Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

October collection additions: 10/01/19 What did you find?

Comments

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that is an awesome start to the October pickup thread. Great looking Maris.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Roger Maris PSA 9 is bad to the bone, bbbbbbbad, bbbbbbad to the bone!

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

Awesome 63 Maris. Love that green color.

• Options
    MoonmanMoonman Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

A few additions today, Lott and Perry are thanks to Prometheus.

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2019 8:48PM

grabbed these from value village tonight.

1. Colton Orr signed puck
    2. Jay McClement signed puck
    3. Toronto Marlies signed stick ( unsure year )

• Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭

I bought and received this in September, but with my fiancé and I just buying our first house I am only now getting around to post it. My last "big" purchase for a while (except when my eBay bucks hit):

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    edited October 3, 2019 1:08PM

can't seem to find the contact email for the marlies but managed to find some of the names on the stick

Ben Simon , Brendan Mikkelson , Juraj Mikus , Christian Hanson , Viktor Stalberg , Phil Oreskovic , Stefano Giliati , Justin Hodgman , Mark Bell , Robert Slaney , Andre Deveaux , Andy Schneider , Jonas Fogren .(update) : Jason Reimers

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

This looks sharp.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    1960 Anglo American Gum Joe Louis PSA 3. This is the highest graded PSA example.

Those are brutal to get a number grade on, congrats!

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

@doubledragon said:
    1960 Anglo American Gum Joe Louis PSA 3. This is the highest graded PSA example.

Those are brutal to get a number grade on, congrats!

Yes. Thank you. I'll be busy the entire month hiding this purchase from my wife, but oh well. I couldn't pass it up.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another Hall Of Fame auto on my favorite set. I don't know if he was a coach or not, but still cool either way.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pab1969 said:
    Another Hall Of Fame auto on my favorite set. I don't know if he was a coach or not, but still cool either way.

He was only a few years removed from playing for the Dodgers and I think was actually calling their baseball games in 1961, so there’s still a strong connection to the team there.

Nice pickup

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    He was only a few years removed from playing for the Dodgers and I think was actually calling their baseball games in 1961, so there’s still a strong connection to the team there.

Nice pickup

Thank you and thanks for the information.

• Options

Picked up another Roy last night, but missed out on several other big ticket ones:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

@rmh111985 said:
    Picked up another Roy last night, but missed out on several other big ticket ones:

Love this card! Red Labels are one of my favorite quests.

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• Options

Couple of basketball pickups. Always been fascinated with acetate cards since I was a kid. The Dunkin GoNuts insert set is one of the neatest of the 90s in my opinion.

Also decided to start a Flickr for my collection, it's been a really fun project and it's nice to have all the images in one spot. Should probably invest in a better scanner though:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/184724292@N07/?

Currently Collecting:

• Options
    CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    edited October 5, 2019 11:31AM

just picked up this card today ( 32 player booklet card ) : Rob Refsnyder, Max Kepler, Tim Anderson, A.J. Reed, Sean Manaea, Jose Berrios, Aaron Blair, Robert Stephenson, Tyler Naquin, Trevor Story, Mac Williamson, Kyle Schwarber, Corey Seager, Nomar Mazara, Miguel Sano, Stephen Piscotty, Greg Bird, Luis Severino, Brandon Nimmo, Lucas Giolito, Byung-Ho Park, Jameson Taillon, Willson Contreras, Alex Dickerson, Jose Peraza, Mallex Smith, Raul Adalberto Mondesi, Carl Edwards Jr., Jonathan Gray, Michael Conforto & Trea Turner.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2019 1:41PM

Found another small stack of beautiful ‘72 high numbers at the White Plains show this afternoon. I hate to have to pay $20 apiece to have them graded, but graded they must be! I guess I could seek out a group sub.

• Options

eBay bucks spent!

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Love the dunkin’ go-nuts card. Very underrated subset in my opinion.

