Home Sports Talk
Options

What are you going to do now, Mr. Kraft?

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1970s said:

At least it gives us something to talk about, Disagree with each other, bring up that scumbag Kap and any other thing we do here when it gets boring

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Not here, but I see others elsewhere on the internet showing their shock towards this. As a spin from the famous scene in Casablanca, "I'm shocked, shocked, that there's brothels going on here."

I would guess that around four out of five advertised "massage parlors" in the yellow pages, on the internet, etc, are actually brothels. Most every decent size town has one or a few, and of course cities are loaded with them.

If the traffici

@perkdog said:
    I’m still waiting for someone to answer my question about the supposed feminine voice that’s going to have a say in this disciplinary procedure, yes woman rights groups will cry about this and act up but it’s not going to have anything to do with NFL discipline. Kraft might tell everyone to screw and mind their own business and then just “Retire” And hand the keys to his son. Case closed, you sharpened the guillotine for nothing

NFL has become very sensitive to the mistreatment of women, particularly by a small but troublesome number of current and recent past players. The pink breast cancer accessories don't quite make up for the videos of 220 pound athletes shoving the ladies around.

If this were a typical guy in massage parlor bust it would be no big deal. It is a massive investigation into sex trafficking and women being indentured into the trade. Like an idiot, 6 ring Bob has walked into this mess, and all the attorneys on the planet will not walk him out of it. Assuming all he did was offer money to a worker, he is by proxy partially responsible for funding this illicit trade, if this is in fact what it is.

On top of that, Your state leads the Eastern part of the world in progressive thought and Senator Warren needs a vine to grasp. After Smollet, the party will hold back for a bit. once the story is solidified all hell will break loose. He will not be owner of the team a year from now.

It was a great run though and he should be proud of the success.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:
    Not here, but I see others elsewhere on the internet showing their shock towards this. As a spin from the famous scene in Casablanca, "I'm shocked, shocked, that there's brothels going on here."

I would guess that around four out of five advertised "massage parlors" in the yellow pages, on the internet, etc, are actually brothels. Most every decent size town has one or a few, and of course cities are loaded with them.

If the traffici

@perkdog said:
    I’m still waiting for someone to answer my question about the supposed feminine voice that’s going to have a say in this disciplinary procedure, yes woman rights groups will cry about this and act up but it’s not going to have anything to do with NFL discipline. Kraft might tell everyone to screw and mind their own business and then just “Retire” And hand the keys to his son. Case closed, you sharpened the guillotine for nothing

NFL has become very sensitive to the mistreatment of women, particularly by a small but troublesome number of current and recent past players. The pink breast cancer accessories don't quite make up for the videos of 220 pound athletes shoving the ladies around.

If this were a typical guy in massage parlor bust it would be no big deal. It is a massive investigation into sex trafficking and women being indentured into the trade. Like an idiot, 6 ring Bob has walked into this mess, and all the attorneys on the planet will not walk him out of it. Assuming all he did was offer money to a worker, he is by proxy partially responsible for funding this illicit trade, if this is in fact what it is.

On top of that, Your state leads the Eastern part of the world in progressive thought and Senator Warren needs a vine to grasp. After Smollet, the party will hold back for a bit. once the story is solidified all hell will break loose. He will not be owner of the team a year from now.

The NFL is going to do what they do regardless of powerful woman in senate seats. If it’s legit soliciting minors or trafficking then he will get smoked, if NOT it’s a misdemeanor regardless of what irrational thinking people want done about it.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

the pats have been imploding off field for at least a year , might as well let the ownership join in the drama.

Tom and Gronk can retire now there won't be any more rings

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pasted from an article on the web:

NFL owner Robert Kraft isn’t the only prominent name snagged in a Florida prostitution bust.

The sweeping sex sting also nabbed a former Citigroup president and a president of a Florida Boys and Girls Club, according to reports.

<<< president of a Florida Boys and Girls Club >>>

I'm getting a bad feeling about this regarding underage prostitutes being involved.

