Home Precious Metals
Options

Anyone Still buying PM at these Prices? Which PM are you still buying?

Mike59Mike59 Posts: 297 ✭✭✭

The last couple of months ive been only buying gold. Mostly AGE and some Pre-33. Maybe I should have been buying both PM. Who's still buying PM and what are you buying ?
Thanks,
Mike

MIKE B.

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up a few ASE tubes yesterday and earned bonus ebay bucks.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both are too expensive for my blood. Just kicking back preparing to enjoy the profits. Cashed out of stocks last week, nice to continue increasing net worth elsewhere.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

Still holding all stock positions until election. Issue with market timing is being on sidelines and missing large moves up. Wish I had my crystal ball. With all money being printed I’m betting PM are just beginning their move up.

MIKE B.

• Options
    dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

Yes. Still buying. It all comes down to where you think this will top out at, and my position on Metals has always been long term.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mike59 said:
    Still holding all stock positions until election. Issue with market timing is being on sidelines and missing large moves up. Wish I had my crystal ball. With all money being printed I’m betting PM are just beginning their move up.

That was my initial plan but with all the debt creation and the state of the real economy my gut says stocks are in for a very rude awakening. Maybe they can keep it going until the election, who knows.

It's also hard to shell out $1900 for an ounce of gold when it was recently being bought in the $1200-$1300 range. I feel I have more than enough PMs at this point. I will continue to hold the gold but will drop a ton of silver like a bad habit as soon as the price is right.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a Krug yesterday - with bonus bucks in under spot

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22, 2020 5:39AM

Weimar 2.0 - time to study history. Gold went up along with stocks, but bank accounts and cash vaporized in less than a year. This isn't quite post WWI Germany, but the economics are beginning to fail - there is a large mass of renters that won't pay unless gov.com bails them out (which will happen), and a large mass of landlords who will clamor for it to happen.

That doesn't even take into account the mass of small businesses that are failing or will fail.

The stock market? Better keep an eye on it when the Fed stops throwing tons of money at it and the banks.

What a mess.

I'm seriously considering adding more metals in my overweighted position in metals because I fear for what seems likely to happen to my cash stash in the coming months. It may be time to start shifting in phases. I don't see any better options.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Morgans if offered for sale in lots (quantity 10-100) in southern California or AZ getting snapped up. At about 25% higher than a year ago. I'm happy to take that simple profit.
    Rural, level AZ land at elevation (4,000'-6,000') is $300-$5,000 a acre. Good for grazing about 8-9-10 months of the year then you need to move the stock down a few thousand feet or give them basic shelter & feed.
    Seems like a simple turn to me.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless I find an exceptional deal, I’ve quit buying for now. I did buy an UNC roll of 1964 Kennedy Half Dollars for around spot yesterday.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mentioned in another thread that I expect the panic buyers to emerge around $1900-2K or so....Those are people who catch the gold fever as it runs up.....then end up selling at a loss. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

who will sell at a loss when it is going to $5,000?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22, 2020 8:49AM

I'm on the cool kids list with CMG mint :)
    Chris has a new release for his 1 ounce silver bar series.
    I threw my hat in the ring for one.

• Options
    alexercaalexerca Posts: 246 ✭✭✭

Actually the time for buying is past for me and as you know I have been selling 25 double eagles that I bought last year just for this time. All gold and silver bullion which I had a weak moment when I sold 20 1/10 eagles to someone for $4300 I am keeping. My plan from 2005 was to sell half my gold at $2500 and I have not decided on the silver yet. I have always had faith in the politicians to do the wrong thing! I am in a very good position 1/3 of my profile is in pm's!

• Options

Anyone here get in on this bargain? LOL

Note that seller included DBS logo in his description.

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

What is the significance of the DBS logo? There was something fishy about that deal, so it was best to stay away.

Buying PM? I have bought and still buying silver proof commemoratives from the German Mint, but they are not fluctuating with the silver price moves, so they are basically numismatic. These are not high dollar investment items either as I am not buying in bulk. Also, I feel that I want to get them fresh and sealed by the MInt now, so I do not have to worry about chasing them on the secondary market, which is a real pain. Now with this new price surge, I have mixed feelings. On one hand buying bulk silver could be cheap right now if silver is headed to $50/oz for about the third time in history, but nothing says that it has to. I am paying attention, though.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options

@DeutscherGeist said:
    What is the significance of the DBS logo? There was something fishy about that deal, so it was best to stay away.

Used another sellers pictures in their auction. Usually a good indicator that they don't have the product they are peddling

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

I've been picking up silver proof sets for under spot.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought a 201 year old quarter for 51 times face just this week

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Baley said:

You suck!!!

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

And by the way that is the first thread I’ve seen shut down over on the BST!
    Over silver pricing. Cmon, man.
    That is some heavy goodbye to forum privileges.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@taxmad said:

@DeutscherGeist said:

Used another sellers pictures in their auction. Usually a good indicator that they don't have the product they are peddling

It appears that at least one winner got his role and left pos. fb. ?????

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

@OPA said:

@taxmad said:

@DeutscherGeist said:

This one is odd - those sales were old and only the one fb? If he had cancelled them all you would have though a bunch of negatives would be given.... No idea on this one!

