Dimeman's FUN show report....Day 3.....

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 18,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 13, 2019 1:19PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Day 1 (Thursday) - Well I got to the building bright and early think I parked close being in the right parking lot and everything. Boy was I wrong. I walked and walked finally getting to the show it's self......hoping I could find my car at the end of the day (which I did), Anyway the first thing I did was meet our very own CrazyHoundDog Joe at the PCGS table spent probably an hour or so talking to Joe and his son Joe and Heather Boyd...very enjoyable. Then I hunted down our very own insider2! Had a long talk with him on coins...varieties and grading. He is a very knowledgeable and very nice guy. :) ;) By this time it was 2:00 and I hadn't looked at a coin yet....I was getting the shakes. So to lighten my briefcase I dropped off 30 coins at Great Collections to be entered in their auction. So now the hunt began. I started on row 100 working up towards the bigger numbers. Along the way I met BarberKeys and had a good talk. Then stopped by Pat Vetters table and looked at all of his Mercs which were nice, but no varieties. I then met and talked to amworld….always nice to talk coins with him. By this time it was getting late in the day and BINGO I made my first find....a 1943-S Trumpet Tale in the wild PCGS66FB this will upgrade my PCGS65 after I get it attributed. I then skipped over to find the PenneyLady's table looking for a 1972 DDO for my Variety Type set, but she was not there so I will revisit her tomorrow. I then went to a friends table and found what I thind is a Washie variety in the wild a 1950-D PCGS66+ nice color. I think it is the 801 DDR, I will have to check it out against the coin in Coinfacts. That's it for the day.....sorry for the ramble.

All Dimes All Varieties

Coins for sale

Canadian Dimes Set

Washington Quarters All Varieties 32-64

>RIP -image Rebecca 2004-2018...If love could have saved you - you would have lived forever<

Comments