Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #8 - PCGS Please read this thread and consider the H.o.F

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2020 11:05AM

Hi guys. I am tired of looking at this #8 or #9 MS Silver FB set of mine. Would like to move it up to #4 or #5. Can anyone help me add some upgrades to the set. Generally paying around 80%-100%+ of Nick’s price guide for these upgrades IF THEY ARE NICE COINS as that pricing is as good as any I have seen. Here are some easier upgrades if anyone has these...

WANTED:

1946-P MS67+FB
    1946-D MS67+FB
    1947-S MS67+FB
    1950-S MS67+FB
    1951-P MS67+FB
    1951-S MS67+FB
    1952-S MS67+FB
    and so on...

Thanks.

Wondercoin

Edited to add... thank you to a couple board members for already offering me coin opportunities. I am not strictly relying on Nick’s Guide for my pricing (for example I offered about 20% over for a coin offered to me today) but, I will not not typically go beyond a -20% to +20% range absent extraordinary circumstances. Thanks.m

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Mitch,

You know, if your not the lead dog, the view is always the same. Be it #8 or #2.

:o

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

“Hey Mitch, You know, if your not the lead dog, the view is always the same. Be it #8 or #2.”

I Will be tickled pink to tuck into the #4 dime slot unless Dr. Larry wants to stay there, in which case I will round out the top 5 happily. The MS silver dime set will look nice along side my “top 5” silver MS Franklins and Wash. quarters.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmmm !!! Why do I feel a drop from # 6 to # 7 headed my way.

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys I just updated my silver Roosie FB price guide. If anyone would like an updated copy PM me your e-mail address if I don't already have it. I'll send it out to the regulars tonight.

Nick

• Options

Rob's got some nice coins bro's.!!!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options

@onlyroosies said:
    It is done. PC finally decided to slab another Silver MS68+FB Roosie. This 1948D is pop 2/0 for the series. Congrats to John on adding this crown jewel to his already world class Roosevelt Dime set "The Halcyon Collection.

Woo hoo John!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    KhaymanKhayman Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

Big thanks, everyone! This one was a long time in coming. And while the coin is in my set a big set of kudos goes to Gary who helps me with my submissions - he's a young buck but he already has a keen eye for Regrades & Crosses.

Miss you guys big time! :)

• Options
    edited January 13, 2021 3:50PM

@Khayman said:
    Big thanks, everyone! This one was a long time in coming. And while the coin is in my set a big set of kudos goes to Gary who helps me with my submissions - he's a young buck but he already has a keen eye for Regrades & Crosses.

Gary must be using his other eye for my regrades and cross-overs. ;););)
    Note: that's a really big wink!!!!! He's helped me multiple times, has a good feel for the series.

• Options

@Khayman said:

I have been very impressed with Gary. He has some great accomplishments under his belt and has done tremendous work for me.

• Options

WOW !!! 68+ fb. That is an AWESOME Roosie, Congrats !!!! Count me as another one to benefit from Garys expertise. He has been a huge part in taking my 100% ms66fb silver set to ms67fb.

• Options
    DANNYDANNY Posts: 347 ✭✭✭

Congrats to John on this awesome addition to his set.

• Options

The Halcyon Collection is my dream set. I know a set like that will always be financially out of my reach. But one can dream. Let me hit one of those big lottery jackpots. John would be getting a phone call.

• Options
    BeefCurry808BeefCurry808 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭✭

I am not juicing the photos, this is the true toning. #40174858 MS64

• Options

Why is that graded 64? Surfaces look much better.

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options
    BeefCurry808BeefCurry808 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭✭

@rainbowroosie said:
    Why is that graded 64? Surfaces look much better.

I wish I knew! I called it a 6 when I received it in hand. I think the graders just wanted it out the door haha.

• Options

@Tom147 said:
    The Halcyon Collection is my dream set. I know a set like that will always be financially out of my reach. But one can dream. Let me hit one of those big lottery jackpots. John would be getting a phone call.

Johns set just got a little bit dreamier. Check out the pop report tomorrow morning and you will see a couple new pop 1/0 silvers including a 3'rd 68+FB.

• Options

I heard rumors to that. I believe Gary had something to do with that. I wonder if we'll ever see a 69 silver.

• Options

@Tom147 said:
    I heard rumors to that. I believe Gary had something to do with that. I wonder if we'll ever see a 69 silver.

Yes, Gary had a big part in it. But lets give a lot of credit to John for stepping up to the plate last year and paying up for some great dimes that were then offered to him. I'm talking about "rainbowroosies dimes" and several other high quality dimes that john picked up, even if they were dups.

I believe we will see a 69 silver Roosie...... Someday

• Options

Without a doubt John has compiled a beautiful set of Roosies. Heck, I look at his set more than my own ( I know what mine look like LOL ) I really love the even, two sided toning on the 48-P. My favorite. I wish I could afford to play in that end of the pool. Wasn't sure where he acquired his latest additions.

• Options

John,
    Your set keeps getting more and more amazing!!! I truly miss some of my best coins, but they enjoy the most wonderful home any Roosie could have!....Hmm, I seem to remember that part of the deal on that 61P was you buying wine when it upgraded to 68....😉

• Options
    edited February 4, 2021 2:55PM

@Tom147 said:
    Without a doubt John has compiled a beautiful set of Roosies. Heck, I look at his set more than my own ( I know what mine look like LOL ) I really love the even, two sided toning on the 48-P. My favorite. I wish I could afford to play in that end of the pool. Wasn't sure where he acquired his latest additions.

