Home U.S. Coin Forum

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice, someone must have given up on the copper hoard

Collector, occasional seller

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks as if an old cent hoard has been dumped.....Happens periodically....Cheers, RickO

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Looks as if an old cent hoard has been dumped.....Happens periodically....Cheers, RickO

One mans trash is another mans treasure :) Now, over the coming days I will sift through the saved ones looking for 10 or 20 of the best for my next order. Obviously, I have a lot of info on hand from my last order to learn from and should reduce some of my prior mistakes.

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2020 8:55PM

"Way Out" Contuined.
    #2 ... With this D do thee...Stop right there !

1998 US cent ( with honorable mention<s )
      Close AM to be determined regarding date
      Designer mark ( Fg ) with no sherifs

And lots of little goodies.

3 Destruction of property prohibited.

Also no cry babies !

What are my odds if I get a Small 2 in the tar pit.
    I'd say 3.1.

2 "Way Out" Contuined.

Same roll, cool!
          Progression![](https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/qm/cwv9punt07cy.jpg "")

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2020 3:35PM

first box of Lincoln finds
    I wish I could take a decent picture as I can't capture the luster of these coins

along with these I recovered 31 wheats plus one 2019 Roosevelt dime( which puts me ahead of the game) :) The 2006 has extreme proof like luster but can't capture it either. All photos taken by my cell phone

Kennedys are my quest...

@WAYNEAS . Nice score on the '75 die chip and the 72 D for strike. My cell takes bad pics as well, I need an upgrade or an actual camera so the pros can chime in on some I want to send in for grading.
    All of those years have either a double die and/or error possibilities. Have you checked?

Looks as if you found a clipped planchet on that '75 cent... interesting. Cheers, RickO

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @WAYNEAS . Nice score on the '75 die chip and the 72 D for strike. My cell takes bad pics as well, I need an upgrade or an actual camera so the pros can chime in on some I want to send in for grading.
    All of those years have either a double die and/or error possibilities. Have you checked?

I have found a '72 DDO over the years but nothing in this search. I did find some of 2019 die varieties listed in "Wexler's Coin and Die Varieties". I also found two 2000 wide AMS and a really beautiful 1982 small date(zinc). It does weigh 2.5 grams. Looking for the copper variety, as well as the 1998 and 1999 wide AMS. With the world in isolation I can continue my roll searches. I just realized that I did not list the dates. Sorry about that. The dates are: '60 d, '68 p, '68 s (2), '69 d, '70 s, '72 d (2), '74 s, ''75 clip and the proof like 2006 p. Unfortunately no DD or error strikes. But there is still today's search. Will let you know if I find anything interesting. :)

Kennedys are my quest...

@WAYNEAS said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

I have found a '72 DDO over the years but nothing in this search. I did find some of 2019 die varieties listed in "Wexler's Coin and Die Varieties". I also found two 2000 wide AMS and a really beautiful 1982 small date(zinc). It does weigh 2.5 grams. Looking for the copper variety, as well as the 1998 and 1999 wide AMS. With the world in isolation I can continue my roll searches. I just realized that I did not list the dates. Sorry about that. The dates are: '60 d, '68 p, '68 s (2), '69 d, '70 s, '72 d (2), '74 s, ''75 clip and the proof like 2006 p. Unfortunately no DD or error strikes. But there is still today's search. Will let you know if I find anything interesting. :)

Man, your way ahead of me on varieties. These are three 82's from my last order and I think I have all of them beat already from my last roll search along with several other years, 05 thru 09. I also sent in some real dogs on the last order and in the copper years but we don't need to talk about those :# Their replacements are also in the works.
    Good Luck! And don't forget to wash your coins. :D

edited March 18, 2020 6:19AM

this is ironic
    as you posted your 1982 coin picture, I was doing my roll search and this was my find with the weight of 3.07 and a large date

I do not know the +/- of a coins weight but to me this is a copper coin :)

Kennedys are my quest...

• Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mannie gray said:

@Wahoo554 said:
    This was out of two or three boxes, and yes, that 64 quarter was in a roll of half dollars. Top left was my favorite.

Wow...some good luck there.....

