PCGS slabs Daniel Carr! Way to go! You rock!

ZoinsZoins Posts: 20,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 18, 2019 6:53PM in U.S. Coin Forum

@U1chicago posted photos of his first slabbed @dcarr piece in the Dan Carrs latest thread but I thought this warranted its own thread.

It's only fitting that a 2007 Amero is among the first pieces as design discussion for those pieces happened on these very forums.

Check it out in all its TrueView glory.

Comments

• jabbajabba Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will they slab all of them? What about the after hours minted stuff?

• DCWDCW Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

How much money does PCGS leave on the table by refusing to certify Dcarr pieces? Seriously! They are now a celebrated part of many collectors' holdings, and I see no reason not to certify and slab them with other exonumia. They could use Dan's continuously updated virtual catalog on his own site to accomplish this. (Would probably be even better if Dan assigned attribution numbers to his pieces.)

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is going to be an interesting thread, no doubt.

I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2019 10:27PM

I hope this is a joke. Are they also slabbing the NORFED guy's coins too? What about the Omega man's?

Edited: Is this limited to his "novelty" pieces or are the overstrikes included too?

• ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

I'm glad the word "fantasy" appears on the label.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 37,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ernie11 said:

Should "Fantasy" be on the label of the 1913 Liberty nickel which was an unauthorized issue?

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's about time!

Carr stuff is better quality and more interesting by far than what the Mint puts out.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 910 ✭✭✭✭✭

+1

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to see some of my rarer Carr pieces in a PCGS slab!

• rickoricko Posts: 71,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dan's products are of excellent quality, both in artistic presentation and manufacturing. I have a few pieces and will get more. Glad to see that our hosts are slabbing these now. Cheers, RickO

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 20,576 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's interesting that the denomination starts with "P" for "P100 Am". I would imagine "S" for Silver would be more fitting? P sounds like Platinum. Anyone know what P stands for here?

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:
    It's interesting that the denomination starts with "P" for "P100 Am". I would imagine "S" for Silver would be more fitting? P sounds like Platinum. Anyone know what P stands for here?

P for Pattern?
    (It doesn’t really fit but it’s the only thing that comes to mind).

• ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@ernie11 said:

Should "Fantasy" be on the label of the 1913 Liberty nickel which was an unauthorized issue?

Maybe. I'm still baffled as to why none of them have been confiscated, but that's for another thread.

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 13,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

:'(

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 20,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ernie11 said:

@PerryHall said:

@ernie11 said:

Maybe. I'm still baffled as to why none of them have been confiscated, but that's for another thread.

+1

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

No prongs either... Sweet! :)

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!