Home U.S. Coin Forum

Password help

HeatherBoydHeatherBoyd Posts: 406 admin
edited November 18, 2019 12:27PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hello all,

I just wanted to make a follow-up post with some additional info.

If you are still unable to access your account, please contact Mark at mharvey@collectors.com

If you have already emailed, please do not email again. If you sent your email to me, there is no need to also email Mark, I forwarded your message.

Obligatory: Please check your spam and junk folders

Happy Monday :)

P.S. PCGS is not the developer of this forum. We only fund and manage it. While we are happy to assist members with accessing their accounts, please keep messages cordial.

Heather Boyd
PCGS Senior Director of Marketing

Comments

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

FWIW, I just put my old password back in when I "created" the new account, and everything seemed to work ok... hope all is well... Thanks, Leo

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Heather....This will help...still some people locked out. Cheers, RickO

• opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭

@lkenefic said:
    FWIW, I just put my old password back in when I "created" the new account, and everything seemed to work ok... hope all is well... Thanks, Leo

You probably should change it...on the pinned announcement, it was said that the whole point of that was the possibility of a (small) chance of a password leak.

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

@opportunity said:

@lkenefic said:

You probably should change it...on the pinned announcement, it was said that the whole point of that was the possibility of a (small) chance of a password

Thanks for the heads up... I didn't see the pinned announcement.

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whew, that was tough. Just got a new IPad and having issues learning it as well. Thanks to all at PCGS who helped.

• SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 398 ✭✭✭

Just received my email from Mark bout 15 minutes ago. Message states they had to manually change my password so I could log in and to change password with a new password which I just did.

Thank you @HeatherBoyd and Mark H. for getting me back in so quickly!

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • @SONOMOSCA said:
    Just received my email from Mark bout 15 minutes ago. Message states they had to manually change my password so I could log in and to change password with a new password which I just did.

We are only able to do this after verifying your identity via an email from the email address associated with the user account! . :) Glad we were able to help you.

Heather Boyd

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SONOMOSCA said:

Ditto. Good to be back online.

• A few more notes here:

If you made a duplicate account to post during the off time, it will be banned after you regain access to your main per our rules and guidelines.

To those of you calling me every 30 minutes, please stop :) we are working through all requests **via email ** and will get to you as soon as possible.

Heather Boyd

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm back thanks to Heather and Mark.

Tempus fugit.
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HeatherBoyd & Mark Harvey

Thanks for your help to get me signed back in.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2019 4:24PM

Deleted for typos, carry on.

• I appreciate the help, @HeatherBoyd

• LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for letting me back.

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the help.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Make sure you are using the correct email address attached to your user name, if you have more than one email account.
    Just figured it out, all weekend been trying to change my PW with the wrong email addy.
    Man do I feel like a dope.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Mark for your help!

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Never got an email until I contacted Mark.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• jedmjedm Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's all good now. Gee whiz I missed not being able to post or like or vote in our polls, etc.

• I just received word from the forum software provider that they have updated the password reset email to fix the deliverability issues for those of you using the correct email but not receiving the reset instructions. If you are reading this and we didn't have a chance to help you today and you are still unable to access your account, please try a password reset one more time! :)

Heather Boyd

• JeffnluJeffnlu Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭

Just got back in now.

• MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭

@lkenefic said:

I did the same. It’s good to be back.

Derek

EAC 6024
  • ldhairldhair Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm fixed. Thanks.

Larry

• ldhairldhair Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

That hurts to even think about. ;)

Larry

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

I;m back and open for business. :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure what the meltdown is about. I was back on in 10 seconds. lol

Later, Paul.
  • cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Heather and Mark.

• littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you Heather and Mark for helping this computer illiterate navigate this issue! Most appreciated! The forum withdrawal symptoms have abated. LOL

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • 3stars3stars Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess I should look at what's in my account settings more often than once every 17 years... Probably still had an ancient email address. Thanks Mark for getting me back!

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

@3stars said:
    Guess I should look at what's in my account settings more often than once every 17 years... Probably still had an ancient email address. Thanks Mark for getting me back!

mine was an email from the 1990-1991 era. Mark took care of it quickly!

• ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkenefic said:

Same here. Thank Mark for re-setting it. I've been here a good 20 years and for some reason about a week ago, I could no longer log in.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • jonrunsjonruns Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for Mark for manually re-setting...I'm back now!!!

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that was a rough 72 hours.
    I was just walking around in circles in my office but that got old after about a day.
    Now all is good in my hood.

Thanks Ron
    Thanks Mark

• TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm finally back! Not sure what the issue was, but the system refused to send me the "reset password" email. (Checked SPAM...that wasn't the issue).

But Mark got me back into the system....and my withdrawal symptoms seem to be abating. :cold_sweat:

:)

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just was able to rest password, not being able to get on the system was disconcerting to say the least.
    Thank you Heather it is good to be back!

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • 2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally heard from Mark today and, even then, it took two tries with password resets from him.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark was very helpful, and I'd like to thank him for his help.

• JBNJBN Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the help.

• bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SkyMan said:
    Mark was very helpful, and I'd like to thank him for his help.

Me too!!

Ken
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HeatherBoyd said:

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    Can I get your phone number..... I promise to only call you every 45 minutes. :D

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang !!!

• Bumping since some users are still having trouble.

Heather Boyd

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Other than the fact I can't change my password from the one you set, no problems here.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file