Sorry, I find this hard to believe...

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

****> @WAYNEAS said:

this is ironic
    as you posted your 1982 coin picture, I was doing my roll search and this was my find with the weight of 3.07 and a large date

I do not the +/- of a coins weight but to me this is a copper coin :)

It is a copper coin.
    +/- 3.1 g

• TimbobbTimbobb Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

(9) 1960 D small date finds in alittle over a years time
    coin roll hunting .

Showing large date.
    3.7 ?

• Wahoo554Wahoo554 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:

@mannie gray said:

@Wahoo554 said:
    This was out of two or three boxes, and yes, that 64 quarter was in a roll of half dollars. Top left was my favorite.

Are you referring to my post from December?

@WAYNEAS said:
    this is ironic

The major variety is the 82 D small date in copper. Here is some of what I’m currently working on. I need to narrow it down to 5 or 6 in the 80’s.
    All 82’s aside from the small date are bronze.

The 82's should have a thread of their own.
    Not Here.
    Cool

@CoinscratchFever said:

@WAYNEAS said:
    this is ironic

The major variety is the 82 D small date in copper. Here is some of what I’m currently working on. I need to narrow it down to 5 or 6 in the 80’s.
    All 82’s aside from the small date are bronze.

What are you using to take your pictures? Thanks

@Wahoo554 said:

@Joe_360 said:

@mannie gray said:

@Wahoo554 said:

Respectfully, yes.

@Joe_360
    iphone 8, do they look a little better this time?

@CoinscratchFever said:

@WAYNEAS said:
    this is ironic

some really nice finds...your pictures are great...what type of lighting did you use?

Kennedys are my quest...

@WAYNEAS said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@WAYNEAS said:
    this is ironic

some really nice finds...your pictures are great...what type of lighting did you use?

Heck if I know :) Whatever's in the chandelier plus two 60 watt led table lamps. It seems on the cell pics the resolution is reduced greatly if you crop or enlarge a picture. And when taking a pic it seems to increase resolution If you zoom in on the lens and then move the camera away to the right distance for size. Rather than not zooming and then moving to the focus point.
    Still need a camera to see what is really going on with a coin. My problem is using a loupe with side distortion so I'm only seeing a small portion of the coin up close and not the whole picture at any one time.
    Those pics are better but will not be good enough when making a final decision on whether to send in for grading.

@Joe_360 said:

@Wahoo554 said:

@Joe_360 said:

@mannie gray said:

@Wahoo554 said:

Respectfully, yes.

I don’t appreciate your implied accusation that I fabricated or otherwise misrepresented my find. Respectfully, you should exercise more restraint before making such baseless and unwarranted assertions on a public forum.

@Wahoo554 said:

@Joe_360 said:

@Wahoo554 said:

@Joe_360 said:

@mannie gray said:

@Wahoo554 said:

Respectfully, yes.

I don’t appreciate your implied accusation that I fabricated or otherwise misrepresented my find. Respectfully, you should exercise more restraint before making such baseless and unwarranted assertions on a public forum.

Thanks, as I wrote, "hard to believe" never implied fabrication. 24 Franklyn's in 2 maybe 3 boxes is beyond amazing, not including everything else. With that kind of good fortune, I would think that you would not stopped.

I guess that I could not be so lucky. I will retract my earlier comment, and just say amazed!

I don't care the date or the denomination...keep those finds coming...it is always nice to know that there are many coins in circulation yet to be had. :) I would like to know if there were found in eastern, mid or western states, even if found in your spouses pocketbook / wallet. lol :D

Kennedys are my quest...

@Joe_360 said:

@Wahoo554 said:

@Joe_360 said:

@Wahoo554 said:

@Joe_360 said:

@mannie gray said:

@Wahoo554 said:

Respectfully, yes.

Thanks, as I wrote, "hard to believe" never implied fabrication. 24 Franklyn's in 2 maybe 3 boxes is beyond amazing, not including everything else. With that kind of good fortune, I would think that you would not stopped.

I guess that I could not be so lucky. I will retract my earlier comment, and just say amazed!

