Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Roger Burdette Banned From The Collectors Universe Forum

Apollo3Apollo3 Posts: 40
edited March 18, 2019 5:37PM in U.S. Coin Forum

My account as Elemint was closed last month and I never received an explanation as to why A friend of mine who had an
account closed sent my this thread today. Roger Burdette's account was recently closed on this forum. I've enjoyed his
sarcastic yet very insightful comments for years. Hope he returns. He's still active on NGC's forum as I am.

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/pcgs-forum-deletes-member-accounts.326342/

Comments

• Options

The censorship is so tight, it;s hard to tell what exactly is going on, especially when communications are severed,
    You gonna blast off back to NGC's forum @Apollo3? You posted sum great stuff as EleMint Man! The Just Having Fun" thread was epic!

https://www.ngccoin.com/boards/topic/391946-quotjust-having-funquot-ms68-pcgs-slab/#UNREAD

• Options

Thanks for the comment @Columbian312 !

"The censorship is so tight, it;s hard to tell what exactly is going on, especially when communications are severed,
    You gonna blast off back to NGC's forum @Apollo3? You posted sum great stuff as EleMint Man! The Just Having Fun" thread was epic!

https://www.ngccoin.com/boards/topic/391946-quotjust-having-funquot-ms68-pcgs-slab/#UNREAD

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

And also that RogerB is not banned!?

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

FWIW, “312” is the area code for Chicago, where the Columbian Exposition was held.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!

I am a member of CT but only log in occasionally to check on one topic as one of the major players in that niche field choses to do his work there. That thread on RogerB was over the top, which reaffirms my strategy regarding CT.

Good work on ferretting out more trolls above. Now that we know they were all the same person it is hilarious to see him conduct a conversation with himself.

I'll have to make some popcorn and sit back see what else hits the fan this week with the new policy on trolls and alts.

• Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah - @RogerB is still fine here under his current account - that thread the OP linked was many months back when he was removed on accident by Heather for a day or two, but she found the issue and he was returned as well as his content.

------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options

As I recall it was a system glitch or some other inadvertent event, and that some people worked very hard to get it all back online.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HeatherBoyd said:

@JBK said:
    Wow!

I am a member of CT but only log in occasionally to check on one topic as one of the major players in that niche field choses to do his work there. That thread on RogerB was over the top, which reaffirms my strategy regarding CT.

Good work on ferretting out more trolls above. Now that we know they were all the same person it is hilarious to see him conduct a conversation with himself.

I'll have to make some popcorn and sit back see what else hits the fan this week with the new policy on trolls and alts.

Hahah yes, for anyone who does not know, I was not the one who banned Roger and deleted his content. I'm the one who came in and brought it back o:) ! But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter.

Fingers crossed for an uneventful rest of the week!

Look forward to Friday...

• Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HeatherBoyd said:

@StrikeOutXXX said:
    Nah - @RogerB is still fine here under his current account - that thread the OP linked was many months back when he was removed on accident by Heather for a day or two, but she found the issue and he was returned as well as his content.

Again... wasn't me but ok

Oops, my bad - but you did resolve it, so you're still A-OK in my book!

------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options

@Coinstartled said:
    Why moderators drink XVLMIII

;)

??? That # makes no sense. back to Roman class for you! :p

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@Coinstartled said:
    Why moderators drink XVLMIII

;)

??? That # makes no sense. back to Roman class for you! :p

Always wondered why my coins with BC on the date were suspicious.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Broadstruck said:
    Wow an alt to bump your own thread... Thought that was a joke, but now I've seen it all :o

@HeatherBoyd now we just need to know who alt BongoBongo was?

BongoBongo is the forums greatest unsolved mystery ever.

Agree

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's hope this is all because of the Super Worm Moon and we can get back to coins soon.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HeatherBoyd said:

@JBK said:
    Wow!

Hahah yes, for anyone who does not know, I was not the one who banned Roger and deleted his content. I'm the one who came in and brought it back o:) ! But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter.

Think the rain will hurt the rhubarb?

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HeatherBoyd said:
    Same User:

Alts:
    Elemint
    Apollo3
    Columbian312

That's downright embarrassing!

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never really noticed all this going on.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow!! people never cease to amaze me!! This is a hobby for me, so perhaps I'm not nearly as invested as I would be if it were related to my actual job. ..or, if I had that amount of time to waste...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always thought that being able to see those who were posting would go a long way toward understanding and evaluating what they were saying. The simultaneous strength and weakness of Internet forums is equal access to anyone with a keyboard.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm happy they're being weeded out. :)

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought Roger was banned a long time ago.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HeatherBoyd said:

@Insider2 said:

@HeatherBoyd said:

@JBK said:
    Wow!

Look forward to Friday...

Got to get past hump day! ;)

🐪🐫

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah the excitement never ends... Good troll hunting Heather.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK. I’m going to reveal the identity and some details on “Bongo Bongo”. All this is 100% Truthful.~~ I had the pleasure of hanging out with this guy several times at the time he was active on the forum. His first name is Adam. He lived in South Jersey,,in an apartment with wife and infant son. He had red short hair and is Very Very Intelligent, and is about 30 -35 . Some years before this he was working with a company that drove marine pilings in. In an accident, his hip and other bones were badly broken. He has healed pretty good but is on lifetime disability. His Mother and Father both held very high diplomatic posts, and Icelandic citizenship (as does Adam). Through various contacts he developed friendships with people involved with various shady operations, including a government assasin in Afghanistan. His Father was a Numismatist, though in a falling out within the family, stole and sold Adams collection. At the time I knew him he was deeply concerned with Government manipulation of the Environment, such as HAARP and “Chemtrails”, he printed out Vast quantities of documents fearing the Government would soon “cleanse” the internet and a lot of evidence would be wiped out. He did have a broad knowledge of coins and said though he seldom bought anything, he “collected” images and remembered details very well. ~ Now, you may ask, did He have Alts? Yes. He was Ahooka454, A few others I do forget. Now, I’m almost certain he no longer posts. Something.....I’m not quite sure what made him move to Oklahoma pretty quickly. I sort of gathered he was in some type of trouble and May be incarcerated (just a guess because he Does have my phone number and I’ve not heard from him)~~~~ So Now mystery solved.

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh yes. I think one alt was 50largecents....another something like lincolnnutz or such. He Did get a lot of scoldings from Don Willis. He owned a Rabbit (animal not car). Wife was very nice.

• Options
    BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can someone tell me what is going on here? I am confused!

Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
    a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BUFFNIXX said:
    Can someone tell me what is going on here? I am confused!

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1016630/new-forum-rule-trolls-alts-and-bans

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

If people would not nurse their grudges and continue to dredge up ancient history, maybe they would have a shot at carrying on in their lives. "Forgive us our debts as we forgive your debtors", a good mental health practice.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file