Home U.S. Coin Forum

And then there were 9... ($20 Liberty Gold cac Gold Stickers)

LeeroybrownLeeroybrown Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, the latest addition to the progressing box of 20 gold stickered $20 Lib Gold. ...and I have to say that I haven’t ever seen another $20 Lib that looks like this one... The PL around the devices is pretty cool.

Would love thoughts from the group on her... I tried to provide multiple angles for you to accurately see her for what she is.

Comments

• bidaskbidask Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well done !!

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome addition. ⭐️ But it’s an OBH ! ....... I suppose as long as you keep everything ‘no-prong’ then you’re still technically doing all old slabs. 😎

If I saw that group sitting in a case at a show I would most definitely stop and inspect. 👀

• BloodManBloodMan Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like your '74-CC $20! This date/mint doesn't often come with PL surfaces. I was tracking this one during the recent HA auction. Your photos don't do the coin justice. Congrats!

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love those beauties! Well done on the CC!

• LeeroybrownLeeroybrown Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are the original HA pics...

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well done! What a beautiful set, in numerous ways. Wow...

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's way cool to see stuff like this. Its wirth the wait

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! Gold bean, CC....what’s not to love? What an incredible project and a hell of an undertaking. Wish we could sticky this thread so I don’t miss a second of it. And what is with that gold beaned doily?? That is in a league of its own!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coin and superb collection... gold beans and two CC's....WOW!! Cheers, RickO

• CrustyCrusty Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

Incredible coin Leeroy.

• PickwickjrPickwickjr Posts: 556 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leeroy the collection is incredible. I love the videos of the 74cc. It really shows what a true Proof like coin looks like. 🤤

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 12,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold on green on gold. Awesome!

I would love to know which one is everyone’s favorite of the group... all things considered...?

There are too many new threads all at once... hit

• PQueuePQueue Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

Nice effort!
    RE: I would love to know which one is everyone’s favorite of the group... all things considered
    All things considered, it would be hard to argue against the 74-CC as the centerpiece of these 9.

I agree with PQueue, the '74-CC gets my vote. It along with the '66-S are the toughest of the group to find with nice eye appeal.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

That sir, is one outstanding box you are building!!

Favorite? Wow, that would take some doing. I think the new one looks good in the center. ;)

They all look pretty sweet ... I kind of like the look of the 60-S, 66-S, 79-S and 90-CC. It might be partially the lighting that makes those stand out more, but they all seem to have a matching, absolutely original "carried" look.

And how kewl is it that @ranshdow has the sister 55-S, still in the same consecutive holder and also with the gold bean?!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242

So hard to choose a favorite. Having seen the video of your new 74cc it screams PL with flashy surfaces. I’d say it is definitely the centerpiece.

Yep. I believe the ‘74-cc is my favorite too...

Would love more thoughts on the 74-cc and the set as well as it comes along...

• PickwickjrPickwickjr Posts: 556 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the dirty old gold BUT I would have to say the 74cc. I love the photo on the auction house’s website of the coin in the slab. From that picture you can really tell the coin is PQ. After seeing a video of the coin it’s even more amazing. I feel if the coin was represented better it would have gone even higher. A great pick up and congratulation!!!!

I missed the video. Is it linked in this thread? Would love to see it.

Sent you a PM, Bloodman

• skier07skier07 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Leeroybrown

Congrats on a lovely coin! How do you think your 74-CC would grade today based on current standards?

@skier07 said:
    @Leeroybrown

Congrats on a lovely coin! How do you think your 74-CC would grade today based on current standards?

@skier07,

Looking at her in hand, I believe the obverse is a AU55/58 and the reverse is MS60/61 for sure.

@skier07 said:
    @Leeroybrown

...looking at her compared to my two AU55 gold cac’s, I believe her to be higher grade, less ware, and more in-tact, reflective surfaces and definitely way more eye appeal than any of the others.

Anybody else have any opinions about the grade???

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spectacular !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • jonrunsjonruns Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Leeroybrown said:

High AU but not MS...

@jonruns said:

@Leeroybrown said:

High AU but not MS...

I agree @jonruns. Appreciate your thoughts and assessment of the grade.

Love your taste... seems very familiar, but I can’t put a finger on it... 😂

Very very nice indeed!

Incredible pieces you guys have. Between the 3 of you there are not very many left for the rest of us...

• ranshdowranshdow Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭✭

@Pickwickjr said:
    Great looking coins guys, as requested! Here’s a few $20 libs I have. Thanks for the post steveben.

Jees, you too with a '55-S $20 P40 CAC gold? That makes 3 of the 6 in the CAC census.

Beautiful pieces Pickwickjr !!! Love them all !!!

• stevebensteveben Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pickwickjr nice coins!

• steelieleesteelielee Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

Wow, nice group. Congrats.

Many successful BST transactions with dozens of board members, references on request.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file