Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

so great to hear people snagging the v75 ase after all these months

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Batman23 said:

@Kliao said:
    I believe that they were able to identify your home address pretty quickly which put the HHL on it or possibly the same payment info.

It would be interesting to know which one they hit on. I had figured that with over 74,000 different addresses in the system for these that it would take them a little longer than a second to figure it out.

Would be interesting if they check both or the billing info has to match the home address.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@Batman23 said:

@Kliao said:
    I believe that they were able to identify your home address pretty quickly which put the HHL on it or possibly the same payment info.

It would be interesting to know which one they hit on. I had figured that with over 74,000 different addresses in the system for these that it would take them a little longer than a second to figure it out.

Would be interesting if they check both or the billing info has to match the home address.

My accounts use the same residence address and same billing information which reflects the correct residence address. And I know the combo worked fine the first time. There is nothing "tricky" about the two accounts, it was just a way to have two different shopping bags open and usable at the same time. But they definitely flagged that an ASE was ordered and shipped to my residence address previously. Even though it was from a "different" account. I was just surprised at how fast it was determined and kicked the order back.

I think they must have checked with the list of previously shipped to addresses. I think with a shipping/billing address conflict it would have accepted the order and then kicked it back a couple days later when they found the discrepancy. Just my guess at this point.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Batman23 said:

@Kliao said:

@Batman23 said:

@Kliao said:

My accounts use the same residence address and same billing information which reflects the correct residence address. And I know the combo worked fine the first time. There is nothing "tricky" about the two accounts, it was just a way to have two different shopping bags open and usable at the same time. But they definitely flagged that an ASE was ordered and shipped to my residence address previously. Even though it was from a "different" account. I was just surprised at how fast it was determined and kicked the order back.

I think they must have checked with the list of previously shipped to addresses. I think with a shipping/billing address conflict it would have accepted the order and then kicked it back a couple days later when they found the discrepancy. Just my guess at this point.

It takes no time to verify against 7.4 million addresses. You don't compare to each one. You go to either the street address or street number and look at like the 12 that are similar. Think "index".

If you want to test them out, try changing your house number or spelling the street wrong and see if they notice.

• Options

AGE privy 1,940 (5 left) +0
    ASE privy 74,755 (245 left) -3
    1/2 oz gold 7,427 (73 left) -7
    Silver medal 19,736 (264 left) +0

No change in the AGE last week. Small shifts down on a couple.

• Options

@Kliao said:
    1/2 oz gold 7,427 (73 left) -7
    Silver medal 19,736 (264 left) +0

No change in the AGE last week. Small shifts down on a couple.

I would have expected a much larger change for the ASE V75. Looks like several were sold on Saturday.

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

I would have expected a much larger change for the ASE V75. Looks like several were sold on Saturday.

Definitely surprising on the ASE. Seems like quite a few were purchased last week and yet numbers continue to trend down. Not that this counts towards the totals but my 75th Anniversary Silver Medals that I ordered in December were finally delivered today.

• Options

ASE privy 74,758 (242 left) +3
    1/2 oz gold 7,427 (73 left) +0
    Silver medal 19,734 (266 left) -2

Very small shifts. Little to no change.

Saw the ASE available this morning. Anyone still trying for the ASE?

• Options

@Kliao said:
    AGE privy 1,939 (6 left) -1
    1/2 oz gold 7,408 (92 left) -19
    Silver medal 19,720 (280left) -34

There's movement in the AGE! Another return?

That is interesting. it was 1939 forever then went 1940 for a bit and now back down. They have been sold out for quite a while now. I'm still surprised the ASEs didn't move after that Saturday of sales.

• Options

@Batman23 said:

@Kliao said:

That is interesting. it was 1939 forever then went 1940 for a bit and now back down. They have been sold out for quite a while now. I'm still surprised the ASEs didn't move after that Saturday of sales.

Really? I haven't been checking and thought they just never came up.

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

someone at the mint could've taken a screwdriver to an AGE v75 and I still wouldn't've returned it 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

That is odd on the ASE. I was able to order one for my brother that Saturday and it was just delivered to him today. So they are indeed shipping them out and they’re not just orders that they ended up cancelling. Nonetheless he’s happy to have one for his collection now.

• Options

@Dirt94 said:

That is odd on the ASE. I was able to order one for my brother that Saturday and it was just delivered to him today. So they are indeed shipping them out and they’re not just orders that they ended up cancelling. Nonetheless he’s happy to have one for his collection now.

It is possible that the cancellations/rejections just happened to match the number sold that Saturday.

• Options

@CoinMeister said:
    Just bought a ASE V75!

Congrats! I saw it available for more than a few seconds this morning.

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

Moi aussi.

• Options
    edited March 4, 2021 5:38AM

@pf70collector said:
    So did I.

Congrats!

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto on the ASE V75. Very weird seeing the RED button.
    Free ship, too.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2021 5:40AM

Wow. That's 4 so far. Anyone else?