• Options

One final basketball pickup. Luka silver. Propped up by my Jeff Skinner puck.

Currently Collecting:

• Options

@artee said:
    Love the dunkin’ go-nuts card. Very underrated subset in my opinion.

Agreed. Honestly not sure how they got around the copyright (trademark?) laws around that one, but glad they did! Wish more modern sets had that level of creativity.

Currently Collecting:

• Options

@Huskies11 said:
    Love this card! Red Labels are one of my favorite quests.

I have the Class 3 and this, from the pictures, is so much nicer looking. I've loved the Red Labels in every sport since they were released, it's such a subtle parallel that goes a long way in enhancing the card, in my opinion.

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    Since I decided to collect all of MJ's Nike poster cards roughly three years ago there has been one that I hadn't come across in any of my million different ebay searches until this past weekend with this Art Of The Dunk card. I was extremely happy to knock this one off my list even though there are a couple corners with minor dings.

Eric, great pickup! How many Jordan poster cards are there?

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2019 3:34PM

@Kid4hof03 said:

@erikthredd said:
    Since I decided to collect all of MJ's Nike poster cards roughly three years ago there has been one that I hadn't come across in any of my million different ebay searches until this past weekend with this Art Of The Dunk card. I was extremely happy to knock this one off my list even though there are a couple corners with minor dings.

Thanks Abe. I never found a complete checklist for these but through my own research and talking with a few other NPC collectors, Jordan has 29 different 5x7 cards ranging from 1983-1992. Those are cards that I've actually seen with him on it and I'm at 20 of the 29. Many of them only pop-up for sale a few times a year so it's pretty much been a waiting game and hope I can grab/win the ones I need before they're gone.

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@balco758 said:
    Added this 75 cello.....becoming little obsessed!

That is beautiful. Centering looks perfect!

Andy

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@Kid4hof03 said:

@erikthredd said:

Thanks Abe. I never found a complete checklist for these but through my own research and talking with a few other NPC collectors, Jordan has 29 different 5x7 cards ranging from 1983-1992. Those are cards that I've actually seen with him on it and I'm at 20 of the 29. Many of them only pop-up for sale a few times a year so it's pretty much been a waiting game and hope I can grab/win the ones I need before they're gone.

Thanks for the information, Eric. Do you happen to use ImageEvent or anything like that for your collection? I'd love to see the poster cards

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kid4hof03 said:

@erikthredd said:

@Kid4hof03 said:

@erikthredd said:

Thanks for the information, Eric. Do you happen to use ImageEvent or anything like that for your collection? I'd love to see the poster cards

I've never heard of ImageEvent before,I'll check it out. I did plan on making a thread either when I've got all of them or very close to it. I even opened an Instagram account to share the pics. Maybe I'll upload what I have at some point this week to show my progress.

• Options
    dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

added this to my Judge PC

• Options
    MoonmanMoonman Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

Ummmmmm.... That is not John Elway

@UFFDAH said:
    1979 Topps Football Rack with 3 Stars showing: Payton, ROOKIE Campbell and.......... "JOHN ELWAY" :D

• Options
    soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

Finally found a Mookie to add to my pc.

• Options

@moonlightgraham said:
    Barry just seems so undervalued. This is my third 89 Score PSA 10.

Agreed. Love that set. Almost bought a PSA 10 Aikman last weekend. Wish I had after seeing your Barry lol.

• Options

@UFFDAH said:
    1979 Topps Football Rack with 3 Stars showing: Payton, ROOKIE Campbell and.......... "JOHN ELWAY" :D

Sweetness and Campbell! Sweet rack!

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@balco758 said:
    Added this 75 cello.....becoming little obsessed!

That sure looks familiar!! Should have messaged me on here.... would have sold it cheaper and avoided those nasty Ebay fees. It wasn't an easy decision to let that one go as it had better centering than the other one that I have. But, glad to see that it went to a fellow board member and found a good home!!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com