Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Selling like hotcakes

Comments

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. I meant I would get it signed later. I'll keep an eye open for it.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    BuckHunter68BuckHunter68 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭

A couple of Zekes, A Jet, A Brat and a Duke...

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella

• Options

For the Christmas Auctions this year, I have been working on our deceased players from this year. A heck of a pitching staff developing...the 2020 squad looks awfully tough.

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella

• Options

6 new Wilson styled coming soon. Here's Willie, Mickey and The Duke...

• Options

A very young "Bad Henry"

• Options

I like them all, but for some reason I find that Mays really striking.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options

Thank you!
    The Mays is probably "too crisp" Lol. Sometimes I get carried away and leave an image more appealing than authentic. I try to strike a balance but Mays is my favorite. I blur them to help them to look more "in period". You have a good eye!

• Options
    dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

Original plan for my Orr. Now not so sure with those others!

Jason

• Options
    clarke442clarke442 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BuckHunter68 said:
    How 'bout some new Hockey!?! This set is only planned for 32 cards. Here's the first 3...

I just caught up with this thread . . . when or did these Hockey Cards come out?
    I need me a Bucyk

• Options

Jason, Oh, my goodness! That Orr display is SO cool! > @dad2cl3 said:

Original plan for my Orr. Now not so sure with those others!

Jason

• Options

The Bucyk will actually be in our Christmas Auction...It will start December 7th & 8th. Baseball will list on the 7th and everything else (Hockey, Hoops, Entertainment, Americana, etc.) More Christmas items...

Ron Necciai (ne-CH-eye) struck out 27 in a professional game in May of '52!

• Options

@BuckHunter68 said:
    The Bucyk will actually be in our Christmas Auction...It will start December 7th & 8th. Baseball will list on the 7th and everything else (Hockey, Hoops, Entertainment, Americana, etc.) More Christmas items...

AWESOME !!!!
    Thank You

• Options

A new '55 Roberts...I love the image on this one!

• Options

1952 Nellie Fox done with airbrush and flexichrome

• Options

Finished painting up the '53 Hodges...The sky on '53 is a bit "purplish", so that will need an adjustment, but I like the blue sky better...

• Options

More Wilson's for Christmas!...

• Options

Here's a "requestomendation" I received earlier this year. I honestly knew nothing of Charles Peete. Interesting and very sad story.

• Options
    edited October 30, 2020 4:44PM

Every once in a while, a card comes out just fantastic. This one is fantastic. Prior to his weight loss, a young Sawchuk. I spilled fleshtone in the seating area--and it didn't look to bad. So I spread it around and covered it up with a deep sepia tone (like '52 Topps baseball) and it really popped! Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good B)

• Options

So many guys without cards 1952-1955

• Options

Totally different vibe...

• Options

The "Sixty Project" is probably the cleanest of the sets I do. I use some diffusion and blur, but keep the images registered. They're really pretty and colorful this way.

• Options

"On Ice" hockey old school Blackhawks

• Options

Popular Phillie!

• Options

Pretty crazy...these 3 guys were in the same outfield...IN HIGH SCHOOL!!! The Reds signed 'em all!!!

• Options

Love my hockey!

• Options

A Pesky start to the new week...ba-dum...tiss! To think, at one time, I didn't like horizontal cards!?!

• Options

Also from this weekend...the "Lil Professor"

• Options

A "never was" Prince Hal...
    Many know he was a dominant pitcher for the better part of a decade before breaking down in his 30's, but few know he was an exceptional scout. He retired from scouting in disgust when the club he worked for, Houston, went against his wished to draft Derek Jeter in favor of Phil Nevin, I believe...or one of those squatty power-hitter types of that era...

• Options

The "600" series (cards 600-660) will begin in 2021. It will feature 60's-80's guys that had regional success or post season glory.
    In the #601 spot is Chris Chambliss...these will be extra fun. If there's a player you think should be included--let me know, please!
    I was going for the '52 Mize vibe on the Chambliss without being obvious.

• Options

In 2018, we began offering a series of cards called "Yankee Girls"...I collect tobacco advertisements, figurines, etc. These cards are larger in size and are colorized and half-toned in an authentic filter to create a very unique look. As I am preparing the 2020 Christmas Auction, I was looking through these. I wanted to share a few...

• Options

Everybody feels good when they look at cards of Broadway Joe!

• Options

For viewing pleasure, here are a handful of Session One Highlights from the Christmas Auctions this year.
    There will be 250 lots up over two weeks--but here's a handful. Meanwhile, I recommend Flipsnack for cataloguing your collections. Great way to share them, record them, view them, etc. Fun to make!
    https://www.flipsnack.com/Frossman1/2020-banty-red-christmas-auction-session-one/full-view.html

• Options

That Namath is stellar!

• Options

You Son of a . . .

You picked my other "Old Time" Boston favorite player

With Bucyk and Pesky, others on my Christmas list may have to go with out this year

@BuckHunter68 said:
    A Pesky start to the new week...ba-dum...tiss! To think, at one time, I didn't like horizontal cards!?!

Of course this is all said with sarcasm

Awesome cards

• Options

Thank you so much!

• Options
    edited January 7, 2021 8:45AM

New for 2021 will be the 1952 Basketball set. Looks like 18 cards and a checklist. Solid images from the early 50's for basketball players are TOUGH to find.

• Options

Baby Snake!!!

• Options

The Bucyk and Pesky are on eBay until tomorrow evening. Both are pretty cheap!

• Options

Working on the "600 Series" for 2021. It will feature solid everyday players from the 60's and 70's in the '52 format. This is great for me as I actually SAW these guys when they broke in and during their prime! Any players on your favorite teams you can suggest?

• Options

This set won't be available for awhile, but the 1952 Basketball set--featuring just 18 subjects and an unnumbered checklist--is in production. The Bob Cousy turned out very nice!

• Options

Some cool Big Red Machine cards on the block this week. These were extra fun to do. I love my 70's!
    Grifffey, Nolan, Rose are also in the set (not pictured)

• Options

Brand-New Furillo...my '55 Dodgers are almost complete!

• Options

I always get excited to share when I make a card of my all-time favorite athlete...

• Options

Looks awesome in hand compared to my crappy cell phone picture

• Options
    edited February 4, 2021 6:57AM

Hello Folks! Black History Month 2021 has spawned some new additions. I went for the '52 Mays vibe on the Joe Louis. My favorite card this month is Myrtis Dightman. It probably won't sell, but the dude is truly an all-time great!

• Options

LOVE the Luke Easter card!

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2021 7:03AM

@BuckHunter68 said:
    I always get excited to share when I make a card of my all-time favorite athlete...

• Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

BuckHunter your scanner is scary good. These cards are jumping off the screen!

• Options

@Goldenage said:

@BuckHunter68 said:

He's just awesome.

• Options

...some of my favorites from the sensational 70's!

The scanner is an Epson V700 PHOTO...the thing is a relic! Lol