Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A new purchase

crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 1, 2020 9:00PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I’m getting close to finishing my gold type set with this addition. Has some character with the heavy clashing on both obverse and reverse.
Thank for looking and happy hunting, Joe

What happened to my buddy, Jon, Dimeman?

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

looks pretty decent. Is it consistent with other items in the type set (grade-appearance-luster)?

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the clash, especially for the reverse. Nice looking coin too. AU53? Or am I reading it wrong.

Reminds me of a favorite 3c I used to own (maybe I still have it?) ... a mid grade Unc 3c Nickel that had three fresh clashes of Liberty on the reverse, all distinct with the "stepping" at about a .5 mm spacing

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

she is pretty

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

What happened to my buddy, Jon, Dimeman?

See Gluggo thread that is on page two. Didn’t Jon get a reprieve once before?

• Options

@pursuitofliberty said:
    Love the clash, especially for the reverse. Nice looking coin too. AU53? Or am I reading it wrong.

Reminds me of a favorite 3c I used to own (maybe I still have it?) ... a mid grade Unc 3c Nickel that had three fresh clashes of Liberty on the reverse, all distinct with the "stepping" at about a .5 mm spacing

It’s a 58 and I love the coin for what it is.
    Thanks

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

@Barndog said:
    looks pretty decent. Is it consistent with other items in the type set (grade-appearance-luster)?

My others are mostly ms but in this case the 58 will do just fine.
    Thanks

• Options

@lkeigwin said:
    Hey, Joe. Your good buddy here from our home town in Los Altos. Hope you and the missus are well.

A short while ago I bought this $3 gold from a forum member. Not as high grade as yours but I like it. CA gold is alluring.

Stay safe and avoid the political stuff our friend @DIMEMAN got caught up in.
    Lance.

That’s a beautiful piece my friend.
    I’m going to do my best to stay out of it. I was gone a few days just to come back and find my friend, Jon, gone🙁 Otherwise I might have fallen into it my damn self.
    So sad to see good people gone.

• Options

@Barndog said:

The appearance is up there with the others but the grade is a bit lower than most.
    Thank you

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just beautiful.
    Well done.

• Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice piece you got there... Odd denominations as well as $3's are my favorites. Kool die clashes too. B)

• Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coin, Joe. Show us all your gold when complete. I know what I have seen of yours is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing and congrats.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin Joe!

• Options
    Winchester1873Winchester1873 Posts: 201 ✭✭✭✭

Very nice coin!! Great color and strike!

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice wholesome coin

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice gold coin Joe.... and the pictures are superb, showing the die clashes in detail. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great addition to the set! How many left to complete the set now?

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coin all the around

• Options
    edited June 2, 2020 9:07AM

@Downtown1974 said:
    Great addition to the set! How many left to complete the set now?

Actually I’m done. I’ve gone as far as I can with the money I have to throw at these. One day I’ll bust them all out and show you all.
    Thanks again for the compliments, Joe

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love it!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one.

Congrats

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin and excellent picture as always! I love the 3's! Mine is also a 58 and one of my favorites. :)

Well done! I look forward to seeing the whole set.
    I assume it's the 12 piece set?

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice $3
    ⭐️

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2020 11:23AM

Didn’t Jon get a reprieve once before?

He's walked the plank a number of times.

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope all is well in Paradise, used to go there a lot when I was a kid living by Beale AFB.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2020 12:48PM

@SaorAlba said:
    Hope all is well in Paradise, used to go there a lot when I was a kid living by Beale AFB.

Paradise has been torched. We live in, Chico down the hill from, Paradise. My son and his family took advantage of the real estate prices and bought a very nice home there by the park. The side of town where we lived is gone, trees and all, leveled.

I left my safe that saved my coins in the yard wrapped up tight with tarps and other wraps. I went up there for the first time in about a month to pick up my safe to have it restored just to find it completely destroyed. Some people, I guess, took sludge hammers and pry bars to it. Like I said that side of town is leveled so nobody around to hear, I guess. I suspect it was the workers building my neighbors home. I see remnants of them everywhere. I can’t tell you how heart broken I am over it. Damn looters and thieves, EVERYWHERE 😡. Next time I’m there I’ll take some pictures of it and share them with you all. It musta took at least a couple of nights to get it open just to find nothing inside. A guy might ask why I locked it? The reason is that if I left it open they could steal the whole damn safe and then discover the combination. It’s sick making is all.
    Thanks again for the compliments on my new addition.
    Be safe out there, Joe

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang the fire was horrendous enough but then to have continuing issues with looting just sucks, back to the post at hand that is a very pretty princess.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭

Very nice coin and your photos always blow me away. Especially the color.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2020 10:27PM

I like that one a lot, Joe.

You did well, my friend.

Yes, as Lance pointed out, please avoid the political nonsense. You'll never change anyone's mind and all it will do is get ugly and turn into trouble.

Don't want to lose anyone else!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful example Joe, and great photos as always.

• Options

Thank you all for the compliments on my new coin.
    Happy hunting, Joe

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog said:
    Thank you all for the compliments on my new coin.
    Happy hunting, Joe

You are very welcome my man.

• Options
    Landon6Landon6 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭

im sorry if i offended you it was a joke im very sorry plz respond

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL! You should at least get satisfaction that they worked their arses off for nothing. The amount of man hours with a sledge hammer to open it would be a ton! I would love to see the look on their faces when they finally got it open! :#

@crazyhounddog said:

@SaorAlba said:

Paradise has been torched. We live in, Chico down the hill from, Paradise. My son and his family took advantage of the real estate prices and bought a very nice home there by the park. The side of town where we lived is gone, trees and all, leveled.

I left my safe that saved my coins in the yard wrapped up tight with tarps and other wraps. I went up there for the first time in about a month to pick up my safe to have it restored just to find it completely destroyed. Some people, I guess, took sludge hammers and pry bars to it. Like I said that side of town is leveled so nobody around to hear, I guess. I suspect it was the workers building my neighbors home. I see remnants of them everywhere. I can’t tell you how heart broken I am over it. Damn looters and thieves, EVERYWHERE 😡. Next time I’m there I’ll take some pictures of it and share them with you all. It musta took at least a couple of nights to get it open just to find nothing inside. A guy might ask why I locked it? The reason is that if I left it open they could steal the whole damn safe and then discover the combination. It’s sick making is all.
    Thanks again for the compliments on my new addition.
    Be safe out there, Joe

• Options

Here’s what it looks like now.... They even busted out the brass tumblers in the door.
    I hate thieves.
    This was the safe that saved my collection from the fire. I was going to have it restored but when I got there to pick it up I found it in this condition.

• Options

im sorry

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me and you both!!! @crazyhounddog
    People that steal....🙂

Ken
  • Options

IM VERY SORRY IF I OFFENDED YOU

Leave a Comment