You don't have to be #1 to put together a nice set. No disrespect to John, or his set, but there are many great Roosie Sets out there of all ranges, some quite unique. I'm proud John has built such a wonderful set, and hope it's never exceeded.

But, take time to view other sets, it can be a real treat. Those collectors have also worked hard to build sets.

Just my random thoughts...

• Options

Oh believe me I look. I have been through the top 40 or so sets at least twice. There are some nice looking dimes in the lower ranked sets. Roosies are my favorite. My 46 - 64 FB set sits in the # 6 spot and my 46 to present w/proofs sits at # 4.

• Options

True View pics are up of Johns 2 new additions if anyone want to see them check them out in his set.

• Options

Beautiful. Like them both but kinda like the 61 a little more.

• Options

@Tom147 said:
    Beautiful. Like them both but kinda like the 61 a little more.

I agree. I love Johns 61P.

• Options
    edited February 13, 2021 12:34PM

Here's something new from the PCGS Grading Floor.

MS67+FB

MS67 (They miss-graded this one)

• Options

lablover, how do you see the 2nd as misgraded ? Think it's a plus ? I would agree with that. Just wanting to clarify.

• Options
    edited February 14, 2021 7:41AM

@Tom147 said:
    lablover, how do you see the 2nd as misgraded ? Think it's a plus ? I would agree with that. Just wanting to clarify.

Yes, minimum 67+ to 68 (maybe + too) shot. Not hardly a mark on the coin (minor on lower bands). Super strike (imho), look at the hair detail as an example vs. the 46-S 67+FB above. Compare the Liberty, Date and In God We Trust as well. Same with the Reverse.

This is my Registry Set 51 MS67+

Here are two 51's MS67+ from Coin Facts

This is the lone MS68 51 from Coin Facts

• Options

I'd have to see them in hand, but I like yours better than the three from CoinFacts.

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2021 5:43PM

Nice dimes Jim! When you get tired of your blue dimes, send them my way!

• Options
    KhaymanKhayman Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

@lablover said:
    Here's something new from the PCGS Grading Floor.

MS67+FB

MS67 (They miss-graded this one)

Damn Jim - those are friggin’ sweet. The 46S looks money 68FB but they might have held a bit back based on the die crack and a little mushiness of the date. Personally I love the die cracks - kinda like the DNA of the coin when struck.

Agree with Doc - anytime you want to sell those babies let us know!

• Options
    edited February 18, 2021 6:51AM

@Khayman said:

Damn Jim - those are friggin’ sweet. The 46S looks money 68FB but they might have held a bit back based on the die crack and a little mushiness of the date. Personally I love the die cracks - kinda like the DNA of the coin when struck.

Agree with Doc - anytime you want to sell those babies let us know!

@erwindoc said:
    Nice dimes Jim! When you get tired of your blue dimes, send them my way!

The 46-S MS67+FB is available to the highest bidder. No kidding!!!! But, there is a secret reserve.

• Options

As I check the Silver Roosie pop report each day I just noticed a couple new big coins were slabbed. the MS68+FB pop went from 3 to 4. Another 46S 68+FB was just made. a beautiful 49P 68 pop 1/0 no-bands was also slabbed. Lets see where these end up. Looking through the no-band registry sets I see 3 top sets with a few coins missing hinting to me that each of these players sent in coins for regrade. The 3 sets are Emerald Coast, Halcyon and Robinette. I would bet 1 or both of these coins belongs to one of these set owners. I'll be watching the registry to see where these two beauties end up.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    As I check the Silver Roosie pop report each day I just noticed a couple new big coins were slabbed. the MS68+FB pop went from 3 to 4. Another 46S 68+FB was just made. a beautiful 49P 68 pop 1/0 no-bands was also slabbed. Lets see where these end up. Looking through the no-band registry sets I see 3 top sets with a few coins missing hinting to me that each of these players sent in coins for regrade. The 3 sets are Emerald Coast, Halcyon and Robinette. I would bet 1 or both of these coins belongs to one of these set owners. I'll be watching the registry to see where these two beauties end up.

Well, it ain't the Emerald Coast Set... :(

• Options
    edited February 26, 2021 8:12PM

I see Robinette just updated his set and the 46S 68+FT and 49P 68 are now both in his set. Nice upgrades

• Options
    edited March 7, 2021 6:24AM

He now resides in the MS67+ holder; should have been there the first time. Thanks to Gary for submitting for me.

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever look at the 74 FB dime in the PCGS pictures on the pop report page? Give me a break use the magnifyer. Check out the hits on the bands to make it look full.

Dan
  • Options

Wow, there is life on the thread, thought everyone had died. Can't help with the 74FB, don't do clads. :(

• Options

Wish I could say the same. But once they get into your blood, you are stuck with it. Even left for 10 years, eeeeehhh dang! Had to check back on them. Got me stuck on them again.

Dan
  • Options

I'm still here. Thought the thread had died out too.

• Options

Dan50 that can't be fb. I've had submissions look alot better than that but didn't get the fb designation.

• Options

And didn't get MS67

Dan
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2021 9:37PM

BeefCurry808 MS64? Man thats worse than the drumming I took on my last submission.
    I going to crack about 5 out send them back in, see what comes back.

Dan
  • Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options

@mach1ne said:

Looks way better then a MS66FB. Very nice!!!!!

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2021 5:26PM

I have no financial interest in this coin but I do know what seller has it listed for $55. If someone has an interest, send me a message and I will provide the link. PR67

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile: