Posters Cut Out is the new top pop.

Gotta admit. The 92 FLEER Nelson threw me off a bit. One of these things is not like the other....

• Options

Saturday’s and today’s mail. Never had a decent looking Ripken rc. It’s not his Topps traded but I’m happy nonetheless. Also happy with the Rodgers and Moss who happens to be Jerry Jones biggest regret not drafting in 98. Couple Cowboys added to my team sets. Weird seeing no star on T Hill’s helmet. Was that a licensing thing for Topps back then ?

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:

These are from my collectors club sub that just got home from Newport Beach today and are now freshly scanned. Extra bonus? The 1968 Topps Posters Cut Out is the new top pop.

Gotta admit. The 92 FLEER Nelson threw me off a bit. One of these things is not like the other....

Don’t feel bad; it’s the card everyone is talking about right now.

Run on ‘92 Fleer!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:

Run on ‘92 Fleer!

Definitely jealous of that Nelson. Have only been able to find it in an 8.

Jason

• Options

@NGS428 said:

Run on ‘92 Fleer!

Hype train!!!

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:

@NGS428 said:

Run on ‘92 Fleer!

Hype train!!!

BREAKOUT CARD OF 2021

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dad2cl3 said:
    Scored a very rare card today. The date is a little unclear but definitely some time between 1947 and 1950 and produced by the Sunday Mail Junior Sports Club. It is believed they were made available to club members at club rallies.

Jason

FWIW, Alan Jenkins has this set listed as 1950 on his website. He puts an enormous amount of research into each of his posts, so unless proven otherwise, I'd assume his data is correct w/ 1950. Cool item, thanks for sharing!

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Won some rack packs from a heritage auction! The bottom 3 are partially torn, which is disappointing. The plastic is a lot more delicate on these. Gonna rip the 3 partially torn ones, keep the rest sealed up!

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Alomar journey continues. Every pickup can't be exciting :D

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today in the mail!

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rofles said:
    Perhaps the nicest example of the Valenzuela I’ve pulled! Darn chip on the side though 😣

If Mike Scioscia ever makes the HoF, does this become the Scioscia rookie?

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps! I’ll tell ya what though, if he ever makes it the this card would def increase in value!

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rofles said:

Perhaps! I’ll tell ya what though, if he ever makes it the this card would def increase in value!

Once (If) Scioscia makes the HOF, this card will then be a requirement to complete the HOF rookie registry set plus the 1981 Topps HOF registry set. The demand will almost certainly increase, and it's already a popular card to begin with, with well known condition problems likely keeping it from ever hitting a PSA 10. This card has been cracked and resubmitted so many times chasing that 10 that there is no way the pop report accurately reflects the true number of graded 9s. There surely are still a lot of raw 302s out there with 9 potential, but, in my opinion, the real count on graded 9s is waaay less than what people think. I've thought for awhile that the investment potential was there, but have only picked up a couple for myself.