Home Precious Metals

Premium for 100 oz bar?

MoneyMonkey1MoneyMonkey1 Posts: 104 ✭✭✭
edited November 28, 2018 7:17PM in Precious Metals

Thanks for all the input.

Best Answers

Answers

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a Sunshine bar...Appears to be a Continental Coin 100 oz bar... review post below

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1009506/question-about-silver-bullion-maker#latest

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • MoneyMonkey1MoneyMonkey1 Posts: 104 ✭✭✭

Thanks. I was told at a coin show it was a Sunshine bar. Continental Coin makes sense with the CC marks. Is there any premium because the silver was sourced from the SF & NY Assay office?

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like the bar, especially the CC thing.

The wording, "Contains silver formerly stored at U.S. assay office San Francisco or New York" is open ended and in itself should not add a premium IMO. An expert can correct me if I am mistaken.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool bar!

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet, I like it !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2018 7:42PM

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Certainly an interesting silver bar... 100 ounces is a big hunk though, and I would think it not as liquid as smaller bars - i.e. ten or five ounce bars. A collector might be interested though. Cheers, RickO

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

The majority of collectors of old vintage silver bars want 10 oz or smaller silver bars.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Baley said:
    I'd guess between one and two dollars premium per oz. Perhaps as much as three to the right buyer.

Most bullion dealers and coin shops will only pay about 95% of melt value. They'd rather buy ten 10 oz bars than a single 100 oz bar. The 10 oz bars are easy for them to sell while the 100 oz bars are a lot more difficult for them to sell.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.