thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@orioles93 said:

@thisistheshow said:

@orioles93 said:

@thisistheshow said:

@orioles93 said:

@thisistheshow said:

@orioles93 said:
    Washington is a QB and a WR away from being very competitive in my opinion. The defense is young, cheap and loaded. Gibson and McLaurin are stars in the making on offense. They have a ton of cap space as well. I see them using a ton of draft capital on offense this year and going after a WR and QB in free agency. Stafford and Allen Robinson in my opinion make this a for sure playoff team next year.

I agree, but what other directions do you think they might go in terms of QB?

I don’t see them drafting a QB. If they win the division they’ll pick at 18, so all the high end QBs in the draft will be gone. Rivera has also said they don’t want to do a lengthy rebuild cause they have a solid young defense in place and they don’t want to waste it while developing a QB. I think they’ll use their cap space and spend on a free agent. Options this year could include Prescott, Newton, Stafford, Ryan, Winston, and probably a few others depending on who resigns and doesn’t.

I know Alex Smith is out now, but is there talk of his return? What do you think about him?

Edit to add: you can have Newton.. 😂

Smith is the best option they have now. He can control the game and win games with lack of mistakes alone. But he is 37, coming off a major injury, and just doesn’t do much other than manage the game and protect the ball. He’s not the long term answer, or is h the answer if they are serious about a playoff run. Stafford and Prescott are obviously the best choices. Ryan could be a solid option for a few years. The only positive for Newton would be he knows Rivera and Turners offense already.

I am a Pats fan but love near Dallas. I'd love to get Dak in NE. He has the "it" factor.

I see Washington, Chicago, and SF having a bidding war for Prescott if he is deemed fully healthy.

Dallas plans on franchising Dak again. They would need to give picks and and work out a deal with him, I suppose.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giants hired an excellent young coach. I like Daniel Jones but need to see him put it all together in a healthy full season. This defense has been really good - without much fanfare - and has kept them in just about every game.

I also love the fact that their hand is now forced to draft offensive or defensive linemen - something they’ve gotten away from (and has been the root cause) in the maddening descent from champs in ‘11 to one of the worst teams, statistically speaking, in the league.

To give Jones and Barkley a chance to thrive there needs to be some wins at the point of attack. And I say some because they’ve gotten almost none again this year, generating most yardage with deception runs and quick throws.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing that a team as bad as Washington is still in the running for the NFC East Crown at Christmas. Not saying they will win it as their QB's are historically bad, but just shocked they are still in the running.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Giants are building the right way. They will have some coin to spend on the line and draft some starters. Jones and Barkley still on rookie contracts help unlike the Cowboys who have no money and need help everywhere.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think if Jones and Prescott hadnt gotten hurt, those 2 teams would have been battling it out. As it is now, all 4 teams are still in the running.

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WingedLiberty1957 said:
    Amazing that a team as bad as Washington is still in the running for the NFC East Crown at Christmas. Not saying they will win it as their QB's are historically bad, but just shocked they are still in the running.

Washington's defense is good enough to win any game, assuming Antonio Gibson is playing and they run the ball well. 4th overall defense, 3rd in passing defense, 5th in points given up.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options

@orioles93 said:

@WingedLiberty1957 said:

Washington's defense is good enough to win any game, assuming Antonio Gibson is playing and they run the ball well. 4th overall defense, 3rd in passing defense, 5th in points given up.

Another team doing it right. Build a great defense to keep you in it until the offense comes around. Buffalo did it with McDermitt. Top defense and then acquire offensive weapons. Haskins is not the answer I’m afraid to say and as much as I like Smith I don’t see him as a long term franchise QB. Say one thing about Alex Smith, everywhere he goes, he wins.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 2020 NFC East has dethroned the 2019 NFC East as the worst division in NFL history!!!!

Final record: 11 wins, 28 losses, 1 tie. The dedication required to play football this poorly throughout a long, grueling season is commendable. While the standard of putrescence established this year may be impossible to surpass, remember that everyone thought the same thing last year. Here's to a 10-win 2021!!!

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2020 5:19PM

Cowboys taking it to the Eagles. Haskins get benched for a practice squad QB. Dwayne. Tonight’s s the night to party at the strip club because your career in Washington is over. 🍾🎉. Make it rain big boy. 💵💵

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

My cats got it done today.

Panthers - 20
    Washington - 13

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still say any NFC East team could if they got lucky, possibly win against a high school junior varsity team and i stand by that.

• Options

Cowboys win the division if Alex Smith doesn’t play next week. Amazing

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haskins played 3+ quarters, and Heinicke played a couple of drives and outdid Haskins production. It's impressive how bad Haskins has been honestly. The 3rd string from Old Dominion who has jumped around a handful of teams' practice squads, looked like Tom Brady out there compared to Haskins.

If McLaurin and Alex Smith play next week, I think Washington wins the division. If they don't play, then they don't have a chance. I really hope they go and get an actual QB this off season and don't waste a great defense. Chase Young by the way has been an animal. The guy has been by far, the best rookie defensive player I have seen in a long time.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

Three weeks ago the pundits were promoting the Washington No Names and the Giants as the two teams who had gotten it together at the end of season. Now they working on elimination. It's looking good for Cowboys.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

No doubt the Cowboys are getting hot at the right time. It remains to be seen if it was a week too late.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Bye Dwayne. Another Jamarcus Russell. Wonder if took home blank tapes and said he watched them too?

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here was Fox NFL Sunday's message to Dwayne Haskins yesterday.

• Options

2 million young men wish they had the talent to make it to the NFL and would give up a lot for just the opportunity. This kid will be 28 and wish he didn’t throw it all away because of immaturity. Coddled and indiscretions looked the other way because of talent and found out, just like in any corporation in the real world one too many chances are one too many.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

NYG WIN + WAS LOSS = PLAYOFFS

LOL

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest