1978s proof set roosevelt dime-HORN?????

Flyguy1982Flyguy1982 Posts: 46
edited February 21, 2019 8:21PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I was looking through a lot of proof sets I inherited today & looked close at the dime& like this looks like a horn on the side of his head...?? Smh wowww...what you guys think?? Pretty weird looking

Comments

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks kind of like a strike through, but need clearer pics. Is it incuse or not? It might be the plastic sleeve.

• No it's not plastic sleeve...

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

My vision must be deteriorating because I can't tell much of anything with the photos.

• rickoricko Posts: 71,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

The pictures are a tad blurry... however, it does look like a struck through...interesting anomaly on a proof coin. Try to post some better pictures and we may be able to give more information. Cheers, RickO

• cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a strike-thru, based on the photos...

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 7/2013- 1983 No-S Proof Set
  • ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very interesting visual effect of a strike-through. Not sure the market for something like this, but it does look like a horn and I'm sure someone would pay a premium for it.

• FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be a struck thru, as mentioned.

Could also be a 'hit' - tough to tell from
    the photos.

Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV.
    Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 42 +-Year PNG Member, and an ICTA Board Member.A full time coin dealer since 1972.
  • & the pics look clear enough....cant you see it looks like his hair but going in a different direction or something, no again its not the plastic ,all my proof sets are well reserved....

• Thanks for all the feed back,I'll post some more pics but I dont how clearer they could be but ok