I appreciate the retraction, and it’s all good. I was certainly lucky to say the least. Here’s a link to a thread where I posted about one of the mega boxes that comprised the bulk of that haul photographed in my earlier post:

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/12440226#Comment_12440226

@WAYNEAS said:
    I don't care the date or the denomination...keep those finds coming...it is always nice to know that there are many coins in circulation yet to be had. :) I would like to know if there were found in eastern, mid or western states, even if found in your spouses pocketbook / wallet. lol :D

I'm located outside Phila..
    Local bank purchase.
    Lots of 82's

@Wahoo554 . I find it hard to believe that you found that much persistence to persevere. Just kidding :D I'm sure you come by it naturally.
    I need to step up my game a little bit. But, I'm not ready to buy 5 or 10 boxes of those per week. I'm taking the buy low and sell high to the extreme level :)

@ThreeCentSilverFL said:
    Well, since this seems to be the coin roll hunt thread, I’ll share this ‘64 silver quarter that I found today in a bank roll, complete with thumbprints and toning, and who knows what else. Wash those hands.

I could edit it to the "Unofficial" but Heather did approve it so B)
    Keep it coming!

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @Wahoo554 . I find it hard to believe that you found that much persistence to persevere. Just kidding :D I'm sure you come by it naturally.
    I need to step up my game a little bit. But, I'm not ready to buy 5 or 10 boxes of those per week. I'm taking the buy low and sell high to the extreme level :)

I was never up to that kind of quantity, but I was going through anywhere between 1-3 boxes per week for a while. The key to success is to have a pregnant wife. I had to find something to keep me occupied when she went to bed at 8:30 and we stayed in on weekend nights...

• Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely :D buying..... And selling!!

Ok , Ok,
    My statement just bit me on the butt.
    Although, just announcing another find.
    3.1, wt. Looks large but it keeps pulling me in to a small. D's every where even in the B of liberty.
    Picture this, just a thought.
    If you flatten a small 2 would it turn into a large 2?
    3 photo's:
    .1 The 82
    .2 Double D's
    .3 Come On Really?
    All found in 2 rolls this week.

Better view of #3

@emeraldATV . Where do you find such grunge? I have found cleaner coins metal detecting. Those look like they came out of a septic tank. In that condition even a 69 dd wouldn't be worth much but, to each his own, right B)

today's finds
    First is a 2000 Wide AM
    The second is to me a very intriguing coin
    It is a 1973 highly proof like coin
    Your opinions please, good, bad or indifferent!
    Again sorry for the bad cell pics :(

Kennedys are my quest...

@WAYNEAS . That is intriguing, either a proof like or a proof No S.
    Both very cool finds.

@relicsncoins said:

Here is a roll find I dubbed snot nosed Lincoln.

That's pretty cool and disgusting at the same time.

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WAYNEAS said:
    today's finds
    First is a 2000 Wide AM
    The second is to me a very intriguing coin
    It is a 1973 highly proof like coin
    Your opinions please, good, bad or indifferent!
    Again sorry for the bad cell pics :(

The 73 looks polished

Collector, occasional seller

@relicsncoins....That is one long booger there :D A keeper for sure. Cheers, RickO

• Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Won’t be able to Coin roll hunt for a while; banks closed their lobbies today for who knows how long.

On your 2000 cent, the A 's in AMERICA on the reverse, They don'
    t match and I've found a few of these myself.
    Just a thought.

@emeraldATV.... Nice to find silver in pocket change.....only found one silver Rosie in change this year - so far. Cheers, RickO

@emeraldATV said:
    On your 2000 cent, the A 's in AMERICA on the reverse, They don'
    t match and I've found a few of these myself.
    Just a thought.

I am a little confused on the 2000 coin you are talking about. Mine is a 2000 wide AM as shown in the picture. The picture that you are posting shows a close AM. Is it a coin that you have with the different starting A and ending A in AMERICA or are you saying that wide AM's have different style letter A's? I have not seen it mentioned in any of my reference books. If it is a different recognized variety, please let me know where I can find its listing. Thanks in advance. :)

Kennedys are my quest...

and speaking of 2000 Lincolns. here is today's find.

Kennedys are my quest...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file