Home Precious Metals
Options

Show me where I can buy silver at today’s price.

crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve been looking hard to pick up silver at this dip in the price. It appears that the sellers haven’t received the message that the price has dropped drastically. I guess I’ll keep looking.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

they dont have to sell, its not really that kind of price

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck! I know dealers selling ASE's at spot +7 and running out.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

We sold all we had at current $15 oz with in 5 min of opening the door saturday, problem is I only had about 30 oz to sell. Very hard to find sellers at this lower level to be able to buy it from and offer it. Give it a few days, it will come rolling in.
    Gold has, but had no buyers for it, had to take a sht pile to the refinery today

• Options

@jdimmick said:
    We sold all we had at current $15 oz with in 5 min of opening the door saturday, problem is I only had about 30 oz to sell. Very hard to find sellers at this lower level to be able to buy it from and offer it. Give it a few days, it will come rolling in.
    Gold has, but had no buyers for it, had to take a sht pile to the refinery today

Thank you for that information. I all but gave up. It’s seems as $178.00 for a ten ounce bar is as low as it gets then you add up the tax and your way overboard from the gate.
    I’ll keep an eye on it.
    Thanks again

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    DscoinDscoin Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭

I went to 2 coin shops yesterday. 90% at both was selling at 11.3 times face(that includes sales tax in our great state of MN) and ASE rolls at one shop were selling at $325 each and at the other they were selling at $382. I cleaned out the $325 shop and laughed at selling the guy next to me buy 2 rolls for $382 each.
    The $325 a roll shop sold 4 rolls in the first half hour he was open (not all to me)and was then sold out. I would have bought at $350....😁

Successful transactions with: Lakesammman, jimineez1, Flackthat, PerryHall, bidask, bccox, TwistedArrow1962, free_spirit, alexerca, scooter25, FHC, tnspro, mcarney1173, moursund, and SurfinxHI (6 times)

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

the spot price/quote you are seeing is not for physical metal, it is the price for paper futures. It is the base price for physical metals to which a premium is added. Premium is determined by fabrication cost, and supply and demand of the physical stuff.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just for fun I put a few nice generic silver rounds on ebay for 24$ ea. Now to wait and see how long they last.

• Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

@Jinx86 said:
    Just for fun I put a few nice generic silver rounds on ebay for 24$ ea. Now to wait and see how long they last.

I've had a 2009 NGC MS69 Silver Eagle listed for $29.50 on theBay for about a month, it just sold on Friday

BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am looking at gold. I must decide quickly, bullion or collector coin.

• Options
    ProofmorganProofmorgan Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went to a local coin show today. Was hoping to buy silver cheap. At $16-18 per oz for genetic the cases were wiped out in no time.

The sentiment was “I’d rather not sell it for less than that” and “I can’t even replace it if I want to, everyone is sold out”

Collector of Original Early Gold with beginnings in Proof Morgan collecting.
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will magically reappear when the price bounces back.

• Options
    isaiah58isaiah58 Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

Robinhood, eTrade, etc....

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can buy physical AT that price all over. The kicker is that you can't buy it FOR that price.

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

@pragmaticgoat said:

@Jinx86 said:

I've had a 2009 NGC MS69 Silver Eagle listed for $29.50 on theBay for about a month, it just sold on Friday

Odds on them sending it back...

keceph `anah
  • Options

@BAJJERFAN said:
    You can buy physical AT that price all over. The kicker is that you can't buy it FOR that price.

Ahh, once again not true, fact is only you can’t...

keceph `anah
  • Options

@rawteam1 said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

Read that again. Do you not understand the distinction between buying at a price or buying for a price?

When spot is 12 and you bought for 3 over then you still bought at or when spot was 12. If you paid 12 then you bought for spot. Unnerstand?

• Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 867 ✭✭✭✭

Some of us that have to sell silver have no choice but to sell in here at these prices. This is our stash for TSHTF and the PM losing 35% in the last 3 days is making it hard... but have to survive

• Options

@Relaxn said:
    Some of us that have to sell silver have no choice but to sell in here at these prices. This is our stash for TSHTF and the PM losing 35% in the last 3 days is making it hard... but have to survive

I have no intention of selling. Just curious if it’s possible to buy at today’s prices and where. I’d also like to add silver has dropped $2.00 an ounce since I started this thread. So, I would have already lost money if purchased Friday.
    Now I’m wondering where it’s all going to end. I have a huge stash of silver myself and at this point it is no hedge against what’s happening now with the stock market. We have to close our school until the end of the month and will help out our employees with out of pocket because we care. I’m an older guy and I’ve never seen this before nor have I’ve ever seen these crazy ideas being thrown around by these crazy politicians.
    I hope everyone is doing what they can to be safe.
    I wish everyone the very best, Joe

• Options

@BAJJERFAN said:

@rawteam1 said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

Read that again. Do you not understand the distinction between buying at a price or buying for a price?