Some advice for anyone who is feeling lonely and wishing to visit a place advertising "massage"...if ya walk in there and they offer "massage therapists" who are obviously under 18 years old, then get the yell out of there. :#

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    the pats have been imploding off field for at least a year , might as well let the ownership join in the drama.

Tom and Gronk can retire now there won't be any more rings

Imploding for the past year but 3 Super Bowl trips in the past 3 years winning 2 of them 😂

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

the report i saw this morning had Jupiter LE saying that they had video of everyone charged and what they were doing. it was followed, of course, by a statement from Kraft's Lawyers that he "categorically" denies any involvement. I have learned that when they start saying "categorically" that it is almost like an admission of guilt, it just needs to make its way through the system.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    the report i saw this morning had Jupiter LE saying that they had video of everyone charged and what they were doing. it was followed, of course, by a statement from Kraft's Lawyers that he "categorically" denies any involvement. I have learned that when they start saying "categorically" that it is almost like an admission of guilt, it just needs to make its way through the system.

Really....LOL.....it's like when the wife comes in and finds her husband in bed with the neighbors wife and he says "it's not what it looks like"!!! Got to be the stupidest line EVER!

• Options
    45isodd45isodd Posts: 206 ✭✭✭

Commenters on this board ask the question “why didn’t he find a high priced hooker, since he’s a billionaire?”, as if going to the spa wasn’t a conscious decision. It may be that he really enjoys the power he has over women who aren’t from this country, don’t speak the language, and basically are prisoners of their own misfortune. Perhaps he feels he can treat them in ways he wouldn’t treat a white woman, who could speak up.

• Options

@45isodd said:
    Commenters on this board ask the question “why didn’t he find a high priced hooker, since he’s a billionaire?”, as if going to the spa wasn’t a conscious decision. It may be that he really enjoys the power he has over women who aren’t from this country, don’t speak the language, and basically are prisoners of their own misfortune. Perhaps he feels he can treat them in ways he wouldn’t treat a white woman, who could speak up.

or it might be safer to go to the spa , if they think you are a nobody they wont try to blackmail you :#

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@45isodd said:

or it might be safer to go to the spa , if they think you are a nobody they wont try to blackmail you :#

Good point

• Options

Rich man committing an illegal act, and worried about being victimized, got it.

• Options

@45isodd said:
    Rich man committing an illegal act, and worried about being victimized, got it.

pretty much , it can be true it doesn't have to make sense

• Options

It’s also a pretty unsophisticated idea. If the spa owners are cold hearted and devious enough to enslave these women, don’t you think they’re devious enough to exploit an opportunity like that? Or are you also under the assumption that Asians don’t watch, or understand, American tv?

• Options

Perhaps Robert Kraft should have did what Bill Clinton has done. Documented 19 times by air traffic paperwork. Visit "Epstein's Island" which is an island notorious for prostitution, especially underage prostitutes. Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein owns the island and has complete control over the situation, IE no hidden video cameras, etc.

I guess maybe Kraft preferred to satisfy his urges quickly, rather than hopping aboard a plane and expending all that extra time and energy. Bill Clinton was more patient. :D

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:

If the traffici

@perkdog said:

The NFL is going to do what they do regardless of powerful woman in senate seats. If it’s legit soliciting minors or trafficking then he will get smoked, if NOT it’s a misdemeanor regardless of what irrational thinking people want done about it.

If it turns out that the women he employed for sex were not capable of consenting, he is doomed NFL wise, whether he claims to have known or not.

• Options

@45isodd said:
    It’s also a pretty unsophisticated idea. If the spa owners are cold hearted and devious enough to enslave these women, don’t you think they’re devious enough to exploit an opportunity like that? Or are you also under the assumption that Asians don’t watch, or understand, American tv?

Unsophisticated is how I roll :D All I know is they advertised a happy ending but it doesn't seem like thats how its going to turn out.

Therein lies the rub

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@perkdog said:

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:

If the traffici

@perkdog said:

If it turns out that the women he employed for sex were not capable of consenting, he is doomed NFL wise, whether he claims to have known or not.

