Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Best rookie cards of all time

2»

Comments

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    There are a few cards that are considered to be Muhammad Ali's rookie card, I'll take these two.

very nice

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    Here’s the lesser known rookie cards of Mr. Cub and Mr. Cardinal...

1954 All Star Photo Pack - Ernie Banks

...and...

Appreciate "The Man" appearance. :)

Thanks for the kind words; I think it’s one of the coolest cards in the hobby for people who like scarce rookie cards. I love the look of the more classic and widely accepted ‘48 Bowman rookie card, too.

It’s rather amazing to me that Stan started playing pro baseball in 1941 but wouldn’t have any cards until ‘46 and no American issued cards until ‘48. It’s funny to think that a players rookie card could coincide with the same year he wins his 3rd (and final) MVP. At least he only had one under his belt (and would win his 2nd) in 1946.

What a ball player.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PNWcollector said:
    I really like Orlando Cepeda’s rookie card. I think the Cepeda illustration with the red background and white

Great looking card for sure.

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the Cepeda RC, I like the stretch off first base. Unique pose/pic for a baseball card!

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2020 1:12PM

@JBrules said:

@PNWcollector said:
    I really like Orlando Cepeda’s rookie card. I think the Cepeda illustration with the red background and white

Great looking card for sure.

That Cepeda just went on my radar as a card I will get someday. Awesome looking card. He wasn’t in the HOF yet when I memorized what all the Topps HOF Cards looked like by pouring through the Topps coffee table book as a kid. Guys like Cepeda and Santo and others elected after I was an adult are new looking to me. Before every major card show I would go through that book and make my want list.

• Options
    MoonmanMoonman Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

This one is my favorite

• Options
    MoonmanMoonman Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the Jogo Moon!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

I 2nd that ... love XRCs. When I was a kid the 83 jogo moon was mythical. Never saw one in person. Only heard of the legend in the annual football Beckett guide. I remember going on a family trip to Niagara Falls in about 1990 when I was 11. I was so excited about going to a Canadian card shops. My parents graciously brought my brother and I to 2 before saying enough is enough. Moon jogo was one of my 1st eBay purchases when I got back into the hobby.

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

Traded a 1988 fleer Jordan sticker showing PSA 9 pack for this card plus another rookie authentic card autographed PSA10 74 Gervin. Thank you Last Dance!!

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2020 9:44AM

Some of my favorite looking rookies. Always really liked the look of the Murray with the old Oriole Bird logo on the helmet, and 2001 SP Authentic and 1984 Fleer Update are 2 of my favorite looking sets of all time.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

This is one of my favorites. It’s fairly rare. I have only seen 2. Surfing cards aren’t popular but Slater is the best in the sport and has done it at a high level for a long time.

1987 Astroboys Kelly Slater

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is one no one else will post just to be different.

All time Saints great

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2020 7:46PM

Here is another one a little more serious that is under the radar.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    Tecmo BoilTecmo Boil Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

Awesome!!!

• Options
    JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2020 6:23AM

Delete wrong thread

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!

• Options
    GreedoguyGreedoguy Posts: 147 ✭✭✭

Bunch of crazed dogs....

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here’s some more modern rookies, from perhaps the greatest team ever assembled - the 1998 New York Yankees (125-50, best record ever produced by a World Champion)...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest