Options

$21 Silver?

derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 20, 2020 8:35PM in Precious Metals

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

$20.70 on the futures exchange as I type this.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

€1.35 Trillion stimulus plan passed by the EU. Helps explain the spike

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

Wow! Silver is really making a move.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2020 10:40PM

GSR indicated this was coming. In a rising gold market silver had to rise faster. Pullback (buying opportunity) likely before $25.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like right around the corner !!! 👍

Timbuk3
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

Right now it's moving at $20.68.

I'm looking for $50.00.

• Options
    silverman68silverman68 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I do not trust anything as we have seen this before and then it all crashed down.

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like 2010-2011 is starting again! I will sell at $45.00...not waiting for $50 lol

• Options

$20.89 spot price on Kitco.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@silverman68 said:
    I do not trust anything as we have seen this before and then it all crashed down.

bullion futures manipulators under DOJ investigation, they will be a wee bit reluctant.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Over 21.

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 21, 2020 6:25AM

"And he's peelin off those dollar bills
    Slappin them down
    One hundred
    Two hundred
    And i can see those fighter planes
    i can see those fighter planes"

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fasten your seat belts.... This is getting interesting... Trouble is, the underlying issues are not comforting. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Fasten your seat belts.... This is getting interesting... Trouble is, the underlying issues are not comforting. Cheers, RickO

Agree....lets see if the price of $21 holds.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Obviously.

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

$21

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

GSR about 87/1. If this continues I may trade some silver for gold, again.

• Options

$21.22

• Options
    edited July 21, 2020 10:44AM

I suspect what is happening is that since DOJ is actively pursuing PM manipulation on the COMEX (where the CFTC has failed to do its job) and is handing down indictments on traders from different bullion banks, the remainder of traders are wee bit reluctant, at the moment, to spoof short trades to bring the price down. We will know soon enough. I would not be surprised to see DOJ told to back off; prosecutors do not run the country, bankers do.

Hands in the cookie jar at Merrill Lynch.

Hands in the cookie jar at BOA.

Hands in the cookie jar, one trader at two unidentified banks.

And lets not forget the biggest hands in the cookie jar.

But we all know, because Cohodk told us so, there is no price manipulation in the metals futures markets. LOL

• Options

$21.26. Up $1. 33.

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jclovescoins said:
    Looks like 2010-2011 is starting again! I will sell at $45.00...not waiting for $50 lol

That's where I sold then...paid for my house !

Last week I scheduled an appointment for this week (tomorrow) to look at buying a over $150 face in silver. I'll keep my word but this could hurt. I'll buy as low as I can and flip quickly on this lot.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

we shall see

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    I suspect what is happening is that since DOJ is actively pursuing PM manipulation on the COMEX (where the CFTC has failed to do its job) and is handing down indictments on traders from different bullion banks, the remainder of traders are wee bit reluctant, at the moment, to spoof short trades to bring the price down. We will know soon enough. I would not be surprised to see DOJ told to back off; prosecutors do not run the country, bankers do.

Hands in the cookie jar at Merrill Lynch.

Hands in the cookie jar at BOA.

Hands in the cookie jar, one trader at two unidentified banks.

And lets not forget the biggest hands in the cookie jar.

Or maybe rge US dollar has rolled over hard in the last 2 months and global central banks have flooded their economies with $9 trillion.

Nah...couldnt be that simple, because usually the most complicated and ridiculous reason is most likely. Lol

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

you've suddenly become an expert on PM price manipulation?

• Options

$21.41 up $1.48 right now.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

The manipulators have pumped us back to where we were 6 years ago. Keep it going, I may just get that Deere 8R 280 yet!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

You'd be driving the Deere if you learned how to play the volatility and not just put the silver on the shelf along with your MRE's.

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    The manipulators have pumped us back to where we were 6 years ago. Keep it going, I may just get that Deere 8R 280 yet!

That's a really nice tractor costing around 5,000 ounces or 10 monster boxes of silver for a used one isn't it?

My last big bullion sale was to buy a small tractor a year and a half ago. Wish I had waited but needed the tractor.

• Options

"come on snake eyes, baby needs new tractor."

"and his brother needs new boat."

• Options
    edited July 21, 2020 3:48PM

@derryb said:

And @derryb needs customers........er fresh unsuspecting suckers to buy all his overpriced eagles.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

And @derryb needs customers........er fresh unsuspecting suckers to buy all his overpriced eagles.

"Come on baby, pumper needs to sell more silver."

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

it's been manipulated to $22 now

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2020 4:10PM

it's been manipulated unmanipulated to $22 now

fixed it for ya

• Options

Manipulate it all the way to $100 but I'd be more than happy with a 1/3rd of that.

• Options

Manipulate it all the way to $100 but I'd be more than happy with a 1/3rd of that.

Last time I sold any substantial amount of silver was at $36. Last time I bought any silver in bulk (2017) was when I overpaid for a box of my favorite state's ATBs @ $20.93/oz.

I don't think it's going back to $10 - ever. Not with $trillions of "not-QE" coming down the pike.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

$23.......i can see the little fishies coming over the transom now.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

Double dare ya to go over to the US coin forum and libel one of the dealers there. LOL

• Options
    edited July 22, 2020 10:03AM

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

Double dare ya to go over to the US coin forum and libel one of the dealers there. LOL

Why? They stick to the BST thread and leave the conspiracies out of it. Plus you already reported it. I received a warning, I dropped it and so should you. Thanks.

PS: getting ever closer to that new tractor. B)

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Blitz.
    I've been hanging around this site for close to 20 years. I've seen God only knows how many sellers on BST never finish the deal. Just take people's money and not ship.
    So it really doesn't matter if someone's schtick is to buy 5bucks back & sell 5over. As long as the other party agrees & the deal is finished cleanly.
    Derry finishes his deals. He is not shady. He seems to have a plan. He follows through.
    You repeatedly troll him & swipe at him. Are you jealous of him or just want to vent that he uses the board aggressively to find transactions? Do you find it irritating that he does deals here? If he wasn't doing what he does, would you be doing it?

Have a nice day
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2020 6:20AM

LOL. So my "agenda" is to scare people here into buying silver from me which I don't even sell on the forum? Hogwash. Not only have you continuously called me shady but have on many occasions called me dishonest. And now you dare call me a manipulator?

I do sell gold that I successfully covert to my silver stack, and I dare you to find one forum buyer who is the least unhappy with any aspect of his interaction with me. Any "conspiracy theory" news that I reference on this forum is for the benefit of those that want all views in order to make better informed decisions. Who are you and your fellow two amigos to dictate what knowledge they should have access to?

• Options

I never once called you any of the above. Who are you to call everyone that doesn't agree with your agenda a troll? Wake up man!

• Options
    edited July 23, 2020 6:21AM

I love for you to disagree with me, just do it with some dignity. The quest for truth is my agenda.

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

All you guys seemed to have missed that the USMINT is out of silver. They blamed C-19. Hogwash. They are out.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very well said and bold:

@streeter said:
    Blitz.
    I've been hanging around this site for close to 20 years. I've seen God only knows how many sellers on BST never finish the deal. Just take people's money and not ship.
    So it really doesn't matter if someone's schtick is to buy 5bucks back & sell 5over. As long as the other party agrees & the deal is finished cleanly.
    Derry finishes his deals. He is not shady. He seems to have a plan. He follows through.
    You repeatedly troll him & swipe at him. Are you jealous of him or just want to vent that he uses the board aggressively to find transactions? Do you find it irritating that he does deals here? If he wasn't doing what he does, would you be doing it?

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly. Now is the time to rejoice and dance in your living room and avoid the pessimism.
    This is a rare event and I am having fun and enjoying the ride just like the roller coaster.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

@streeter said:
    All you guys seemed to have missed that the USMINT is out of silver. They blamed C-19. Hogwash. They are out.

Ya gotta provide a source for this info that the three amigo supreme court deems reliable. Otherwise it's just another conspiracy theory. Please tell us you did not read it on ZH.

• Options

@streeter said:

Interesting I see plenty for sale on their website and it looks like they have cranked out another 623,500 eagles to the AP's so far this month. Out of silver? Looks like hogwash to me.

• Options
    alexercaalexerca Posts: 247 ✭✭✭

This discussion is better than face book but , "Oh wait" I don't have a Facebook account! Hahahahaha!