• Options

@taxmad said:

@OPA said:

@taxmad said:

@DeutscherGeist said:

This one is odd - those sales were old and only the one fb? If he had cancelled them all you would have though a bunch of negatives would be given.... No idea on this one!

hijacked account? One feedback for a tube (probably posted it himself). Funny thing is when I posted the link it was showing up in "recently completed sales" and still is.

• Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hit my lifetime goals for gold and silver in 2018. Since then I have accumulated cash or added a few $2.50 Liberty's to my date set. I don't expect to chase the current price rise by adding any of either metal.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@Baley said:

You suck!!!

Sorry, miscalculation! Probably due to fallacious math due to self delusion about how great a silver bullion buyer I am 😉

Meant 820x face.
    Some dude named Reiver used to own it.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    roob47roob47 Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    edited July 22, 2020 7:10PM

still buying i consider items i have sold that cost me nothing , gold spending money! But this may have been my last purchase for a while.
    Edit: I really should buy a little more silver >:)

• Options

@Baley said:

@cohodk said:

@Baley said:

You suck!!!

Sorry, miscalculation! Probably due to fallacious math due to self delusion about how great a silver bullion buyer I am 😉

Meant 820x face.
    Some dude named Reiver used to own it.

3.4% annual appreciation.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was at a pawn shop earlier, offered to buy out their stock of 90% silver, ranging from 16X face for dimes to 18X quarters, including modern proof 90%. So the lady said she would have to have help counting it and was waiting from helper to come back. Meanwhile I went nextdoor to a grocery store, came back and the guy was on the phone with the owner saying that the prices had been put out when silver was $16 an ounce or so. That tells you a lot and they will be sitting on their stash of silver for a while at this rate. They also have had a $5 Lib. in a PCGS MS63 holder for $900 or more for the last 12 or more years in their case.

• Options
    edited July 22, 2020 8:00PM

Higher premiums with the big bullion boyz in the face of rising spot tells me that demand is getting crazy.

APMEX has a $10 premium on a "date of our choice" ASE.

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

derryb,

I checked APMEX and there is indeed $10 premiums on all kinds of flagship 1 oz bullion from various Mints around the world. Demand is going crazy. Silver is effectively $30/oz and the melt price simply has not caught up to reality.
    I have been so used to buying, that now I have to be patient and wait to see what happens.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    alexercaalexerca Posts: 246 ✭✭✭

@Baley said:

That's nothing! I bought a penny for 30,000 times face value last week! Hahahahaha! Are we having fun?

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

i have been O mint $10 liberty golds, but i might of been priced out of them these past 2 days due to the gold price run up

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

The next and final Queens beast gold is going to be painful to purchase...

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Downtown1974 said:
    Buying?....hell no.
    Selling?......hell no.

+1

• Options

@3stars said:
    The next and final Queens beast gold is going to be painful to purchase...

I think we would’ve been better off pre-purchasing the whole set!
    Same with the American Palladium Eagles.

• Options

@alexerca said:

@Baley said:

That's nothing! I bought a penny for 30,000 times face value last week! Hahahahaha! Are we having fun?

I bought a stock for less than book value. Im sure derryb would be proud.

• Options

Shoulda saved your money and put it in the "boat jar," gonna be a whole lot more available for below book.

And now, for your reading pleasure. . .

• Options
    chesterbchesterb Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm gonna be buying (or at least attempting to buy) some US Mint 1945 gold come August time. Other than that I'm on the sidelines for now. I bought a bunch when I could find it at the lows in March.

• Options
    maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought some gold last night.
    That's it for now. Time to sit back and hope for the best.

• Options

@chesterb said:
    I'm gonna be buying (or at least attempting to buy) some US Mint 1945 gold come August time. Other than that I'm on the sidelines for now. I bought a bunch when I could find it at the lows in March.

Are you talking about this??
    1,945-coin limit for American Eagle gold issue marking the anniversary of WWII end.

what do you think they will charge?
    Thanks,
    mike

MIKE B.

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was in a familiar shop today & picked up 20 pre 21 Morgans average xf for $20 each. Felt fortunate. He usually has plenty of really good 90% & he was completely out. At 19x face selling, he can't buy it at 15x in any quantity.
    I was paying 12x for his unc 1964 Kennedys in Feb.
    Silver has gone up too far too fast.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    goldrealmoney79goldrealmoney79 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

Yup still buying 90%. Ive made good returns on buys for the past couple months.
    However this past month I have been only buying with money I make from tips. This has nosedived in the past two weeks, people appear to be pulling back due to the $600 unemployment dropping off.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up another 170 ounces today. This "5 oz" skull is kind of creepy.

• Options

I am always in the market for a half ounce gold bullion.

• Options
    maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've liquidated 'll but 9oz of ag.
    An oz buffalo arrived yesterday.
    That's all on b/s until we break 2k

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mike59 said:

@chesterb said:

Are you talking about this??
    1,945-coin limit for American Eagle gold issue marking the anniversary of WWII end.

what do you think they will charge?
    Thanks,
    mike

it depends on what the gold spot price is right before the release date, but if the spot price is 2000/oz near the release date, my guess would be 2,700, a 700 dollar premium