When spot is 12 and you bought for 3 over then you still bought at or when spot was 12. If you paid 12 then you bought for spot. Unnerstand?

I unnerstand the semantics of a losing trader/trade/position etc...

keceph `anah
  • Options

@Relaxn said:

wait it out brother , don't get shaken out

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad silver is not available at current paper spot price. If it were I would feel obligated to buy and quite frankly I'm tired of buying this gutter metal. One can only store so much.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

"The drop is like a pcgs holder. "it adds value; to the holder"

Yes you may quote me.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Relaxn said:

You might put an offer on the BST for $17/oz and see if you get some offers. You might.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2020 12:31PM

@Higashiyama said:
    If you're willing to buy 5000 ounces, you could buy March 2020 futures and take delivery. The price will be close to spot plus modest transaction/delivery costs.

(I've never done it, but I think you'll actually get five 1000 ounce bars; perhaps five of us could chip in and get one each!)

and just hope they can deliver. Do not forget they are selling more than they actually have. That's how they beat the price down.

• Options

who in thier right mind would want 1000 ounce bars though? :D

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Higashiyama said:
    If you're willing to buy 5000 ounces, you could buy March 2020 futures and take delivery. The price will be close to spot plus modest transaction/delivery costs.

(I've never done it, but I think you'll actually get five 1000 ounce bars; perhaps five of us could chip in and get one each!)

not all brokers allow someone to take a delivery on a contract, and they put the onus on the contract parties to know how to make it happen.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said “ who in thier right mind would want 1000 ounce bars though? ”

Although I tend to agree, you have to admit it would be quite a conversation piece!

Higashiyama
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

industrial 1000 oz bars

• Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Scottsdale mint is selling their 10oz stackers for around $15/oz on their webiste. Anybody here familiar with their service?

BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options

@pragmaticgoat said:
    Scottsdale mint is selling their 10oz stackers for around $15/oz on their webiste. Anybody here familiar with their service?

We are still aways off from the low...

keceph `anah
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pragmaticgoat said:

That's still over $4.00 spot. I've used them in the past w/o any issues.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

@pragmaticgoat said:

I am familiar with there service and they are straight up respectable. Just not sure why their silver always get bid up too high for me to jump in.

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

I asked on another thread, I thought futures contracts were now written so you CANNOT take delivery...not true?

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options

@shorecoll said:
    I asked on another thread, I thought futures contracts were now written so you CANNOT take delivery...not true?

What is... an example of what disqualifies one for specific investible actions...

keceph `anah
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Right before the big drop in spot price, I bought some Engelhard 1 oz bars from our LCS. Never did I think the price would be higher after the spot price fell hard.

The LCS price for ASEs was $2 over, which put them at $17.90 each. They may be cleaned out by now.

APMEX now has random year ASEs at $24.15 ($12 over spot!) for singles, but will drop the price to $22.15 ($10 over!) if you buy at least 1500 of them ... dang!

Others, like Provident Metals, has them for $17.73 for singles and $16.83 (only $4.70 over) for 500 or more pieces. Then again, they don't have any for sale ...

It's crazy out there ...

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2020 8:17AM

I ordered a few 10oz Scottsdale stackers @ $3 over spot ($151) 3 days ago. Wish I bought more, they're already $9 higher. :/

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options

You can always buy silver at today's prices (if it's not out of stock), you just can't buy it at spot prices. Unless it is junk, you never really could.

• Options

maybe there some at the dollar tree , check the aisle where they keep the hand sanitizer and toilet paper

• Options

Physical price - the natural law of supply and demand hard at work
    Spot price - the corrupt law of Charles Ponzi hard at work

• Options
    Mike59Mike59 Posts: 297 ✭✭✭

Listing on eBay 2 tubes of ASE for $1785 . Not sure if 2004 ASE low mintage but $44 each seems excessive.
    IMHO
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORTY-2004-AMERICAN-SILVER-EAGLE-ASE-BU-2-MINT-ROLLS-UNTOUCHED-from-Monster-Box/362715973156?hash=item54738e8624:g:AX8AAOSwnlFagNZZ

MIKE B.

• Options

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems Toilet paper is more rare than Silver at the moment. I can't get any at any price.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options

@metalmeister said:
    Seems Toilet paper is more rare than Silver at the moment. I can't get any at any price.

One AP has 2020 ASEs for $5 over for sealed MBs.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said:

@metalmeister said:

but what's min order?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

They had some at Sam's Club about 90 minutes ago.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

I have a feeling it’s really going to pop soon. Today up .80. Just watch what happens this week.

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@metalmeister said:

but what's min order?

That's their dealer pricing so I assume 1. Ship Friday.