Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Slab Box Recommendation Needed

mcarney1173mcarney1173 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 4, 2020 1:05PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Is there a slab box available with individual slots that will hold all (or most) generations of PCGS/NGC slabs. I currently have an old NGC box that I purchased because I read that it was compatible with both PCGS and NGC. Now, years after purchasing this box, I am actually putting slabs in there and realized that newer PCGS slabs do not fit. Older PCGS slabs fit just fine. Most of the slab boxes I see online like Intercept Shield do not have individual slots or they are wooden or far too fancy for what I am trying to accomplish. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with Lance. I have 5 of these and they work great.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great information !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the info Lance.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The boxes recommended by Lance are very good, I have a couple also. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get the ones without the slots. You can store more slabs in the same space and space is always an issue.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use the SL50 box, as it holds many different slabs and comes with foam stoppers to hold the slabs in place. Also, they work great for the oversized slabs when you have those on their sides.

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2022 6:00PM

This thread is a bit dated. If you haven't already seen, check out my post on this thread. It might be something you're looking for, if you haven't already found it.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1068368/coin-boxes-that-hold-all-slabs

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

USPS Priority Mail boxes hold all sizes and shapes with the added bonus of being free of charge:

Tim

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkeigwin said:
    These work pretty well.
    Lance.

"...the coins cannot move around inside the box because they are held firmly in place by tracks along the sides. These boxes are similar in size to the plastic boxes sold by PCGS and NGC but with the added protection of the Intercept Shield technology and the versatility to work for multiple brands of slabs. "

I have the older version (maybe original) and while an older NGC (no line, fatty or other name) does fit in the box, it does so tightly with the tab supports firmly against the slab all the way down and sometimes resting at a slight angle in the box slot. Do these newer boxes remedy that (a little wider slot)?
    Thanks

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:
    USPS Priority Mail boxes hold all sizes and shapes with the added bonus of being free of charge:

Tim

Could you be a little neater?

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DisneyFan said:

@pointfivezero said:

Tim

Could you be a little neater?

Your wish, my command:

Tim

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like these 10 slab boxes. They come in blue and red. Bought them off of eBay and the only negative is that they have to be shipped from China. I like them because they're smaller and they fit in the smaller spaces a lot easier than the big 20 count boxes. They hold all the PCGS, NGC, and ANACS holders. They ran me about $3 - $5 each.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file