Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone want to share their new purchases?

Comments

• Options
    Apollo_23Apollo_23 Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

@Apollo_23 said:
    Just won this 1884-CC MS63 DMPL in old PCGS holder. Is it worth to get the new holder and true view?

I meant do I send it for regarding

• Options
    willywilly Posts: 288 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brianc1959 The Bust Halves are fantastic looking. 1810 Strike on the Stars I like a lot.

• Options
    brianc1959brianc1959 Posts: 342 ✭✭✭✭✭

@willy said:
    @brianc1959 The Bust Halves are fantastic looking. 1810 Strike on the Stars I like a lot.

@willy Thanks! I feel fortunate to have won the auction on the 1810 in particular.

• Options
    JRGeyerJRGeyer Posts: 134 ✭✭✭

@LanLord said:
    My activity has been sharply curtailed in recent years, a few recent changes coming in, offset by many things going out.

Nice 1867, V-1?

• Options
    124Spider124Spider Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dropdaflag said:
    New pickup this morning at the local coin show.

When I recently posted my 1893-S Morgan, you (self-deprecatingly) said that you were just starting your Morgan collection. But every Morgan dollar you post is fabulous--keep it up!

• Options
    124Spider124Spider Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanLord said:
    My activity has been sharply curtailed in recent years, a few recent changes coming in, offset by many things going out.

In my fantasies, my "sharply curtailed" activity includes that haul in a whole year, much less all at once!

Beautiful coins!

Mark

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRGeyer said:

@LanLord said:

Nice 1867, V-1?

I’m not entirely sure, but it’s got a lot of character.

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanLord said:

@JRGeyer said:

@LanLord said:

Nice 1867, V-1?

I’m not entirely sure, but it’s got a lot of character.

Looks like a DMPL H10C ⭐️

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2024 6:26AM

@BECOKA said:
    Not the most attractive example but it is the more difficult to get die pairing of the two known

Nice... first year gold from the New Orleans mint, and the only year with the obverse mint mark.

Is it coin turn or Medal turn ?

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    DropdaflagDropdaflag Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭

When I recently posted my 1893-S Morgan, you (self-deprecatingly) said that you were just starting your Morgan collection. But every Morgan dollar you post is fabulous--keep it up!

I am not even half way. and the missing half are the "BIGGIES". Your 1893-S at the top of that list.

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRGeyer said:

@LanLord said:

Nice 1867, V-1?

Upon further review, I agree with the V-1 classification.
    It's really busy on both sides. Sometime I'm going to need to look at these surfaces under higher mag than I can hold with a lens.
    I have a small microscope that hooks up to my iphone, I need to practice with that and see what I can see.

• Options

Finally came in!!!

• Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file