Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #8 - PCGS Please read this thread and consider the H.o.F

124»

Comments

• Options
    DANNYDANNY Posts: 347 ✭✭✭

As mentioned previously back in late 2020, I wanted to plan and host a 2021 Roosie Gang "FUN SHOW" get together since the real Florida FUN SHOW in January 2021 was not going to be held. After months of planning, everything is all set.
    The dates are May 24-28 here in Paris, KY. At present time, Nick and Gary have sent me their arrival times at the airport on Monday May 24. I will be happy to send a copy of the planned itinerary to anyone else who may be interested, Most all reservations and bookings that have been made are for a total of 6 people. Hope some of the rest of you Roosie guys can join us for a "Bucket List Trip".
    Danny

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭

Danny,

Just to confirm, I'll be driving up from Florida, camping on the way back home. Will arrive mid-afternoon Monday.

Jim

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Will this event be live streamed?😁

• Options

@Drizzt said:
    Will this event be live streamed?😁

I do not think that would be a good idea.
    Some of the activities may not be suitable for viewing for persons under the age of 21. B)B)B)

• Options

@lablover said:
    Danny,

Just to confirm, I'll be driving up from Florida, camping on the way back home. Will arrive mid-afternoon Monday.

Jim

Got you on the list Jim. FUN times ahead.
    I will email an itinerary later today to Nick, Gary, and you.

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

So sorry I won't be able to make it Danny. I was really looking forward to it as you well know. Family obligations having me headed from Ohio to Texas Tuesday a.m. ( I'll honk as a drive by. )

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Danny looking forward to it. Kit will be coming also. His flight arrives 1 hour after mine. One more makes 6.
    Rainbowroosie?

• Options
    edited May 4, 2021 4:31PM

I've seen the Itinerary, Danny has put together a really amazing time. FUN has nothing on Danny and Paris, KY. I'm all in on Rainbowroosie attending. That way, I won't worry about Gary spooning. ;)

Oh, and Kit adds another dimension to the group. Yea, Kit!!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    KhaymanKhayman Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

Guys - I am so so so so so so bummed that I'm going to miss this! I'm scheduled for my first shot in three weeks so the timing is just not going to work out. Friggin' virus!!! If you'll all have me I'd love to attend next year's gathering in Paris - can we make it an annual pilgrimage?

• Options

Here's a few new crossovers:

1952-D MS67FB

1951-S MS67+FB

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats @lablover

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    KhaymanKhayman Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

Love the toning on those, Bob - especially the '63.

• Options

WOW!!! What a great time I had hosting some of the Roosie Gang here in Paris, KY. this week.
    I appreciate you guys so much. It was a blessing to me to have "you-all" around for the week.
    My hope is that each of you enjoyed your stay here in the "Horse Capital Of The World" as much
    as I did. Safe travels home everyone, and God bless each one of you.

Danny

• Options

Really enjoyed the trip and Danny was a fantastic host. The tours were great and the Bourbon tasty. Will post a few pictures when I get a chance.

Thanks again Danny!!!!!!!!!

• Options

@robec said:
    Just received a couple of + upgrades from this weeks Las Vegas show.

MS67+

I knew those two would Plus...

• Options

I had a wonderful time in KY. Great history and and great company. Thanks Danny for setting it all up and hosting. Beautiful country.

Thanks Danny

• Options

I just checked the pops and noticed a beautiful new pop 1/0 1964 MS68FB Roosie was slabbed. Congrats to the owner.

• Options
    edited May 30, 2021 6:12PM

What a motley crew...Gary, Jim, Nick, Chris and Danny:

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Latest addition....

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

Would like to have that pretty Roosie myself! Still available?

Dan
  • Options

@lablover said:

@mach1ne said:

Looks way better then a MS66FB. Very nice!!!!!

Looks like some under grades I have.

Dan
  • Options

Posted this on the main page, but did anyone here win this blue bomber??? I wanted it, but not that badly!

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erwindoc what did it hammer
    for? I like blue dimes. Been dying away from the auction sites. It’s too costly for me😀

Thanks
    Martin

• Options

@Martin said:
    @erwindoc what did it hammer
    for? I like blue dimes. Been dying away from the auction sites. It’s too costly for me😀

Thanks
    Martin

$97 with the juice!

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2021 7:09PM

@erwindoc thanks.
    Now I know why I’m staying away from auction sites. I think I could spend a hundred on that. I really like blue dimes. I don’t have many but I do like them. Oh and where are the roosie guys they stopped posting much here

Martin

• Options
    LovethedimesLovethedimes Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

I would like to know who got the 1958-D on GC that went for around $700.!

• Options

@Lovethedimes said:
    I would like to know who got the 1958-D on GC that went for around $700.!

I saw that and dont understand it

• Options
    KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got the grade on this 1964-D today, it was purchased raw.

PCGS MS-67+.

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options

That is a BEAUTY for sure.

Dan
  • Options

@Dan50 said:
    That is a BEAUTY for sure.

64-D 67+

Dan