Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I reckon mommy didn't get one or we would have heard about it.... B)

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

AGE privy 1,941 (4 left) +0 SOLD OUT
    ASE privy 74,776 (224 left) +2
    1/2 oz gold 7,455 (45 left) +621
    Silver medal 19,742 (258 left) -20

AGE with no change from last week ended with a number of 1,941. The 1/2 gold sold a bunch and some silver medals were returned.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

Other than the silver privy v75, is there another good reason to be here at 7:30 now? What are the other flip potentials?

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that the AGE privy finally sold out, maybe the price will go up. ;)

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think late summer early fall will be the next seagull driven coin rush, maybe basement boy will visit again then. Could be the two coin ASE set?

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,047 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bigole said:
    Other than the silver privy v75, is there another good reason to be here at 7:30 now? What are the other flip potentials?

All the other flips are pretty small.

The V75 silver medal can be sold for $100 to $115 pretty easily. [$75 mint cost]
    You can flip the gold medals, but you really need to play the plastic game to make it worth your while.

I think the Mayflower coins can't easily be flipped anymore.

The 2020 Mint sets can still be flipped at $35 [$25.25 mint cost]

• Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the reply. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything.

• Options
    AVK1897AVK1897 Posts: 44 ✭✭

@Kliao said:
    AGE privy 1,941 (4 left) +0 SOLD OUT
    ASE privy 74,776 (224 left) +2
    1/2 oz gold 7,455 (45 left) +621
    Silver medal 19,742 (258 left) -20

AGE with no change from last week ended with a number of 1,941. The 1/2 gold sold a bunch and some silver medals were returned.

Finally sold out on gold! Glad got pair gold and silver PF70. Watch the price slowly going up towards end of the year

• Options
    AVK1897AVK1897 Posts: 44 ✭✭

Nope!

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw ASE flip but I could not get it into the bag. That is a short window. not many being released.

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

I checked on the AGE v75. Why? Because it's just the thing to do! Nada, nothing. I will keep getting up early and checking every morning because I refuse to believe that they're sold out. I feel that the Mint probably has one lying around somewhere collecting dust. I must have that one!!!

• Options

@JeffM said:
    I checked on the AGE v75. Why? Because it's just the thing to do! Nada, nothing. I will keep getting up early and checking every morning because I refuse to believe that they're sold out. I feel that the Mint probably has one lying around somewhere collecting dust. I must have that one!!!

If they do, they will just melt it.

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:

Join the 12-step program that helps those that just can’t accept that the AGE v75 is sold out.
    Counselor: “Everyone- this is Jeff.”
    Everyone: “Hi Jeff!”

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

or sell it in an 'emergency auction' in a few years

• Options

@CoinMeister said:

@JeffM said:

Join the 12-step program that helps those that just can’t accept that the AGE v75 is sold out.
    Counselor: “Everyone- this is Jeff.”
    Everyone: “Hi Jeff!”

And after I explain why I'm there, all the participants will get excited and all will be checking for the AGE V75 and reporting on here daily. We shall once again clog the Mint's website!

• Options

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@jmlanzaf said:

or sell it in an 'emergency auction' in a few years

Not with 4 of them. They almost never do those auctions. Maybe twice in 20 years and that was because there were thousands of them.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

Not with 4 of them. They almost never do those auctions. Maybe twice in 20 years and that was because there were thousands of them.

may I direct your attention to this grid, which shows a majority of products sold in the low double digits

https://www.coinworld.com/news/precious-metals/u-s-mint-sells-older-gold-silver-coinage-to-select-dealers-in-sealed-bid-auction

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I knew I should have bought those remaining 41 Betty Ford coins!!!

• Options

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@jmlanzaf said:

may I direct your attention to this grid, which shows a majority of products sold in the low double digits

I know about that sale. But that's the only such sale I'm aware of them doing...ever...and there were hundreds of thousands of coins involved (total). I don't know why they did it and I don't know if they are planning to ever do it again, but in the past they simply melted what was leftover when they stopped selling them. I'm really not sure why that sale happened, but there was a lot of dissatisfaction with it.

• Options
    edited January 28, 2021 7:55PM

I can see why, @jmlanzaf - problematic for all kinds of reasons, and certainly doesn't engender trust in the mint if they are holding onto stock for years, seemingly against the perception that they melt down what remains once sales close --- based off that behavior, I wouldn't necessarily trust that they would melt any remains of the v75 age should they exist

• Options

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    I can see why, @jmlanzaf - problematic for all kinds of reasons, and certainly doesn't engender trust in the mint if they are holding onto stock for years, seemingly against the perception that they melt down what remains once sales close --- based off that behavior, I wouldn't necessarily trust that they would melt any remains of the v75 age should they exist

I don't know if they actually intentionally held it or just lost track of it. LOL. But, as you say, it doesn't really engender trust. And if they snuck 1 or 2 V75 Gold into a similar sale, you'll see a smaller version of the Gamestop controversy as the "big guys" get to buy them.