I mean your quoting me and basically repeating what I said? Not capable of consent means a minor. An adult can “Consent” to anything whether or not it’s illegal is another story

• Options
  • Options

@perkdog said:

@Coinstartled said:

@perkdog said:

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:

If the traffici

@perkdog said:

I mean your quoting me and basically repeating what I said? Not capable of consent means a minor. An adult can “Consent” to anything whether or not it’s illegal is another story

Well that is not true if the adult is indentured. Say she signed a deal in China to come to the US and become a waitress for a couple of years. Got shoved into prostitution by a Manchurian pimp. It sound like this is where the story is heading. One of the reasons I suppose that prostitution is illegal in most US jurisdictions.

• Options

@1970s said:

@45isodd said:

Or are you also under the assumption that Asians don’t watch, or understand, American tv?

My bro

@Coinstartled said:

LOL. Some people here just don't get it. Very minimal damage here. Doomed ? LOL. You do understand we're talking about a billionaire. You do understand we're talking about a guy who can buy any influence he wants, and pull strings to get whatever he wants.

The only "if it turns out" things we should be discussing here is will all the future "hush" money be paid in
    thousands, hundred thousands, or millions.

I get all that. Probably took a few million to get this delayed until after the Super Bowl.

At any rate...the other NFL owners will make the decision as to whether to force Kraft out. They have as many billions as he does.

Can't imagine that this story is considered an asset to the NFL brand.

Kiss him goodbye.

• Options
    edited February 23, 2019 7:26PM

I hope Kraft sticks around. With his power, money, and influence, he could become the new czar in fighting sex traffickers. It’ll give him a new platform and redeem him somewhat in the eyes of society. The odds of that happening are probably 6 billion to one, but who knows.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@1970s said:

@45isodd said:

Or are you also under the assumption that Asians don’t watch, or understand, American tv?

My bro

@Coinstartled said:

LOL. Some people here just don't get it. Very minimal damage here. Doomed ? LOL. You do understand we're talking about a billionaire. You do understand we're talking about a guy who can buy any influence he wants, and pull strings to get whatever he wants.

The only "if it turns out" things we should be discussing here is will all the future "hush" money be paid in
    thousands, hundred thousands, or millions.

I get all that. Probably took a few million to get this delayed until after the Super Bowl.

At any rate...the other NFL owners will make the decision as to whether to force Kraft out. They have as many billions as he does.

Kiss him goodbye.

Why are you racial profiling manchurians man ?

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2019 7:42AM

All of this happened right in the area I live and work lol. There was another sting in the Vero Beach area too...

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I have followed the Patriots since 1960 and could not care less about all this. B & B will still be in charge next year and fight for another championship no matter who owns the team.

• Options

@1970s said:

@Coinstartled said:

Kiss him goodbye.

Jealousy could be the only thing that could force Kraft out. Owners could be saying we now have a chance to get rid of the SOB. Or Kraft could have one of his swiss bank accounts donate 10 million to each owners favorite "charity". That would only be 250 million dollars. When comparing 250 million to 6 billion, that is like me comparing 250 thousand to my 6 million. I would gladly pay 250 thousand of my 6 million to keep my life in tact.

I hope everyone now understands that Kraft has enough power to keep himself perfectly
    clear of any harsh punishment. Sure, he'll get a slap on the wrist, then he'll be back to cigars, cognac, cavier, and the last c that I can't say here.

If the purported videos come out, it will be an instant game changer. Maybe he is innocent though. Cops have certainly screwed things up in the past. He certainly put every joe sixpack on notice to stay away from those places.

• Options
    duanegtomduanegtom Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited February 24, 2019 1:18PM

We are in the #Metoo era, and with the NFL’s history in handling punishment for its players assaulting women, it doesn’t seem likely that this will just go away.

Ray Guy for the Hall of Fame!
  • Options

Guy at Vegas betting parlor.

"I'd like to do a four way parley. Star NCAA player's shoe implodes and he leaves injured in under a minute."

--Bookmaker: "20 to 1"

"Top college coach runs over a pedestrian on the highway and kills him"

--Bookmaker: "10,000 to 1"

"Houston beats Golden State with Harding sitting out"

--Bookmaker "10,000,000 to 1."

