NBA playoffs start this coming weekend.

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 8,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Predictions for the opening and subsequent rounds?

It will be very strange not to see LeBron James in the playoffs this year.

Comments

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 18,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

They could save us all some time and agony and just crown GS. It's over before it starts.

All Dimes All Varieties

Coins for sale

Canadian Dimes Set

Washington Quarters All Varieties 32-64

>RIP -image Rebecca 2004-2018...If love could have saved you - you would have lived forever<
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 8,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dimeman.

I think that the NBA playoffs will be very competitive this year, in both conferences.

After watching GS and other teams play this season I think the gap between GS and the other teams in both conferences has become very small. However, if GS flips the switch and for 48 minutes plays defense, offense and the transition game the way they are capable of playing they will likely win the title again.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 18,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

The East might be open, but they will be playing to see who gets to lose to GS in the finals........prolly 4-zip!

All Dimes All Varieties

Coins for sale

Canadian Dimes Set

Washington Quarters All Varieties 32-64

>RIP -image Rebecca 2004-2018...If love could have saved you - you would have lived forever<
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been looking forward to seeing which Celtics team will show up for the playoffs,the one that turns up their defensive effort to 110% and just owns teams or the team that plays with zero passion and loses home games to bad teams.
    Losing their best defender,Marcus Smart, for 4-6 weeks with an oblique injury just days before the playoffs start really sucks but on the plus side Gordon Hayward is finally playing like the All Star we've been waiting for all season..

I can see the Celtics-Pacers,Rockets-Jazz and Blazers-Thunder series all possibly going to 7 games,maybe even Nets-76ers if Embiid misses multiple games with his knee injury. Denver playing the Spurs should be a good test for a young Nuggets team and Toronto,Milwaukee & GS should all walk right into the 2nd round.

Eric

So much for homecourt advantage to start the playoffs in the East.

Eric

@erikthredd said:
    I've been looking forward to seeing which Celtics team will show up for the playoffs,the one that turns up their defensive effort to 110% and just owns teams or the team that plays with zero passion and loses home games to bad teams.

The C's gave us a glimpse of both teams during their game yesterday. They went from looking like a lottery team over the first two quarters then giving up just 8 total points in the 3rd quarter on 2-19 shooting and 29 total points in the 2nd half. Hopefully they bring that same intensity into their next game on wednesday.

Eric