• Options

I saw no activity this morning on the ASE for those that are interested.

• Options

Interesting that the American Eagle One Ounce Silver Proof Coin enrollment program (beginning with the 2021-W) has sold out.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2021 10:10AM

Probably limited the 2021w ASE proof subscriptions. Doubt they enrolled 327,400. Also these are in the congratulations set. Mintage is very close to the 1994 which is low compared to rest of series. 1994 trending over $100-$130.00. Maybe a very quick sellout coming.

• Options

I think so @pf70collector - lot of factors aligning for that; still p high demand for PM products - I know me personally I'll be buying several, and imagine others will be too

• Options
    edited January 29, 2021 10:20AM

@pf70collector said:
    Probably limited the 2021w ASE proof subscriptions. Doubt they enrolled 327,400. Also these are in the congratulations set. Mintage is very close to the 1994 which is low compared to rest of series. 1994 trending over $100-$130.00. Maybe a very quick sellout coming.

It'll sell out, but it will have a hard time being worth more than the $73 issue price once the dust settles. While the 1994 carries a premium, it is an anomaly. The mintage of 1995 is only 30,000 higher than 1994 and sells in the $50 range.

I'd also point out that there is NO mintage limit on the coin itself. The 327,000 is the limit on the boxes. How many box collectors are there?

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

AGE privy 1,941 (4 left) +0
    ASE privy 74,762 (224 left) -14
    1/2 oz gold 7,453 (45 left) -2
    Silver medal 19,737 (258 left) -5

A few returns. Very little change.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

You still fighting the good fight K?

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

has anyone got a signed COA yet in the wwii medal? don't remember seeing any forum member sharing that yet

• Options

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    has anyone got a signed COA yet in the wwii medal? don't remember seeing any forum member sharing that yet

@jmlanzaf made a thread about getting a couple.
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1050550/i-won-the-ryder-lottery-twice-damn-the-megamillions#latest

• Options

thanks, @Kliao

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    You still fighting the good fight K?

Not checking in the morning anymore as I’m not interested in the medal and 1/2oz gold. Already got a ASE from day of release though.

Would be interesting if the sales number of the AGE moves after being marked sold out. I remember the ASE ERP from last year has it’s numbers moving even though being marked sold out.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭

ASE vf came up briefly this morning.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2021 5:33AM

@pf70collector said:

Yup. Popped up again, today 2/3. I got to Final Review with it, then Bam! No longer available... :'(

• Options

Looking at the sales number for the ASE ERP from 2019, the coin was marked as sold out on 9-15-20. the number on 9-20-20 showed 29,822 and the number on 1-31-21 shows 29,909. Weird that the number continues to go up after marked as sold out....

• Options

any chance at all the gold would be listed again for sale ? or 100% we will never see it ever again ?

• Options

@borderlineInsane said:
    any chance at all the gold would be listed again for sale ? or 100% we will never see it ever again ?

100% sure. They've never removed a "sold out" sign that I can think of.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mbogoman said:

@pf70collector said:

Yup. Popped up again, today 2/3. I got to Final Review with it, then Bam! No longer available... :'(

Same thing today. Got to final review, then unavailable...

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mayflower silver returns were available..... >:)

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

Interesting numbers this morning. 1 return or cancellation on the AGE. It sits at 1940 now.

• Options

AGE privy 1,940 (5 left) -1
    ASE privy 74,758 (242 left) -4
    1/2 oz gold 7,434 (45 left) -21
    Silver medal 19,736 (264 left) -1

Little change. Few returns.

• Options

@Kliao said:
    AGE privy 1,940 (5 left) -1
    ASE privy 74,758 (242 left) -4
    1/2 oz gold 7,434 (45 left) -21
    Silver medal 19,736 (264 left) -1

Little change. Few returns.

Interesting on the ASE. I had seen a couple of appearances and some forum members had seen some appearances of the ASE last week. I would have expected more movement. But if a sold out AGE item moves -1 with a small number I could see the larger quantity ASE move -4 easily with no actual sales.

• Options

I believe that they were able to identify your home address pretty quickly which put the HHL on it or possibly the same payment info.

• Options

@Kliao said:
    I believe that they were able to identify your home address pretty quickly which put the HHL on it or possibly the same payment info.

It would be interesting to know which one they hit on. I had figured that with over 74,000 different addresses in the system for these that it would take them a little longer than a second to figure it out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file