"Patriots owner getting busted at a strip mall cat house"

--Bookmaker "Get the &(*%$ out of here!!!

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2019 2:18PM

"Houston beats Golden State with **Harding **sitting out"

Didn't think Tonya could hoop.

• Options

I was thinking the president.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

And now Jessica Korda's boyfriend, sometimes caddie, has been 'stung' too.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

One of many, these guys just got caught 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

I have been to several human trafficking presentations in recent years and it's a serious problem in society throughout the US. It's not just about woman (and young girls) from southeast Asia, and it's not just feminists who bring this up, and it's not just poor drug addicts who get abused, and it's not a problem for other people.... This is a major problem in our society. Pretty girls from the suburbs get taken all the time by kidnappers who turn them into prostitutes. Read up on this guys. It's not a joke. I am not blaming Kraft for anything but poor judgement but there are often victims in these situations so when the guy solicits he is contributing to more people becoming victims. I suggest saving jokes for a different thread.

• Options

@larryallen73 said:
    I have been to several human trafficking presentations in recent years and it's a serious problem in society throughout the US. It's not just about woman (and young girls) from southeast Asia, and it's not just feminists who bring this up, and it's not just poor drug addicts who get abused, and it's not a problem for other people.... This is a major problem in our society. Pretty girls from the suburbs get taken all the time by kidnappers who turn them into prostitutes. Read up on this guys. It's not a joke. I am not blaming Kraft for anything but poor judgement but there are often victims in these situations so when the guy solicits he is contributing to more people becoming victims. I suggest saving jokes for a different thread.

I seriously don’t think anyone disagrees with you on this. I certainly don’t however I believe if it was regulated by the government and considered legal I truly believe it would put a lot of these trafficking operations out of business. Legalizing sport betting would also stop people from giving their business to some dirtbag bookie who might insinuate violence if the lost dollars are not paid. Legalizing Marijuana will put pot some dealers out of business and prevent extra garbage putting in cheap knock off stuff that seriously harms people. I don’t Smoke or Bet sports nor do I involve myself with human trafficking either, I’m just looking at these things with an open mind

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think anyone here is making light of human trafficking (this isn't the place for that kind of discussion anyway). We're mocking a billionaire who was stupid enough to get busted and have his name in the headlines being associated with it.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    I don't think anyone here is making light of human trafficking (this isn't the place for that kind of discussion anyway). We're mocking a billionaire who was stupid enough to get busted and have his name in the headlines being associated with it.

this. everyone understands the gravity of the situation. and i'm quite confident that no one here would exercise their judgment in a similar fashion. but when you have a very rich, very powerful man caught in a place like that...........as well as the boyfriend of an attractive up-and-coming player on the lpga tour.........and Lord knows who else will be implicated...........public shaming is the very least you deserve, but it needs to be included in the punitive measures

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

I couldn't believe that when I read it. What a loser.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

And no he's not going to Disneyland either when everyone knows that he doesn't meet the height requirement for most of their rides. B)

• Options

rumor has it a ton of people have seen the video and a lot of money is being spread around so its a matter of time before bobby and little bobby go live on the internet

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    rumor has it a ton of people have seen the video and a lot of money is being spread around so its a matter of time before bobby and little bobby go live on the internet

Is there Vegas over/under betting on "it" yet, such as the size?

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

no, but here's your Tim Donaghy insider trading tip o' the day when the line comes out

there was a receipt for a penis pump found at the crime scene

• Options

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

I don't know , I just heard dozens of people saw it and positively ID'ed bob. Someone who has seen it must need money so its going to get sold to TMZ or whatever weak link they find. Its supposedly very graphic :D:D

The fool got pulled over for a fake traffic stop after he left the first time and still went back . Wouldn't it spook you to get pulled over as you leave the place and get asked for ID when you aren't driving the car ? They might have been trying to warn the idiot off and he didn't pick up on it :D

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@stevek said:

no, but here's your Tim Donaghy insider trading tip o' the day when the line comes out

So you're saying the smart money is betting the under? :D

• Options

@stevek said:

@galaxy27 said:

@stevek said:

So you're saying the smart money is betting the under? :D

place your bets before the video drops