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

No reason to worry about playing this game any more. Thanks!

• Options

Available for a second this morning. Anyone else still trying for one?

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing for me

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    KdennisonKdennison Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

What time have these come up?

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Others have come up at 7:30 AM Eastern Time. Not sure on these but I assume the same.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to those that stuck with it and nailed one!!! Keep fighting the good fight for those that are still trying

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

ASE privy 74,755 2/28/21
    ASE privy 74,754 3/7/21

Several sold on here last week and the numbers decreased? Returns? Interesting.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options

Very interesting on the ASE. More returns then sales???

Here are the rest of the numbers

AGE privy 1,939 (6 left) +0
    ASE privy 74,754 (246 left) -1
    1/2 oz gold 7,401 (99 left) -7
    Silver medal 19,715 (285 left) -5

• Options

@Kliao said:
    Very interesting on the ASE. More returns then sales???

Here are the rest of the numbers

ASE privy 74,754 (246 left) -1
    1/2 oz gold 7,401 (99 left) -7
    Silver medal 19,715 (285 left) -5

For the ASE and the silver medal, they've got to be coins that were lost in the mail or something. I doubt anyone is returning them at this point. They've hardly sold any in weeks and weeks.

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9, 2021 4:11PM

ASE V75 20XF SOLD OUT

24-Karat Gold 20XG SOLD OUT

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Th-th-that's all folks!"

Congrats to the few who slid in under the wire in the past week or two.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stick a fork in it

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

The the only WWII coin left is the silver medal. I suspect it'll go sold out in a few days as well.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had one in my cart just in case they changed the house hold limit but alas the fight is over

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@Kliao said:
    The the only WWII coin left is the silver medal. I suspect it'll go sold out in a few days as well.

I actually just had one shipped to me last week. I had bought it maybe a month ago.

• Options

ASE privy 74,748 (252 left) -6
    1/2 oz gold 7,392 (108 left) -9
    Silver medal 19,712 (288 left) -2

• Options

@Kliao said:
    ASE privy 74,748 (252 left) -6
    1/2 oz gold 7,392 (108 left) -9
    Silver medal 19,712 (288 left) -2

Gotta believe these are just about done. With all the Mint problems and their full plate for the rest of the year, unless they find a few laying around the shop floor...

• Options

@Batman23 said:

@Kliao said:
    As of Nov. 22
    AGE W/privy 1,939 (6 left 😭)
    ASE W/privy 74,990 (10 left)
    1/2 oz. gold 7,494 (6 left)
    Silver medal 19,994 (6left)

@Kliao said:
    So the numbers left are (As of Nov. 29)
    ASE privy 74,969 (31 left) -21
    1/2 oz gold 7,482 (18 left) -12
    Silver medal 19,992 (8 left) -2

>

And as of Dec. 6...
    AGE privy 1,936 (9 left)
    ASE privy 74,973 (27 left)
    1/2 oz. gold 7,482 (18 left)
    Silver medal 19,988 (12 left)

These are interesting numbers to try and decipher...

So I got some data to help decipher this. Remember that on 11/29 we had several members score an AGE. It was the last big day.

11/22 Inventory moved - 0
    11/23 Inventory moved - 0
    11/24 Inventory moved - 0
    11/25 Inventory moved - 0
    11/26 Inventory moved - 0
    11/27 Inventory moved - 16 to inventory
    11/28 Inventory moved - 0
    11/29 Inventory moved - 16 sold

11/30 Inventory moved - 2 to inventory
    12/01 Inventory moved - 1 to inventory

• Options

So some info on this AGE V75 20XE.

1939 were sold. Three others were returns that were deemed "Unsellable". Three others were set aside for the "Heritage Asset Program" which is evidently standard procedure. This accounts for the full 1945 mintage.

There was a lot of activity both ways between November 5 and November 20. Then after that there were many days of no activity.

The data I have shows daily plus and minus. I don't think it would differentiate and reflect a day with 50 sales and 30 returns, it would probably just show a sale of 20. Overall it shows 2116 sold with 177 returned which equals 1939.

It was kind of fun going through this thread and lining up the comments to the figures. We were seeing blips on days of no sales. But on some of those days there was activity going back into inventory.

Here are some activity dates and numbers for after November 20. I think I have the dates aligned right, what was provided to me was a day off.

11/27 16 returns
    11/29 16 sales ...this was the last big sale day, several members scored...
    11/30 2 returns
    12/01 1 return

12/15 1 sale ...Congrats Bigole...
    12/16 1 return ...wasn't Bigole because he received his in hand this day...
    12/17 1 sale
    12/19 1 sale
    12/20 1 sale

1/14 1 sale
    1/15 1 sale

2/04 1 return
    2/25 1 return

• Options

@Batman23 Very interesting.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

they are missing a sale of the v75 AGE from 12/21

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file